Author Topic: So are we allowed to make kick polls for delayers/people playing their class or?  (Read 3130 times)

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
Problem is every other time the trolls are NOT on, you get pollspam from people harassing each other etc.

But anyway, Malaclypse is right, once the Master of the Field is modified, I'm sure it'll be fine

if these people are harassing and stuff then they deserve to get kicked, its unreasonable to leave polls off with no admins in the server

I wonder if there could be a way to automatically turn polls on if no admins are in the server
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
I hate HX/HA, it's for single player. Played well it is all about avoidance (of danger, harm, anything scary).

However it's in the game, so there is no way I am pressing 1 on a poll, no matter how much I think said player is a sissy.

You guys remember Strelets?

This is not a new phenomenon (phe- nom nom nom).
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
I was under the impression when I first started playing that MOTF happened within the last minute or two and the flags spawned in a random location. I was sorely disappointed when I found out the real conditions for how it happened.

I also always press "2" because you're all a bunch of big babies.
And how!

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
if these people are harassing and stuff then they deserve to get kicked, its unreasonable to leave polls off with no admins in the server

I wonder if there could be a way to automatically turn polls on if no admins are in the server

Again, the issue is that people aren't able to discern between people using polls to troll, and the people who are legitimately polling against said trolls.

I don't know about other admins, but I usually turn polls on just before I leave regardless of the others, simply because most of the time we forget to turn them on. We're only human.

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
key word engaging Dex. If there is ranged left on the non HX/HA team it is engaging. when there is no ranged to combat it its delaying.
Just because the melee are all big downies and run around in the open rather than finding something that could cause Sod/Dick to potentially run into, doesn't mean he's delaying by staying out of range of your sword.

By your logic, S Key heros with Glaives all need to be banned because they're staying out of range of my longsword and playing to their strength rather than coming into where my faster weapon can be an advantage to me.

If there's someone with a shield, they bump shoot them and if there's a bunch of pole/2h milling around, they don't ride into it unless they get an opportunity. You're not faulting the infantry that run and climb up a ladder in the last 30 seconds; you're just blaming the HX because you dislike them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:39:23 pm by Kivlov »
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The issue is HX never run out of bolts.  Takes FOREVER for them to run out. HA is fine IMO because they will run out pretty quickly if they are firing non-stop.  If you spawn with a horse and xbow / bolts you get a % of the normal bolts you would get if you don't spawn with a horse.  Limit there ammo and the delay of games will stop.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
The issue is HX never run out of bolts.  Takes FOREVER for them to run out. HA is fine IMO because they will run out pretty quickly if they are firing non-stop.  If you spawn with a horse and xbow / bolts you get a % of the normal bolts you would get if you don't spawn with a horse.  Limit there ammo and the delay of games will stop.

I carry only 24 bolts on my HX because I bring a melee weapon, and if the map is good I will have burned through all of them in 2-3 minutes. Limiting the amount of ammo that a HX can carry will not change the length of time that they ride for, it will just cause them to spend more time making each shot count for more.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Just because the melee are all big downies and run around in the open rather than finding something that could cause Sod/Dick to potentially run into, doesn't mean he's delaying by staying out of range of your sword.

The problem is that you know, you can always expect a few downies at the end. Let's say it's 1 v 10, 2 minutes on the clock. It's not very likely that a all 10 are together. It's not especially likely that you can rally all ten together and get them to hide somewhere to draw out flags or coordinate to take down a HX. All it takes is one person to die before a minute passes to extend MOTF spawning again. One person to be vulnerable, not listen, make a mistake, etc.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Even though I'm not a fan of HX, they shouldn't be kicked for playing their class. Just fix MOTF, problem solved.

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The problem is that you know, you can always expect a few downies at the end. Let's say it's 1 v 10, 2 minutes on the clock. It's not very likely that a all 10 are together. It's not especially likely that you can rally all ten together and get them to hide somewhere to draw out flags or coordinate to take down a HX. All it takes is one person to die before a minute passes to extend MOTF spawning again. One person to be vulnerable, not listen, make a mistake, etc.
Very true. As much as I dislike waiting, if the HX has a chance to win, he should be allowed that chance to play and get his team a multi.
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
After playing HX a bit and starting to get a feel for the class... My opinion has not changed.

Play your class until it becomes a burden upon the rest of the team.  5v1 sure go for it, but with >5 people and shields you have almost no chance unless your name is roh, you simply cannot do enough damage and your not gonna break those shields.  Stop wasting everyone's time and just get off the horse and engage in melee.  After about 140 wpf theres no need for more xbow prof so throw 70 prof into a melee weapon and take one with you.  (same also goes for the dedicated bowmen and xbowmen that dont take a melee weapon... stop running and just fight)

As for you noobie, everyone is tired of your shit because you can actually affect the battle if you try.  You have the potential to win the round for your team if you just help them, rather than let them get slaughtered while you valor farm somewhere off in the back.  Just get in there and fight with the rest of your team and stop pretending your doing anything but trolling.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:24:18 pm by Ganner »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Yet here I stand naked in a corner with a siegeshield and all the hatred gets thrown at me for not carrying my team/valor farming/leeching. These Xbow/HA can get away with pretty much anything because it is a class meant for delaying and using your resources wisely (Horse). I say let the server decide on their fate (No vote bans but just kicks)

You do realize that is against the rules? No, of course not, hence why you keep doing it for months on end (two months now) despite innumerable warnings and a few bans...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
You do realize that is against the rules? No, of course not, hence why you keep doing it for months on end (two months now) despite innumerable warnings and a few bans...
So what rule is that breaking exactly?
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
- Fixing MOTF would fix all these issues.
- I vote for kicking delayers no matter the team I'm on, and no matter my multi. I want to play.
- Some classes delay much more than others. HA/HX are the first, natural delayers because of all the classes, they have the highest chances of surviving the round despite their team losing. Archers and xbowmen come second because they can camp spots that are very hard to attack for the whole round. Then comes melee cav, when they actually survive, which is quite rare when their team dies. And finally melee of all kind, because they are not able to inflict damage while camping, and lack the mobility of cav.

In the end, whether someone is delaying or not is usually related to how are the odds and what is the player doing.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Stop wasting everyone's time and just get off the horse and engage in melee.  After about 140 wpf theres no need for more xbow prof so throw 70 prof into a melee weapon and take one with you.  (same also goes for the dedicated bowmen and xbowmen that dont take a melee weapon... stop running and just fight)

The HX already has a melee weapon. It's called a horse. When you are last, use your melee weapon to bumpshot people to death. Don't keep circling. If you can't bumpshot (or shotbump) properly to prevent them from piking your horse, you suck and deserve to go flying onto your face and die when you can't reload or run anymore. You shouldn't be circling anyhow you ineffective fucks. Learn to charge for speed bonus  :rolleyes:

I like these discussion though. Eventually 75% of us will be on the same page.

and fix MOTF!  :mad:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln