Author Topic: [Ver 2.8] Arked-Draggon Alternate Clan Banner Pack  (Read 23278 times)

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
Re: [Ver 2.8] Arked-Draggon Alternate Clan Banner Pack
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2012, 02:05:36 am »
Banzai, both you and Casimir are correct in a couple of regards.  I've actually been kinda waiting on a response from Hospitallers on this so I'm glad you chimed in.

The scripts.txt actually does color the back of the black&white Hospitaller heraldics as the same white to match the cross.  I can very easily go back and try to make the backs black again, however there are several problems with this.
When I did it before, the almost 'velvet' appearance of the front threw the colors off and there's no way to actually match that on the back.  I tried several shades of black, off-black, grey - all sampled from from the front mesh of shades.  None of them worked and tbh, looked rather shitty.

There's really only one way to fix this, and that's for you to allow me to re-shade the front to where it reduces or totally gets rid of the 'shine' effect that can't be reproduced on the back.
Or, the other option is that I can match it as close as I can and we can just roll with it.

Now as far as the fuzziness... unfortunately there's nothing that can be done for that.  It's a Warband issue with the Heraldic with Surcoat.  What happens is that the graphic gets spread over a larger area, depixelating the image.  With the other Heraldics though it's not an issue since the 'canvas' is almost half the size.  The images come out a lot sharper.

Lastly, like Casimir mentioned, to change the emblem positioning on the Heraldics, you have to download and install the file he listed in his post.  That will put the emblems on the chest of heraldics.
Otherwise, in order for Clan's emblem to show up correctly in the circle above their head, it has to be in a certain position in the banner.dds.  Unfortunately that defaults the emblem to be right along the belt line of heraldics, unless a mod like the one above is installed to correct it.

Offline Banzai!!!

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackFist_Robin_Longstride
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2012, 02:55:01 am »
(click to show/hide)
Hmm so looking at the Hospitaller Banner is all this white shading at the top there thats mixed with black this shine effect?

I ask because this is what I hate about it the most personally I would get rid of this and simply just have it as black and white cross just like what's been done with the Templars banner where there is no horrible shine its simply just a white and red cross.

I simply ask you make it something like this where its just a black/grey coat and a white cross, Something that looks epic but simple too and doesn't have the horrible white shiny effect mixed witht he black:

(click to show/hide)

Also reason Im being persistent about this particular banner is cause I like to roleplay in CRPG and thought it be really cool if I could ride round looking like one of these hospitallers  :D

But also thanks Casimir for directing me to the sub mod. I installed it and its great I really don't think I would have known about it unless you had mentioned it lolz  :D

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:56 am »
Goddamn. Cant there be a file that makes the AHB (AboveHeadBanners) and the Shielddrawings be taken from the chest of the Char? That Way I could make banners that do not look like bellybuttonpiercings.

And before somebody says something: No, I will not download that strange russian file that make something weird with my heraldic-armour! :O
(no offense against russians intended. I just dont trust them when it comes to my files/my pc. Some bad things happened in my past regarding a russian and my first PC. Dont wanna talk about it. -.-)
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:05 am »
(click to show/hide)
Hmm so looking at the Hospitaller Banner is all this white shading at the top there thats mixed with black this shine effect?

I ask because this is what I hate about it the most personally I would get rid of this and simply just have it as black and white cross just like what's been done with the Templars banner where there is no horrible shine its simply just a white and red cross.

I simply ask you make it something like this where its just a black/grey coat and a white cross, Something that looks epic but simple too and doesn't have the horrible white shiny effect mixed witht he black:

(click to show/hide)

Also reason Im being persistent about this particular banner is cause I like to roleplay in CRPG and thought it be really cool if I could ride round looking like one of these hospitallers  :D

But also thanks Casimir for directing me to the sub mod. I installed it and its great I really don't think I would have known about it unless you had mentioned it lolz  :D

Banzai I wouldn't mind doing this at all.  Would be no problem to remove the shine.  Just so you understand it's not going to be a flat black, i.e. #000000.  It looks cartoonish in-game and doesn't look real at all.  Have to have some greyish in there to resemble folds in cloth, etc.  Then of course I'll match it on the back.
I can even throw some blood spatter on it if you like, from that 2nd pic you provided.

