Author Topic: Nerf The Courser  (Read 6752 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: Nerf The Courser
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 04:49:32 am »
Which is why all of the best lancer cav use coursers?

you mean huey? cause all the other cav using coursers are not good and huey thinks the dest+armoured horses are better but enjoys the courser more.
also the only other cav that matters (that being rohypnol) thinks destrier+armoured horses are way better than the courser.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:52:49 am by BADPLAYER »

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 05:11:42 am »
+1
courser is good, but only if the guy on it have a scale armor.

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 05:27:50 am »
Heuy said that other horses are much better than the one he rides, but yet he chooses to ride his courser? That doesn't make sense i doubt he means it, actions speak louder than words. He obviously doesnt want the courser to be nerfed he rides one.

And to the other guy, coursers take a good cav and make them great, and they take a bad cav and make them pretty good. Cavalries isn't really that good they have two good players. Chaos, ATS, and Hosp all have better cav players than cavalries does if u take out Huey (probably still do if you included him). Id take Develize who ive seen get like 40+ kills riding his courser over edmond or whoever else they have.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:35:54 am by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 05:39:32 am »
+1
In my opinion the courser is the easiest cav (real cav, a pox on your Palfries and such) to kill for any archer due to how rubbishly predictable it is. Against non-range though I can see it as absolutely devastating. I have mixed feelings on this.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 05:39:43 am »
As said before, with the speed bonus courser gets onehitted often from throwing weapons or arbalest if the rider isn't extremely careful with his riding speed and positioning. I've had situations where 1 arrow has left approximately 1hp to my champion courser. I wouldn't call that OP. Due to it's large size courser is pretty easy to hit with ranged weapons as well, whereas arabian doesn't get hit as often (I assume it has smaller hitboxes... And if it doesnt it still looks smaller).

A lancer with courser can be and is deadly but I would be way more concerned about the ones who ride arabian because they kick your arse in cav duels and eat infantry as breakfast... I like the fact that there is different kind of horses to fit one's playstyle. They all have different things that people prefer.

(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 05:45:16 am »
+2
Ladies and Gentlemen, Happy Hypocrite Studios proudly presents:

Another Lemmy_Winks Serf Serve production...

...starring Lame Mane the Destriter and from Imba Island your very favorite Old Pal Courser...

...in a film about frustration and severe ownage...

...WAR PAPERHORSE!

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:46 am »
As said before, with the speed bonus courser gets onehitted often from throwing weapons or arbalest if the rider isn't extremely careful with his riding speed and positioning. I've had situations where 1 arrow has left approximately 1hp to my champion courser. I wouldn't call that OP. Due to it's large size courser is pretty easy to hit with ranged weapons as well, whereas arabian doesn't get hit as often (I assume it has smaller hitboxes... And if it doesnt it still looks smaller).

A lancer with courser can be and is deadly but I would be way more concerned about the ones who ride arabian because they kick your arse in cav duels and eat infantry as breakfast... I like the fact that there is different kind of horses to fit one's playstyle. They all have different things that people prefer.

(click to show/hide)

You mention getting one hit due to speed bonus, the same thing applies to a destriter. My +3 has been one shotted by bows plenty of times and its not so much the speed bonus its getting shot in the head with a powerful weapon. And looking at the stat differences, i would assume that a destriter can take one more arrow or so than a courser can, not enough to make up for the gross speed and moderate cost differences.

A courser is not large, it is the same size as any horse except some of the super heavy horses. I peresonally havnt seen courseres getting torn up by ranged, in fact it seems when im riding with other cav (courseres) the archers almost always shoot at me instead of them despite my horse being "stronger", i assume because coursers are so fast they are very hard to hit, and ive heard archers saying that in game too. Not to menton seeing coursers being the last one on a team and it taking forever for archers to bring it down. Obviously the faster the horse is the harder it is to hit.

Arabians dont get hit as often because of their extremely high maneuverability, just like a courser doesnt get hit because of its extremely high speed. Arabians are only dangerous in a cav vs cav fight if you try to get into a turning competition with them which is a very stupid thing to do. If you dont realize that that isn't a good idea than i don't know. You have to get behind them and run them down (dont let them get an any kind of angle on you keep em straight infront of you), which as a courser you can easily do and its very difficult to escape from a horse that is twice as fast as yours when its chasing you, i know i have to avoid atleast 2-3 coursers every round of every game, they like to chase 1h cav.

Sure you can dodge a courser if they are bad but they will be right back on you in a position to lance you in a few seconds due to their ridiculous speed. If i can kill Arabians with a 65 weapon speed  82 reach morning star on a destriter it should be easy for you with a lance on a courser. I wont ride a courser because im a 1h cav so maneuverability is a bit more important and it leaves more skill for PS, and one shotting someone as 1h cav is absolutely everything for a 1h cav (which is why i use morning-star). Its hard enough to hit someone once and if you hti them and they survive its very hard or atleast dangerous to try to finish them off when they know ur gunning for them.

And Dynamike, my horse's name is not Lame Mane his name is Butt Fucker Bronco. Keep in mind everyone im trying to balance out cav and help the ground people.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:13:03 am by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 06:48:40 am »
It's useless for me to post anything more into this thread. Every sane person knew from the very first post of your's that you are posting bullshit again... I'm out -->

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 07:27:45 am »
+1
you mean huey? cause all the other cav using coursers are not good and huey thinks the dest+armoured horses are better but enjoys the courser more.

In actuality, Huey just thinks he is sticking it to the white supremacist power structure by being a black man riding a white steed.

But seriously though, I have more gripes with the Destrier than the courser for the reasons listed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:28:46 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 07:33:58 am »
Even if manuverability where important to a lancer cav, i can count on one hand the number of lancer cav ive seen riding a high manuver horse. And given that fact i would assume 99% of the lancer cav player base would agree with me. The range of motion on a lance is so bad theirs no point in trying to do anything but straight charge someone. Maneuverability is more important for 1h cavalry but still not really important.

you got me convinced.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 07:39:29 am »
Imo heavier horses and arabian are all better than the courser.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 09:50:51 am »
i dont have a problem with the courser, even though its overused...its the arab that needs to go up 50% from where its at.  So your telling me an agile thoroughbred trained Arabian is LESS expensive than a common run of the mill destrier?

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:36 am »
i dont have a problem with the courser, even though its overused...its the arab that needs to go up 50% from where its at.  So your telling me an agile thoroughbred trained Arabian is LESS expensive than a common run of the mill destrier?

destrier is better than arabian thats why it costs more.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 10:37:27 am »

Looks like we got a horse economist posting in this thread.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2553
  • Infamy: 1697
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 01:38:37 pm »
+2
Destrier is better than Courser.

They have similar maneuver but Courser is a lot faster which means  it's actually harder to maneuver with Courser. Courser is great when you want to ambush someone going in a straight line but against other cavalry isn't good at all, despite its high speed.

Arabian is the king of horses on EU1. And large war horse, which has stupidly huge model (perfect for bumping people).