Author Topic: The Leeching Rule on the NA servers  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Leeching Rule on the NA servers
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 09:08:22 pm »
All that I am going to say is that server admins need to come together and decide on what is leeching.  Last night I was kicked in the last 3 secs of a round because me and my last teammate up ran to where the flag would popped, when it was popped and we had it fully raised.  Now it must be stated this happened on fieldmap 2 and our side of them had the advantage espically since I had a horse.  This map is the one where it spawn in the back of a spawn at the top of a huge hill.  But the point is that I have been told in the ATS vent that playing the flag is viable gamming strategy. 

But when it came down to it's apperantly not.  There was no reason I shoulda been kicked for defending the flag I had raised when it was already all the way up and 3 secs left in the game.  Why should I lose my 5x just because I was playing the flag?

Anyway my point of this is yall need together and decide what is delaying and leeching and get some real rules for it.  So people aren't just kicked so the other team can win.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 09:22:55 pm »
If that's all there is, that is strange. I've never seen anyone kicked or warned about playing the flag. Hell, everyone in dead chat always screams to people to go for the flag instead of trying to find the last guy.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 10:54:56 pm »
If that's all there is, that is strange. I've never seen anyone kicked or warned about playing the flag. Hell, everyone in dead chat always screams to people to go for the flag instead of trying to find the last guy.

Well it wasn't a situation of a guy hiding it was more like they turtle up really hard.  Another teammate and I both typed go for flag when we realized no one had died in 30 secs and there was 5 of them still turtled up and 2 of us.  So me being on a horses got to the flag spawn area 10 after it popped.  The other team had 2 guys get to the area but not near enough to bring flag down about 20 secs left.  My teammate died to ranged as I started to engage on horse.  At this point our flag was fully raised.  Once I realized my teamate was dead and flag was falling down I turned back, dismounted, with 3 secs left on the clock then I was kicked.

We know the admin and asked him to join us in vent.  He did and we talked about it.  The piont I am still trying to make is LEADERSHIP/ADMINS need to come together and really define what is and what is not leeching/delaying a round.

As for myself all I care about is winning.  If a map is so unbalanced as to always support one side or another depending on how they play.  You better people are going to play that way because this game is about winning.  If you want skill/glory go to duel or even siege and join the spam fest.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:41 pm »
I agree with most everything said.  We should kick obvious leachers (naked, etc) after a warning.  Be lenient with the warnings though, because new players might not know the rules.  I'm fairly new myself, and it took me a while to discover how to even earn gold...and then longer to learn was "leaching" was and that it was bad.

Also, please be lenient with AFKers.  Game time can often be interrupted by significant others for 5 mins or so here and there.  "Honey do this, what do you think of that," ect.  Sucks if you have to lose a 5x because you had to go get some items off the top shelf for her for a couple mins.   :|

Offline Taggerung

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »
I agree with most everything said.  We should kick obvious leachers (naked, etc) after a warning.  Be lenient with the warnings though, because new players might not know the rules.  I'm fairly new myself, and it took me a while to discover how to even earn gold...and then longer to learn was "leaching" was and that it was bad.

Also, please be lenient with AFKers.  Game time can often be interrupted by significant others for 5 mins or so here and there.  "Honey do this, what do you think of that," ect.  Sucks if you have to lose a 5x because you had to go get some items off the top shelf for her for a couple mins.   :|

+1

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 09:09:56 pm »

You don't lose your multiplier by going spectator. It comes back if you win the next round when you rejoin.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Tenzek

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »
Spawning with 4 ladders in strategus is your call - but for the siege server, if you plan on spawning with 4 ladders, make sure you find a weapon on the ground quickly - once again, the admin who cycles through the players might not see the player put down 4 ladders, but rather just running around with no weapon.

In the case of the guy with 4 ladders mentioned earlier, the siege ramp was bugged. It was the main way into the castle, and there was nothing the attackers could really do about it. He wouldn't change the map despite the game breaking bug preventing the attackers from having any real chance. He also threatened to kick people who tried to use ladders to compensate.

In general your statement may be correct, but if there was ever a blatantly obvious exception to the rule, this is it. He should have changed to map, but if he wouldn't do that he should not have threatened to kick those of us doing the only possible thing we could have done to get into the castle.