Author Topic: Are you people fucking kidding me?  (Read 6784 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Are you people fucking kidding me?
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:26 pm »
+1

Maybe you should try playing real life if you wanna socialize

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-dismissive-arguments-that-you-only-use-when-youre-wrong/
#5. "Get a Life!"

Have you ever realized in the first 10 seconds of a conversation that the person you're talking to is a complete moron? Maybe you're a nice person who politely wraps it up as best you can and then makes fun of them to your friends later. Or maybe you're an asshole who looks them dead in the eyes and says, "Oh. You're one of those. I'm going to stop talking to you now and go set my brain on fire."

That snap judgment is a filtering mechanism, one that saves a ton of time and effort by immediately deciding the person in front of us has nothing to offer. Everybody has that mechanism, and everybody needs it. The problem is that it's really easy to develop a hair trigger on the "Shut the Fuck Up" button. So you hear yourself saying things like ...

#5. "Get a Life!"

How It Manifests:

You're in an online game of Shootface Corpsefucker, and you're just flat-out cleaning house. Some of the players aren't that great, and every time you nail one of them, they let loose with a geyser of homophobic slurs that would make Perez Hilton denounce penis. As the game ends, you notice that the guy with the lowest kills is going off in the chat window. (The following has been translated into human.)

"I can't believe you're calling that a win, using that cheapass shit."

You figure you'll put him in his place, because that always works: "You should stop crying and learn to play the game, pussy."

Surprisingly, he doesn't immediately apologize for his outburst and inappropriate comments. "Fuck you, [homophobic slur]. At least I have a life, you stupid [racial slur]. Of course you're going to win when all you do all day long is sit in your parents' basement, play this game and [graphic homophobic and racial combo insult]."

Before you can finish vomiting and retort with something that will really get him, he logs out and is gone forever.

Why We Do It:

Even in a setting where we're all playing a video game, this is one of the world's great go-to insults: "You're a loser who spends all of your time on frivolous things!" Get into an argument on the Internet and it's "At least I don't spend all day on this stupid message board, like you!" If I'm arguing with someone while shirtless, it's "Go work on your abs some more, Captain Six-Pack! Maybe you should spend a little time READING instead of polishing that clearly visible erection!" Everything I might say is rendered invalid on the premise of "You have no experience, because you clearly spend all of your time on bullshit instead of what's important."

And no, I'm not going to be a hypocrite here -- I still do this. Pull up any of my articles where I'm talking about a teenager having no experience yet and you'll see me doing it on a more subtle level. The rare few hate mails I've responded to have seen it in full force.

It's always wrong, of course. Even my gamer example up there is assuming that skill is directly tied to the amount of time invested. "I've played this game six hours a day since it came out, and I'm able to average 15 kills per game. This guy just got 30 kills, so he must play 12 hours a day. What a loser." And even if that were true, there's the further assumption that the time played was all spent at the cost of a career or meaningful relationship -- that's why they throw in the "you live in your parents' basement" line. Even though I've never actually met a person who lives in their parents' basement and does nothing but play video games.

But of course, the truth isn't important -- it's just a means to dismiss them so you don't have to think about them any more.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 09:17:19 pm »
+3
cracked.com

all i saw was cracked.com and i realised you are a gigantic nerd

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:08 pm »
+1
Tears used to be ok to me until some internet vagina came along and then he put on some white fucking armor bought a long haired wig and mounted his grey mule of bitch hood so yeah when that vagina queefed all over him he was like BAN BAN BAN

Is this the part where I mention that Smoothrich banned you? Yet I'm the white knight? I have a problem with you since you acted like a complete asshat to another Fallen (regardless of gender) just like I have a problem with Serge for griefing me and a few other Fallen (non of whom were female) a few nights ago.

