Author Topic: Equalize weapon master & agility builds  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Equalize weapon master & agility builds
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

Almost all weapons do pierce damage on thrust. This negates medium armor builds and enables slow strenght builds very sexy option in rushing lightly armored with decent speed and crushing all resistance. In another forum topic someone mentioned to buff thrust damage on non antiarmor dedicated weapons such lances, pikes (not awlpikes) and some swords but make it deal slashing damage.
This will increase armor value on non tincan builds but also increase damage output to light armor builds especially fake slow ninjas which are fast as medium armor balanced builds but cannot use properly agility to avoid being hit.

Also this change will be more historically correct cuz spears were not very effective against mail and also swords were modernized to deal with plate (shorter more stabbing).

Nerf steel pick. This weapon is sick :!:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:37:27 pm by Piok »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:56 pm »
As a balanced build (18/21) with 7 wm, I have probs with the high agi characters quite often. They swing so fast and still do decent damage to me even if i use full plate.

If a high str char uses a fast weapon then yeah their speed can be surprising, but I hardly think agi needs a buff.

EDIT: I actually re-read the whole thread and I can see some of the points.

For me, personally, because I like to use plate and flam, i dont see the wm as being a waste if it can negate some of the negative effects from using plate.

I sometimes wonder where I would put my stats if i levelled past 30. Would I go str or agi?? Both directions have plusses and minuses for me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:03:11 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 12:39:45 am »
Agreed. Some of us have been saying this since forever, never gotten heard.

STR is OP. Buff Agi (wpm and perhaps some athletics?) without breaking everything.. pls.  (Everything means in this case netcode breaking swings etc.)

AGI sucks so much that people don't even think about it, just complain the game is slow and boring with their DGS and STR builds...

Extreme agi is cool for rageball though.  (Where running speed is important)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 12:48:35 am »
You usually don't have more than 20-30 more hp than balanced builds if you're playing a 36/3 build with 10-11 IF. Using a gambeson will only let you take 1 more hit than a balanced build with the same armor, unless you're facing someone with very low PS who deals only 10 damage to someone with 20 armor... You're also forgetting that glances will almost never happen on someone with 20 armor while they will on the 40-50 armor a balanced build usually has. You might be as fast as them using a gambeson but you're certainly not as tough (except maybe against pierce / blunt).

You forget about having good gloves, which maximizes armor/weight ratio but at a higher cost. Even if they're not loomed, you can get to a decent 30ish maybe even close to 40 body armor with looms, and that's more than enough to take QUITE a few hits with a high strength build. My 24/15 with ~ 50 body armor takes so many hits, I doubt 30-36 strength and 35-40 body armor will be much different in amount of hits to kill.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 12:57:48 am »
You forget about having good gloves, which maximizes armor/weight ratio but at a higher cost. Even if they're not loomed, you can get to a decent 30ish maybe even close to 40 body armor with looms, and that's more than enough to take QUITE a few hits with a high strength build.

Word. +3 Gambeson and +3 Heavy Gauntlets give 40 body armor. Same thing as regular mail hauberk and mail mittens in regards to body armor values but 5.5 weight lighter.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 01:14:50 am »
+1
So when I'm going from 170wpf to 220 and when am I get buildy back :(

Serious face: Perhaps each point of agi should give you 10 points wpf and a greater buff to run speed, say another 2% on what it already does. That's another 240 wpf for my build which would put me on about 180, but then again that would give the no WM users a nice boost too... Feck it just crank the curve up on WM 8WM gives.

It looks like such an arbitrary linear curve.

WM1 WM2 WM3 WM4 WM5 WM6 MW7 MW8 MW9 MW10
30     40    50    60     70    80     90    100  110   120

The req per point goes up so hard that it makes MW really pretty average. Once you get to MW6 your pretty much just getting around 10 WPF... and that is pretty shit house TBH. I guess balancing the bows to maintain their accuracy is a reason kind of to not buff WM.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 05:46:31 am »
I'm kind of okay with how WPF is currently, but for the love of God reduce the penalty of rough terrain on athletics.

As the penalty is percentage-based, the higher your athletics the more you are penalized by moving on rough terrain. (hills, indoors, etc.)

When using a character with high athletics you live and die by your ability to move. The fact that you suddenly move at a snails pace because you are inside or walking down a hill or because it's raining is ridiculous.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 07:19:11 am »
I'm kind of okay with how WPF is currently, but for the love of God reduce the penalty of rough terrain on athletics.

As the penalty is percentage-based, the higher your athletics the more you are penalized by moving on rough terrain. (hills, indoors, etc.)

When using a character with high athletics you live and die by your ability to move. The fact that you suddenly move at a snails pace because you are inside or walking down a hill or because it's raining is ridiculous.

I love when some guy with 4 athletics in heavy armor outruns me with my 9 athletics in cloth armor.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 12:01:24 pm »
Maybe add boosts when you reach certain levels of wpf, hit 170 and you get an additional speed percentage.

Also I'd like to see higher athletics decrease the impact of terrain like hills and stairs, I think it's dumb that if I have 8 athletics, I can't run up some stairs.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 05:05:36 pm »
Flatten the wpf curve, ah fuck it. Not going to type that again. I think I typed that for the first time a year ago, one year further and cRPG is still slow as fuck and strength has the advantage.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 09:48:06 pm »
Agreed. Some of us have been saying this since forever, never gotten heard.

STR is OP. Buff Agi (wpm and perhaps some athletics?) without breaking everything.. pls.  (Everything means in this case netcode breaking swings etc.)

AGI sucks so much that people don't even think about it, just complain the game is slow and boring with their DGS and STR builds...

Extreme agi is cool for rageball though.  (Where running speed is important)

You sir, lack conviction in your statements. A majority of my Buff cRPG post regarded buffing athletics and WPF speed, yet you opted to give it a negative. For shame.  :?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:13 am »
You sir, lack conviction in your statements. A majority of my Buff cRPG post regarded buffing athletics and WPF speed, yet you opted to give it a negative. For shame.  :?
Yeah its not like the bulk of your ideas in that post where aimed at buffing ranged and its not like Thomek is a ninja with barely any armor and a frequent target for ranged, oh wait.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »
I love when some guy with 4 athletics in heavy armor outruns me with my 9 athletics in cloth armor.

Lol those siege maps with the sticky floors.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:02:45 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:23 pm »
Yeah its not like the bulk of your ideas in that post where aimed at buffing ranged and its not like Thomek is a ninja with barely any armor and a frequent target for ranged, oh wait.

Let's see, 12 suggestions, 2 of them regarding ranged and 1 regarding low end throwing weapons.  So 9 of 12 had nothing to do with ranged and a large portion were buff to athletics and WPF speed increases.

So yeah, its EXACTLY like the bulk of them were not buffs to ranged. It is exactly like I said, ragers read ranged buff, quit reading, hit negative.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:07:33 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »
+1
No don't buff agi, i used to be leve 34 and with 10 WM and extremely high riding.  I spam the shit out of tons of people on rage ball and most of the them don't got the chance to fight back. Current system is fine. Don't listen to the 0.06 speed difference, its bullshit. I clearly swing alot faster with 10 WM than with 0 WM, with 0 Wm i cant spam no shit with quaterstaff, 10 WM i can spam a hell out of it

Edit: you have no idea how OP archers  / xbowman will become if Wps got buff.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:33:10 pm by AlexTheDragon »