Author Topic: Buff Archer damage  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Buff Archer damage
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 07:09:53 pm »
If you compare with an average 1h+Shielder it takes as many hit to kill an armored foe,but for archers with less risk and less skill points (pd 7 / ps 6 + shield 6).
That's one reason i find archery is balanced now.

When i play archer, i try to support my team, i can wound foes that are coming or disturb them in fight (so team mate can kill them), also if i'm in a good day i can one shot ppl in the head.

If i'm alone, i shot 1 or 2 times the guy coming and finish him with my 2h weapon.

I have more problems with other archers, who are aware of my presence and can spam me with heirloomed bows. They can kill me with 1 or 2 shots.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:03 pm »
We never nerfed archery. We just buffed armour indirectly.

pff
whatever .... yes archering is fine now and blah blah ..... I am so cool because blah blah
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:33:58 pm by Belatu »
My fridge is my shield

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 10:59:25 pm »
archer should be nothing more than support character - if you accept this fact, than you have to admit archery is fine or should be even more nerfed.

if you want archers (sometimes) toping the scoreboard like prepatch, than of course archery should get a boost - but i don't really want to see that. it will lead to massive archer spam and will ruin the best aspect of the game - infantry toe to toe fighting.

it just depends what kind of game you want crpg to be...

(btw some posts are really biased - 7PD and 5 shots to medium armor - pure lie and bs)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:01:04 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:37 am »

(btw some posts are really biased - 7PD and 5 shots to medium armor - pure lie and bs)

its not a lie. ofcourse it depends on the distance...i've got 8 PD and im using the strongbow....got 6 arrows in a guy with tourney armor...still not dead. Also, its depends on ur IF.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 02:51:00 pm »
archer should be nothing more than support character bleh blah bleh bleh

Infantry and cavalry should be the support class.  :twisted:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »
Infantry and cavalry should be the support class.  :twisted:

Pikers should be decapitated and their heads put on their own pikes and the free end of the pike shoved up into archers assholes so they shoot it out when they fart. Also, if those archers charge backwards it could be used as a battering ram, presuming the dead piker's head is strong enough.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »
when archery damage gets a buff it will get nerfed twice as hard again because of the many 2hspammers who wants an easytime and top the scoreboard with 39583948:0

when something is need than only a buff of projectile speed...yesterday i have champered some arrows again :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:33:41 pm by Farrok »

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 05:02:29 pm »
Real men stop arrows with THE FORCE.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:53 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1230.msg16950.html#msg16950

Scroll down to chadz his first reply. :?

(click to show/hide)

I dont understand why these kind of archer whine threads keep popping up, and why people still reply to them srsly.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:54:07 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Oldsnake

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2011, 03:09:54 pm »
Because servers are full of noob archers that don't have a clue about this class should be played. They get 1 lucky shot on a guy, shot 10 arrows near that guy because their aiming skill is below sea level, and then they go on the forums: "OMG i can't kill shit with 10PD and 300 wpf". Nebun and Jambi and other good archers still top the scoreboards.

Offline Teak

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DeBitre
  • Game nicks: Teak_X, Teak_afterpatch, PolePole
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2011, 03:49:24 pm »
For me  the biggest problem is the shoot speed. It means luck is now a lot more important than it used to be. before patch i felt skilled when i hit a difficult shot, now i feel lucky. As a result i have prettymuch stopped playing my archer char. Besides with the migthy throwers running around i have to flee all the time, as its just impossible to fight them now. If the shot speed was higher, i would at least have a chance before they got close.

To sum up, either nerf throwing, or buff arrow speed.

(The good thing with patch is offcourse that i now have more fun with a cav guy, as i can pretty much ignore archers.)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »
Archery is fine as it is, there are plenty of foot archers that do very well, the top bows + decent power draw already do enough damage.

If you think it's hard as a Foot Archer you should try playing Horse Archer, it's weak as shit until you get to level 30 and even then you only have a strongbow with 5 PD, it takes me 3+ shots to kill most people from full health and I have to do that whilst riding on a horse.

Infact I'd go as far as to say 4 shots or more hits if they're wearing medium to heavy armour, plus as a foot archer you can also get Power Strike and some melee WPF if you want to. Foot Archer is powerful when in the hands of a skilled user, if you think it's weak, either your build or your skills need improving.

I like it as it is and any kind of buff to archer would destroy the 'balance' we have now, I say 'balance' because obviously it's not 100% balanced, but it feels pretty damn good right now and archery is definately something that doesn't need to be altered to improve that balance.

To sum up, either nerf throwing, or buff arrow speed.

Lol no way, arrow speed is good, if I can hit moving targets whilst moving fast on my horse, sometimes at a considerable range, then I'm sure it's fine for any decent foot archers. Throwing and Archery shouldn't be labeled together just because they're both ranged, Throwing is its own thing and it will probably be toned down.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:58:35 pm by Leesin »

Offline Teak

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DeBitre
  • Game nicks: Teak_X, Teak_afterpatch, PolePole
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011, 04:00:24 pm »
I agree with the point that HA's have been nerfed more than anything else, i you want 5 HA, u can only use a Nomad bow, and it does litteraly no damage against even medium armour.

Being a HA is now a very expensive way not to get kills

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2011, 04:07:44 pm »
I agree with the point that HA's have been nerfed more than anything else, i you want 5 HA, u can only use a Nomad bow, and it does litteraly no damage against even medium armour.

Being a HA is now a very expensive way not to get kills
Wrong, you are just not able to hit everyone with 100% accuracy. U have to choose Khergit Bow if you want more accuracy, and Strong Bow for damage, so, what's wrong with it? Tuonela, HA_Noctivagant etc are all doing just fine.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2011, 04:08:55 pm »
You shouldn't be targetting heavily armored people anyway unless you're trying to help a teammate by stunning.

Archers are amazing for dealing with other archers, lightly armored crossbowmen, lightly armored throwers, and light all cavalry.  That's who you should be targetting, not burning your arrows on heavy armor (or shields).

Changed that little part. All the rest I agree with.

EDIT: Maybe this is for the throwing thread. Woops.... still. I always get killed by some kind of projectile. And arrows take half of my horses health down from 1 shot...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:11:01 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."