Author Topic: Buff Archer damage  (Read 7597 times)

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
Buff Archer damage
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:06:23 pm »
+1
Well i am a power archer with 7 power draw and it still takes me sometimes 5 shots to kill someone in anything from medium to heavy armour more than 5 when they are in heavy armour, i think there should be a buff on the damage done by archers. you cannot survive 5 arrows, its ridiculus (unless your borromir ofc).

Offline Lotrix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • #Rocker#
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Risen
  • Game nicks: Risen_Axxell
Re: Buff Archer damage
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:17:28 pm »
Agreed.It's very unreal to survive to more than 5 arrows in your body :shock:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »
arrows dont go into your body when you wear heavy armor...

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 03:19:36 pm »
Hell no!
1. The whole ponit of armour was to stop damage. some armours had it that the arrows were stuck in the armour, not the person wearing it
2. I got hit for half my health by an arrow while wearing 40 body armour

So it does NOT need a buff
End of

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 03:31:12 pm »
You shouldn't be targetting heavily armored people anyway unless you're trying to help a teammate by stunning.

Archers are amazing for dealing with other archers, lightly armored crossbowmen, lightly armored throwers, and light cavalry.  That's who you should be targetting, not burning your arrows on heavy armor (or shields).
boop

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 03:40:33 pm »
So what for should armor be then? You already die in 1 hit from most things.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 03:48:26 pm »
No one can survive 5 hits if they aren't wearing any armor, that's true, and ingame no one actually does survive that. But think of an armored guys, first there comes thick layer of leather, then the chainmail (which is made of the same material as your arrowheads), then some more leather before the arrow hits the flesh. IF it even makes it to the flesh. Direct hit probably would penetrate the armor, when shot from short distance, but when shot from afar and possibly on rainy weather, the arrow simply loses most of it's power. And this was only medium armor.

On plate armor there is a high chance that the arrow simply bounces off, dealing no damage at all. And even if a direct hit was able to pierce the plate, it would stop there. So that the human inside the tincan remains mostly unharmed. So our knight here (inside the tincan) would probably just say "lol" at your 5 shots from behind his helmet and keep walking towards you. (armor like that weights a LOT, so running was almost impossible, also falling down meant death since getting back up wasn't much easier than running).

Of course, I'm trying to think the situation in reality, where the iron is mined by hand in extremely poor conditions. So getting a plated armor like that meant you were extremely rich.

Ingame however, I think that the archers are balanced quite well. With the shooting rate they have you can make those 5 hits in the time you'd shoot and reload a sniper crossbow once. Also, if you are focusing your attention on the tincans, you're doing it wrong! Don't waste your arrows on them, they deal just as much damage as a light armored ninja does, so shoot the ninja instead!

If you feel like shooting tincans, get a crossbow. Normal bow deals cut damage, while xbows pierce.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »
You can be an archer AND have a 2h sword/pole as backup and both will function with sucess.

Get outta hurrr.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 04:23:15 pm »
Yeah, sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »
Well i am a power archer with 7 power draw and it still takes me sometimes 5 shots to kill someone in anything from medium to heavy armour more than 5 when they are in heavy armour, i think there should be a buff on the damage done by archers. you cannot survive 5 arrows, its ridiculus (unless your borromir ofc).

Stop aiming at tin cans if you have 7 PD, and start shooting at proper targets, leave them to the throwers and 10PD people like me. Tin cans are supposed to be arrow proof.

To be fair, you can have a lot more then 7 arrows in you if you are wearing proper armor. Arrows are not SABOT rounds.

I am an archer, and I think a buff on damage is not needed. An increase in velocity could be nice though (But damage would have to be lowered slightly to compensate for the damage bonus from the speed increase).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:09:53 pm »
i like archery as it is now, i even could imagine some tiny nerf. but just no buff please.

fallen_beau - gaycher lvl 30.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »
Think it's pretty balanced damage-wise now. Neither a buff, nor a nerf, is needed.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »
Restore the arrow speed  :twisted:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »
Playing an archer with PD 6 and Warbow I think the damage is fine. You have to chose the right targets. Wearing heavy armour also needs some advantages for the actually outnumbering downsides of it.
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:58 pm »
Im also 7 Power Draw. And you know What Im happy with the Archery where its at. Now if we are getting into Buffing and Nerfing again. Lets NERF Throwing Shall We? The Throw speed is way off tell me ANYONE who can acctually throw faster then any Archer/Crossbower. There is Added power from a bow or crossbow compared to throwing andin this game the accuracy AND Speed for throwing is way OP'ed compared to Bows and crossbows. http://www.thebeckoning.com/medieval/crossbow/cross_l_v_c.html Check this site out for bows and crossbows. And the only thing I could think of for the fastest possible speed of throwing was MLB. Wich of course has nothing to do with Medieval times andin Baseball they are not getting ran after by a swordsman or cavalry. ANyways thats also just a hardball that is maybe a pound so think the rock when you think throwing. But when the throwers are throwing Lances and 5 Weight axes. and dont get me started on THrowing LANCES. they are ONLY 3 weight so explain to me why a Lance is lighter then an axe? Anyways Archery is Fine. Nerf Throwing. PERIOD  :mrgreen:

for the MLB http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_pitching_speed_in_MLB

LIKE EVERYONE IS SAYING dont add damage ADD SPEED. :evil:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:01:17 pm by Jinxits »
Jinx