Author Topic: Nerf The Courser  (Read 6736 times)

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
Nerf The Courser
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:43:33 pm »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:56:23 pm by Lemmy_Winks »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leonidas_Co

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Colombian
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MURDER BONERS
  • Game nicks: LC_Leo_The_Colombian_MB
Re: Nerf The Courser
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:45:46 pm »
+5
Nerf yourself

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »
tbh Courser often die in one hit because of its speed, also as a rider myself because i am riding on a fast courser i can die from any throwing weapon due to speed bonus from 1 hit. 2 shots from arbalest is enough to bring down a courser, riding this pony you will often find yourself crash into walls and often lead you to ur doom. I say buff the horses leg's damage back to where it was before so it can balance out all the horse cuz before plate charger can at least take 5+ hits before it die and now it can die in 1-3 hit which makes life alot harder for 1 handed / 2 handed cav as they will always engage in melee

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:57:42 pm »
tbh Courser often die in one hit because of its speed, also as a rider myself because i am riding on a fast courser i can die from any throwing weapon due to speed bonus from 1 hit. 2 shots from arbalest is enough to bring down a courser, riding this pony you will often find yourself crash into walls and often lead you to ur doom. I say buff the horses leg's damage back to where it was before so it can balance out all the horse cuz before plate charger can at least take 5+ hits before it die and now it can die in 1-3 hit which makes life alot harder for 1 handed / 2 handed cav as they will always engage in melee

I ride a +3 destriter, and everything u said about a courser in reguards to weakness can be said about a +3 destriter. It gets one shotted by throwers all the time, and obviously running into a wall near infantry will get you dehorsed and killed unless your riding a charger or something.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:02 am »
What I don't like of these new states on some horses is their big jump in states they have compared to the more costly ones.

The best balanced horse (Destrier) gets 42 speed/manoeuvre which is fine as the previous horses have comparative stats but less hp/armour and charge, tough the manoeuvre and speed horses have a big gap over their precedents.

If a steppe horse with 47 manoeuvre has 37 speed why the courser has 46 speed AND 41 manoeuvre? Wouldn't it be more appropriate 37-38 manoeuvre?

The same can be said for the arabian, it has 48 manoeuvre (Very high) but it also has 41 speed which is a lot compared to the steppe horse which has 37 speed.

If these horses stats where to remain the same, wouldn't be appropriate to add a new balanced horse with 44 speed?

Just saying..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:03:59 am by Vexus »

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 12:15:07 am »
What I don't like of these new states on some horses is their big jump in states they have compared to the more costly ones.

The best balanced horse (Destrier) gets 42 speed/manoeuvre which is fine as the previous horses have comparative stats but less hp/armour and charge, tough the manoeuvre and speed horses have a big gap over their precedents.

If a steppe horse with 47 manoeuvre has 37 speed why the courser has 46 speed AND 41 manoeuvre? Wouldn't it be more appropriate 37-38 manoeuvre?

The same can be said for the arabian, it has 48 manoeuvre (Very high) but it also has 41 speed which is a lot compared to the steppe horse which has 37 speed.

If these horses stats where to remain the same, wouldn't be appropriate to add a new balanced horse with 44 speed?

Just saying..

I dont think buffing the destriters (the balanced horse) stats wouldnt solve the problem. Yes it would make it more fair for destrieter cav but it would make things even more unfair for the infantry than they are now. And what is to a large extent responsible for cav being overpowered in general is the courser. As i mentioned in my OP all *real* lancer cav use coursers, and this horses are very inexpensive and very OP making things tough for the infantry. As to your stat balance point you make that is interesting and a good point. However you cannot compare speed and maneuverability when it comes to balancing a horse.

Speed is SIGNIFICANTLY more important for a horse than maneuverability, you get the vast majority of your damage from speed and if your as fast as a courser no other horse can catch you making it very easy to avoid being killed by other cav (you dont even have to fight other cav if you choose not to), maneuverability is just nice when it comes to dodging attacks and turning to get a good angle on an opponent. So you wouldn't be able to balance 1 for 1 when it comes to speed and maneuverability something like a 1 to 2 speed to maneuverability balance would be more appropriate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:18:21 am by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 12:17:32 am »
+13
Nerf courser.

Yours sincerely,

Destrier Owner

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:51 am »
Nerf courser.

Yours sincerely,

Destrier Owner

Paul if you or anyone else have an intelligent argument to make as to why the courser shouldn't be nerfed again then please make that argument.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:57 am »
Manoeuvre is VERY important now than ever with the limited amount a lancer can turn it's thrust on horse.

Both points are useful (Manoeuvre more to rangers) and like I previously said if they where to remain the same a new horse with 44 speed should be added as high tier of the balanced horses.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 12:31:06 am »
Manoeuvre is VERY important now than ever with the limited amount a lancer can turn it's thrust on horse.

Both points are useful (Manoeuvre more to rangers) and like I previously said if they where to remain the same a new horse with 44 speed should be added as high tier of the balanced horses.

Even if manuverability where important to a lancer cav, i can count on one hand the number of lancer cav ive seen riding a high manuver horse. And given that fact i would assume 99% of the lancer cav player base would agree with me. The range of motion on a lance is so bad theirs no point in trying to do anything but straight charge someone. Maneuverability is more important for 1h cavalry but still not really important.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 12:47:12 am »
I can assure you that when your running so fast you won't be able to turn fast either.

Cheaper with 4 more speed with only 1 less manoeuvre than a destrier is what makes the courser more appealing now more when even an armoured horse can die in 1-2 swings in the legs.

There should be pros and cons or something medium but balanced.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 01:30:13 am »
destrier and armoured horses are far better than the courser

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 04:14:32 am »
destrier and armoured horses are far better than the courser

Which is why all of the best lancer cav use coursers?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 04:20:28 am »
+1
So if its been nerfed before and its used by everyone, its probably OP.

Google up "Argumentum ad populum"

Very nice example of this fallacy.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 04:37:19 am »
+1

There is no sight in my third eye