Maybe you should try playing real life if you wanna socialize
Real life is great, hence why I rarely play anymore. Besides, I know 4 other Fallen in real life. *shrugs* Multiplayer games are boring without the socializing aspect, otherwise I'd just play single player and be done with it. No sense in playing with other human beings if I don't interact with them.

you post like that and wonder why people act like "complete asswipes" to you and your clan (that you represent as diplomat ya know?)
Nope, I don't wonder. If someone acts like an asshat, I will call them out on it, oh well. Speaking my mind and yes I will have a few people get all "Oh no you did not just say that! Imma grief you now! That's show that bad person ToD!" No, that is to be expected.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »
+2
all i saw was cracked.com and i realised you are a gigantic nerd

I know you are but what am I

Takes one to know one

My dad can beat up your dad
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »
Tears of Destiny: Prime example of a player who gave up the dream of being a good player and now just polices the game and forums. Still acts like an admin after being removed from being one for sperging out, still sperging out to this day

Yeessssssssssss

Like Huseby's thread, same advice for Becca. It's a badge of honor being muted/banned for any length of time on these shitbox servers.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Swifteye234

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Rainbow Shirelings
  • Game nicks: PRO_Jar_of_Diplomacy
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 09:30:08 pm »
Is this the part where I mention that Smoothrich banned you? Yet I'm the white knight? I have a problem with you since you acted like a complete asshat to another Fallen (regardless of gender) just like I have a problem with Serge for griefing me and a few other Fallen (non of whom were female) a few nights ago.
Real life is great, hence why I rarely play anymore. Besides, I know 4 other Fallen in real life. *shrugs*

No your irc chat was adorable
Lamk: Swift invite me to the Steam Pro Group
Я|Swiftpanda: call me big daddy
Lamk: K
Lamk: ty Big Daddy :P

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 09:41:01 pm »
+1

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 09:42:56 pm »
+1

My face everytime I open the forum lately. (minus the asian part)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »
Make me an Admin and i'll take care of every single one of these heathens!

Offline kevdix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Kevin_The_D
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2012, 10:12:49 pm »
+1
I don't think i'm acting like an Admin, instead I think I'm currently acting like a ticked off player because I can now name ten CHAOS that have been acting like complete asswipes towards me or other Fallen for the past few days in server and I have no idea where this new kind of bullshit is coming from besides the response "Oh we are looking into it."

Really ten? I've been banned once for 24 hrs in crpg. You want to know why? A fallen (cedrik) broke from the group and blatantly tk'd my horse, killing it. Upon standing I swiftly tk'd him (wrong on my part, yes), but he swiftly went and posted a ban request. Maybe you should police your own members who obviously bait people to get a rise only to request a ban after. And ask around fallen, I've never done anything malicious to any of you to warrant that response, before or since that incident.

I'm not defending anyone or myself here, but really think about this; is someone who baits someone only to post a ban request so that physical action is taken upon ones account, or the person who responded in the haste of the moment, the malicious and ultimately deviant actor?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:24:51 pm by kevdix »

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2012, 10:30:21 pm »
+3
Don't kid yourself about the rocks.  That might sound good to everybody else but you and I both know better.  The rules are the rules.  If you can't follow them then get outa here.  Here is a novel concept though...  Stop doing things worthy of banning rather then shrouding me in veil of your own inadequicies.
Bitch please, you lost everyones multiplier last night because you ran away from an 8v1 until they couldn't find you anymore and made it draw instead of just dying or going spectator. Don't call down the rules on someone else when you don't follow them yourself.
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 10:47:01 pm »
bitch please you must have a mental disease, assume the position and get back down on ya knees
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline clown1231

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • It's all about having fun.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca (TKoV)
  • Game nicks: BardicPaladin
  • IRC nick: clown1231
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:31 pm »
So we're banning peasants for leeching now?

On a serious note, I think every single ban request should be a serious one, with more effort put into the post than what Rainbow did.

Also, the community here makes me want to punch a kitten.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2012, 03:05:15 am »
This can't be true, Digglez is #1 NA Cav and he is a respected poster of ban requests!

#1 NA 1h cav, get it right retard

Yep I'm also like the Rudy Giuliani of ban requests, I put bad people away

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:35 am »
+2
*nods*  My dad would say something along the lines of "who is the common denominator"

"My dad would say"  I knew you sounded like a little snot nosed, snitching kid.