Author Topic: Gold is worhtless  (Read 13373 times)

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
Re: Gold is worhtless
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:21 am »
its called inflation... its a natural part of all markets. if you want to avoid it put your money into items

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2012, 02:41:36 am »
I think this is at least partly due to more people not retiring.

Uber characters, especially if several from 1 clan, will win more, get higher multi, get more cash and not retire. Therefore less loom points but more gold. Hence - inflation.

Once I've got a mw morningstar I wont retire again, variety would come from alts.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2012, 03:01:33 am »
We are reaching a point now where people who sell loom points and +3 items are now so fabulously rich they have broken the upkeep system. +3 items are going for a million and a half now. Loom points are selling for nearly three quarters of a million. No surprise then, that tin cans are coming back and last night on EU1 we even saw a "The Finn" style plated charger bumper in heavy armour.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2012, 03:29:19 am »
+1
Just like the real world, gold is worth what people are willing to exchange for it. No more, no less.

Nothing needs fixing.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2012, 08:13:19 am »
Really, this.

This is the only thing I think is flawed with the marketplace. When items are buffed/nerfed, people don't get the same price for these before and after the balance changes. They get the estimated values, taking the current stats into account. Which means if the balance team decides item A has to be nerfed, and this item looses 50k of it's "real" value in the process, then the players that have that item effectively lost 50k, because even if they sell the item, they sell it for 50k less than what they could before the nerf.
agreed.

It would be wrong in my eyes if there would be still the perception of devs that they solved the problem of "nerfs of gear and the users not wanting them anymore", by the former introduction of the marketplace system.
I just don't give away the stuff which was nerved now, in the hope that at some point it gets a little more love again, before i get less for something i invested a shitload of time to get it and then the fu finger of a nerf. (to make my whining complete, me the game abuser and imba gear user has had that on more then 7 items sofar, practicly everything i ever used was nerved at some point hrhr, and the marketsystem didn't help at all in the cases where the nerf happened and the marketsystem was already here)
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 08:22:17 am »
If your gold is so worthless why not give it to me? At least then it will be worthwhile.

See what I did there?
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2012, 09:17:10 am »
agreed.

It would be wrong in my eyes if there would be still the perception of devs that they solved the problem of "nerfs of gear and the users not wanting them anymore", by the former introduction of the marketplace system.
I just don't give away the stuff which was nerved now, in the hope that at some point it gets a little more love again, before i get less for something i invested a shitload of time to get it and then the fu finger of a nerf. (to make my whining complete, me the game abuser and imba gear user has had that on more then 7 items sofar, practicly everything i ever used was nerved at some point hrhr, and the marketsystem didn't help at all in the cases where the nerf happened and the marketsystem was already here)

Don't tell me you are still keeping MW Side Sword.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2012, 12:28:25 pm »

Don't tell me you are still keeping MW Side Sword.

Lulz...

My way of fighting that when it happens is trying to keep playing the stuff I like playing with, but sometimes the nerfs just go too far, like making the nerfed item inferior to an untouched, similar item in every possible stat. I also try to keep away from the EZ mode / too popular items with my main character because those are the ones that get nerfed with the highest degree of certitude. With alts, it's another story.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »
I try to play with items few people use as much as possible.

Helps to avoid nerfs, unless it's a blanket nerf.

And besides that, 1 or 2 points less in damage on an item isn't going to make you a worse player. Only in rare cases it will make a difference in the amount of times you need to hit someone before you kill them.
Get the items you like, play with them for fun instead of trying to min-max and profit!

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
I try to play with items few people use as much as possible.

Helps to avoid nerfs, unless it's a blanket nerf.

And besides that, 1 or 2 points less in damage on an item isn't going to make you a worse player. Only in rare cases it will make a difference in the amount of times you need to hit someone before you kill them.
Get the items you like, play with them for fun instead of trying to min-max and profit!
This is what i usualy do right now aswel , and if you're items gets nerfed it means it was TO strong and had to made EQUAL to other weapons of it's value.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
i got 18+/- 2 heirlooms

And i only sell 1(+1 of my choice randomly) when i wanna play market speculator(or in otherwords, i buy cheap and resell ;p)
Never sell my own looms those, cause i'm selfish. Looms >gold, especially when my goal is to have every item in my inventory a +3, all 120 of them. It's going to take awhile....

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »
its called inflation... its a natural part of all markets. if you want to avoid it put your money into items

Actualy, its DEVALUATION: the crpg gold is worth less, not the looms more.

Also, much stupidy in this thread: items of equal shop value are NOT equal ingame. The prices are fairly random between weapon types, IE a fairly equal potency weapon from one class is not the same price as another class.

Ultimatly, the ONLY way to stabilize the market, if it was so wished, is to make upkeep an actual factor, not just a joke. Currently if you cannot use what you want whenever you want, you arent doing it right.
I don't know enough

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2012, 12:04:54 am »
Ultimatly, the ONLY way to stabilize the market, if it was so wished, is to make upkeep an actual factor, not just a joke. Currently if you cannot use what you want whenever you want, you arent doing it right.

...and all that will do is fuck over the small guys.

Think about how much gold you need to repair equipment for a long time... 100-150k will last you a LOOOONNG time and frankly as long as I don't go crazy I could survive with 30k in the bank as long as I watch it.

In the meantime, you need over a million gold to buy a single +3 loom. 

The only way to effect that is to make gold almost impossible to gain, which - you guessed it - screws over new players way more than the established ones.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2012, 12:13:41 am »
Tax the 1%! Don't make the game more expensive across the board, that will just harm the average/poor player. The people who need the expensive stuff the most or the save money are the newbs and poor people

How about adding storage cost? Add gold sinks based on overall wealth or add vanity items?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:15:11 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28:31 am »
...and all that will do is fuck over the small guys.

Think about how much gold you need to repair equipment for a long time... 100-150k will last you a LOOOONNG time and frankly as long as I don't go crazy I could survive with 30k in the bank as long as I watch it.

In the meantime, you need over a million gold to buy a single +3 loom. 

The only way to effect that is to make gold almost impossible to gain, which - you guessed it - screws over new players way more than the established ones.
That 100k will only last a mediumish infantry a long time. Cav need more, heavy plate needs more, heavy cav needs exceedingly more. The people that have tons of gold are playing low upkeep builds.
HATS CLAN
meow