Niemand I have a solution for the AHB/shield/chest banners that doesn't involve downloading anything extra, but it's getting late so I'll fill you in tomorrow.
Time to hit the rack.

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »
M&B Nexus Mods link is back up as well.

Offline Truvor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ynnot
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »
why no deserter banner in bannerpack?  :(

Offline Made in China

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • A humble servant.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2012, 01:14:21 am »
I don't know if our banner can be accepted. But if we are:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2012, 04:26:12 pm »
why no deserter banner in bannerpack?  :(

I must've missed that one when I was working on the c.dds file. =/  But looking at your banner I think we can make it work, if I have your permission to desaturate the red a little (it's very bright), and reduce the thick outlining some.  Overall it has a very copy/pasted factory look to it atm.  If you let me "cloth" it up a bit, I'll add it to the next release.

I don't know if our banner can be accepted. But if we are:

Nice banner.  There is 'something' that kinda bugs me about it (from a medieval cloth standpoint), but can't put my finger on it yet.  Maybe it's the black edging around the letters, I dunno.  Colors are good though, nothing too shiny or outrageous.  Good medieval art form.  I'll keep at it, see what I can come up with and see if we can get in the next update.

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 11:14:09 pm »
I didn't know about your banner pack, that's awesome! I'm tired of those shitty banner in Overdriven's pack. Now I will use yours. Can you add the new Occitan banner ? Ask Overdriven for it. Thx :)

PS: He changed the back color for heraldic so make sure he gives you the codes and stuff.

Poor Overdriven, he catches so much flack for the crappy banners people make.  Not his fault, he's just giving clans what they want.
But yes, I'll add your new banner to the next update.  Gonna kinda miss your old one. =/  I liked it.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:02 pm »
He could just have the strength to say no and retain some authenticity in his efforts. I'm sure all appreciate his willingness to do it, but if you serve shit your own stuff becomes shit as well.

The 'lame' banners should have their own pack, but interestingly enough no one is willing to handle that. Gee, wonder why? Because those who use these banners aren't doing it to "have fun" or to be "identified" they're doing it to get a reaction from other players, to be provocative or troll, hence if they had their own pack no one would care, not even themselves, how long did that one attempt at creating a alternative pack for lame banners go? Yeah it died out fast.

If who ever at any time is doing the Standard Pack would just deny the idiocy, everyone would be much better off.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:11 am »
Yah Q-Tips... thats why I always say something about banners that look shitty or unreal. Will not stop that. Evar. :O
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)

Offline Truvor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ynnot
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »
I must've missed that one when I was working on the c.dds file. =/  But looking at your banner I think we can make it work, if I have your permission to desaturate the red a little (it's very bright), and reduce the thick outlining some.  Overall it has a very copy/pasted factory look to it atm.  If you let me "cloth" it up a bit, I'll add it to the next release.

It will be cool if u modify our banner and add it to the next release!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2012, 11:48:29 pm »
Google drive link doesnt work.
Norse Horde still not listed in 'used banners slots'

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2012, 09:00:29 am »
Stay Calm. He hasnt done anything for some days now. Maybe hes busy or lazy or just annoyed by the new patches at the moment. :D

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2012, 08:38:14 am »
Yeah Niemand pretty much hit it on the head.  Waiting to see how this is all gonna play out once they get done patching every day.  Right now the exclusive banners from c-rpg.net override the custom banner packs.  Think I have a way around that, but until the patches stop you'd have to re-copy/paste your banner pack & script.txt every day.

I did add Norse Horde to the 'Used Banner Slot' list though.