Author Topic: So are we allowed to make kick polls for delayers/people playing their class or?  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Never said they could not block I am saying the tactic is meant for that. I do not mind the HX or HA playing and doing their thing. but when it comes to an army vrs them.. Stop delaying and make a stand.

I agree.  When there are more than 10 people alive and I am last, I get off of my horse.  If there are under 10 and I have over 20 bolts, I fight and try to win.  Am I riding a football field away shooting blinding trying to avoid dying?  According to many posts, thats all we are doing... delaying.  In reality, I am within 20 ft of players, easily within shoot range of decent players (they frequently kill my horse/me).  yet still, people bitch.  I also haven't once caused the round to draw.  I am usually dead before there are 2 minutes left.  Is it so terrible that the entire round took  total of 4 minutes?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
The only time people should moan about it is if the round does reach a draw. If you are outnumbered and it's getting close then you should die.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
disagree when it is a forgone conclusion it should be done. why waste out 2-4 minutes because being an ass makes you forget your parents never loved you.
Leader of BS

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The only time people should moan about it is if the round does reach a draw. If you are outnumbered and it's getting close then you should die.

Hah. This is NA man.  People stamp their feet and throw tantrums if they don't get their way.  They play poorly or get unlucky and die within the first minute and foam at the mouth at the thought of having to wait 3 or 4 minutes to respawn.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
disagree when it is a forgone conclusion it should be done. why waste out 2-4 minutes because being an ass makes you forget your parents never loved you.

There have been times when me and another GK have been the last on our team and we've wiped out 10 players. Albeit it's rare but it's often doable. Unless it's close to a draw there's no reason to stop playing. If there are more than say 10 guys then it's embaressing for them if they can't even take down your horse.

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Then go about it the correct way and try and get admins to institute a new rule in regards to being one of the last few alive.  "If you are the last person alive and there are more than 5 people on the other team, you must run in and suicide!"  There you go.  Theres a rule you can try and get added.  Make it apply to all classes though.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Hah. This is NA man.  People stamp their feet and throw tantrums if they don't get their way.  They play poorly or get unlucky and die within the first minute and foam at the mouth at the thought of having to wait 3 or 4 minutes to respawn.

Well we did invent the microwave  :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Speaking not as an admin, but just another fighter;

You guys are idiots, stop trying to bend the rules and "interpret" them to your liking or fitting. You know in what the spirit of sportsmanship these rules were implemented for.

If you're being a total douchefuck about it, it breaks Universal Rule #1: Don't be a jerkoff.

So yes, if someone is intentionally delaying, by all means, vote for it. If it's a HC fighting off a horde of people; fine, let him play. It's literally 2 minutes of your life. Shut the fuck up and read a book or surf the internet. You wouldn't vote on a 2h fighter engaging a horde, even if he's not doing much.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
Yet here I stand naked in a corner with a siegeshield and all the hatred gets thrown at me for not carrying my team/valor farming/leeching. These Xbow/HA can get away with pretty much anything because it is a class meant for delaying and using your resources wisely (Horse). I say let the server decide on their fate (No vote bans but just kicks)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
You wouldn't vote on a 2h fighter engaging a horde, even if he's not doing much.

key word engaging Dex. If there is ranged left on the non HX/HA team it is engaging. when there is no ranged to combat it its delaying.
Leader of BS

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 758
  • Infamy: 2779
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
New Idlewild thread :D

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
My largest problem is that admins warn someone. Then two rounds later they warn them again. Another two rounds later they warn them again, this time saying its the last time. The admin leaves (and forgets to turn polls on). Several rounds later another admin comes in and starts the warning process with the person again.... and it continues with no punishment.

Admins should at least have a Google docs list of people that got warned:when:why that they use. You shouldn't be able to get away with multiple warnings in less than an hour. If they already have something like this set up then they should actually use it.

Offline Kyza

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Turn polls on and let the community interpret the rules.  The one time polls were enabled, ss and friends were instantly vote kicked.  If that doesn't single out the fact that there is a problem with them trolling, or the interpretation of rules, what will.

Immediately after getting kicked, admins came onboard and disabled polls, and the trolling disappeared as there was a lot of noise in the system. 

People clean up their act if they know their douchebaggery is just going to get them booted out by the majority.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:45:44 pm by Kyza »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Fix MOTF, issue solved.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Turn polls on and let the community interpret the rules.  The one time polls were enabled, ss and friends were instantly vote kicked.  If that doesn't single out the fact that there is a problem with them trolling, or the interpretation of rules, what will.

Immediately after getting kicked, admins came onboard and disabled polls, and the trolling disappeared as there was a lot of noise in the system. 

People clean up their act if they know their douchebaggery is just going to get them booted out by the majority.

Problem is every other time the trolls are NOT on, you get pollspam from people harassing each other etc.

But anyway, Malaclypse is right, once the Master of the Field is modified, I'm sure it'll be fine