Author Topic: Is this bannable?  (Read 12346 times)

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
Re: Is this bannable?
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:01 am »
people think they are protected and able to lose all pretence of civility when in an online environment, as if all social norms and regulatory behaviour is thrown out the window, and to an extent that is true, in that as long as we protect our anonymity

It's true in a different way than that, though.  There are times for civility and discussion, like in this thread now, and there are times when shit-talking is warranted, expected, and even encouraged.

I know you have to agree...this is the same Smoothrich who talks shit for several minutes straight through two battle raps!

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2012, 08:19:39 am »
+4
Such witty arguments and retorts, but let's say Rainbow killed himself and his mother decided it was over the harassment by various individuals playing this game and belonging to these forums...
[/url]

Natural selection. And I'm not even trying to be funny.

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2012, 09:46:18 am »
Natural selection. And I'm not even trying to be funny.

+1

Anybody who would harm themselves over a comment some anon said in a video game chat box is completely retarded and the human race would be much better off without them. Words are just words. Grow up.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2012, 11:30:15 am »
People have no balls anymore, they'll whine about anything or anyone.

Naughty words in a videogame should be easy to ignore.
(click to show/hide)

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:12 pm »
tbh i don't really care about the word itself, mostly i just think people who can't keep themselves from screaming bundle of sticks on reflex every time they die should be on xbox live, not crpg
FREE ALLERS

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2012, 01:12:22 pm »
You can't expect the world to be a sterile environment - it never was one, isn't one now and shouldn't ever be such. Attempting to live in a sterile environment is unhealthy, it weakens your resistance. If anything, the world should be less sterile.

The amount of "dirt" has to be limited, but never eliminated. If what you get in cRPG is too much for you - get tougher, it'll only benefit you. my old friend.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »
Lol, NA admins are my old friends.

Offline Kalanar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:04 pm »
I equate the word with the "N" word and all that. It's all good fun when the words don't apply to you, or you've never been called it to your face. But this has nothing to do with "growing balls" or having a thick skin, it's just common decency.

There is no defense of using these words in a public context. There is only a misconception that somehow they're funny because they're offensive. It reminds me of when I was 13 and didn't know what these words really meant.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »
+1
babbys itt

Nope. The courts have already ruled that the forum owner and moderators are not liable, just the content creators. We don't have to do anything. My point to the kids is that they are responsible for their actions, and as much as they would like to say "LOL, get a thick skin!" or "Natural Selection!" it won't be so funny should something go down.

This isn't about saying bundle of sticks, and the OP already said that. It is about turning it into a personal vendetta and attack. And yes, we have already had players tracking people down and using real life information to troll and harass them.

Joke all you want, but you start fucking with people's real life and you deserve every bit of shitstorm that comes at you.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2012, 06:06:38 pm »
+2
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” -Mark Twain

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »
This isn't about saying bundle of sticks, and the OP already said that. It is about turning it into a personal vendetta and attack. And yes, we have already had players tracking people down and using real life information to troll and harass them.

Joke all you want, but you start fucking with people's real life and you deserve every bit of shitstorm that comes at you.
1+!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:03 pm »
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” -Mark Twain

Just let it die. I don't think you need to be all up in people's faces about it either, just like I don't appreciate christians being all up in my face about their issues. You can be gay, you can be christian. The rest of us don't give a fuck and wish you would keep it to yourselves.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »
Just let it die. I don't think you need to be all up in people's faces about it either, just like I don't appreciate christians being all up in my face about their issues. You can be gay, you can be christian. The rest of us don't give a fuck and wish you would keep it to yourselves.

I'll be sure to pass that forward every time somebody mentions anything about there girlfriend or who they are sleeping with or how hot Pamela Anderson is.  I don't talk about this in vent nor do I talk about it in game.  I made a post to see what I could get away with using the "i" chat.  You chose to read this thread and now you are upset it has been "thrown in your face".  Lol.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2012, 07:14:00 pm »
I know racism is a strict no-no; however, i'm curious if calling me a "my old friend" is a bannable offense.  I've had multiple people go on and on about me being a my old friend and i've never really paid it any mind.  If I start screen shotting these things is it a waste of time or will there be consequences?  I'm always chill in games and know I don't deserve any of that silliness.  Let me know.

There's this quick easy fix for this, it's called use the mute button and stop QQing.

Seriously if you're actually getting upset over what people are calling you in a game then you have some serious issues, your life must suck.

As I said though, quick fix to this is stop being stupid and lazy and just use your handy little mute option on these persons.

K thanks
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:19:40 pm by Adrian »

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2012, 08:05:18 pm »
+1
I'll be sure to pass that forward every time somebody mentions anything about there girlfriend or who they are sleeping with or how hot Pamela Anderson is.  I don't talk about this in vent nor do I talk about it in game.  I made a post to see what I could get away with using the "i" chat.  You chose to read this thread and now you are upset it has been "thrown in your face".  Lol.
O so high and mighty of you!

You can't expect the world to be a sterile environment - it never was one, isn't one now and shouldn't ever be such. Attempting to live in a sterile environment is unhealthy, it weakens your resistance. If anything, the world should be less sterile.

The amount of "dirt" has to be limited, but never eliminated. If what you get in cRPG is too much for you - get tougher, it'll only benefit you. my old friend.
+1

Anybody who would harm themselves over a comment some anon said in a video game chat box is completely retarded and the human race would be much better off without them. Words are just words. Grow up.
Both too true. There's a mute button if you're so pathetically insecure that you let random people from the internet affect you with their opinions.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE