Author Topic: Reintroduce PENALITIES for TK's  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Reintroduce PENALITIES for TK's
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:28 pm »
Before you read this post please try and understand that I TK and wound as much anyone does, on accident.  Also reflective damage is stupid and should not be considered an option.  I have been gone a long while,  4 1/2 months.  When I came back I noticed not only the little skill most people have, as opposed to what I remember, but also the retardly high amount of FF and TK's.  The way that I heard it from most people I talked to in game and in four different clans vents was that the penalty was removed b/c of the whole repair cost be implemented.  The fact that you get ticks of gold and xp no matter if you die in 20 secs or 4 min 20 secs.  Also if this was ever to come back they would have to bring back a bonus for getting kills.  Which I think should be 25 gold and small ammount of XP as well.  I do not understand such logic the end result it is people not caring about tk's or team wounds and the game going to shit imo.

So here it was I suggest.  We need the penalty back!  If I could have my way i would say it needs to be on battle and siege.  Seeing as how people on Siege are generally more spamming and worse players though I would be fine with it just being on battle.

The penalty would have to be a gold subtraction.  Some of use are gen 30 and XP is just too easy for those to even feel like a penalty.  The gold rate however, is steady for all players unless you have a multiplier or course.

Ideally what i would like to see on battle servers is a 1/2 gold loss rounded down per hp point of dmg done to a teammate.  I really like this idea the best because sometimes you tk a guy that has 1-10 hp with a horse bump or something just silly.  That and it penalizes people based on the amount of dmg they do to their own teammates.   This might be to much load on the server or just to much of a pain in the ass to code.  If that is the case fine just go back to the old way with a modified gold loss something that scales with our 10X (generally speaking) post patch gold increase.

If penalty was enforced by TK only I think it should get progressively on the duration of a map.  Say on one map I TK the first penalty would be 25 gold then 50, 100, 150, 175, and max out at 200 which would mean you killed 6 teammates in one map cycle.
Also we need to get rid of the pesky end of round swing.

I really think this is needed again especially in battle server.  All suggestions and comments are encouraged (for those that read the post) thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:19:49 pm by Felagunda »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: Reintroduce PENALITIES for TK's
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:40 pm »
No.. No. and once again NO! reflective damage sucks ass, and sometimes people are being assholes and deserve it

oops
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:07:27 pm by ManOfWar »
Just a soldier

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:48:41 pm »
LoL man of war I thought you could read did I say anything about reflective dmg?

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:53 pm »
ah ok , I suppose that would work
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:09:34 pm by ManOfWar »
Just a soldier

Offline Salminen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:05:19 pm »
Nah why bother reading it since it's faster to rage first. Anyways, sounds good, although i suspect same as you about your first suggestion: too heavy on the server propably.
You are all overpowered.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:11:55 pm »
LoL man of war I thought you could read did I say anything about reflective dmg?
Besides, reflective damage is a server option, not something cRPG has anything to do. So I say the server owners decide if they want reflective damage or not. I personally don't care about reflective damage.

OT: Good thinking but I have a feeling it wouldn't really work properly. Some people (here's looking at you ninjas) got immense amounts of gold anyway so they wouldn't care. While others (here's looking at you cavalry) has really big money issues and might make them be afraid of contributing. Like I saw this really good horseman just ride to the aid of two allies when they were outnumbered and couched one, bumped three (where two where instantly hacked to death by the two friendlies) and caused a big enough distraction to give other people time to help the two dudes.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:12:13 pm »
Nah why bother reading it since it's faster to rage first. Anyways, sounds good, although i suspect same as you about your first suggestion: too heavy on the server propably.

Well the 1/2 gold loss per 1hp point done to a teammate might be.  But we used to have bonus based on killing and penalties based on tk's all the time.  They were on even when we had the 200 man server.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:13:28 pm »
'Oh, shit! I put my points wrong. Well, it will be ok if I just commit loads of tks.' *Goes on a teamkilling spree*
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:49 pm »
I think TK will just adapt and will use low damage weapons, just to nerve ^^

Okay, seriously, I am absolutly for TK penalty. I dont see any arguments against. People will just be more careful.
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 11:18:18 pm »
I dont think tking is a problem though, they happen here and there, not even this penalty would stop that- tk's happen both due to the tker and the guy getting tked- all in all shit happens
Just a soldier

Offline Sturm Beleren

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • A fool knows no fear. A hero shows no fear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 11:22:58 pm »
What about: you Tk'd me? Well at the end of round YOU will pay my upkeep cost!
Eh!? Eh!?
Ok sorry, i'm drunk...

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 11:24:52 pm »
What about: you Tk'd me? Well at the end of round YOU will pay my upkeep cost!
Eh!? Eh!?
Ok sorry, i'm drunk...

This makes sense, and its ok your drunk :D
Just a soldier

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:18 pm »
I dont think tking is a problem though, they happen here and there, not even this penalty would stop that- tk's happen both due to the tker and the guy getting tked- all in all shit happens

I don't know man.  I shoulda SS'd it but last night I was in a map where Zisa was -4 and 6.  Someone else had -3 and two people -2 one person -1.  It was just silly and it was revenage kills they were legit accidently TK's or at least they the people said they were.  There were 2 admin logged in the map at the time.  Also keep in mind they might have had way more TK's b/c you do go from -1 to 0 with one enemy kill!

And like I was saying it's just the tk's that are the problem but the rape FF on your teammates and at least a TK penalty would make people try and aviod it.  That is just one example i can think of that happened last night.  No telling how much FF dmg was done during that map!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:16:11 am by Felagunda »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 12:52:13 am »
...and again, just like in several other threads on this: why don't we dump this kill-based BS and move to hitpoints-based?

- would end the stupid hunt for kills (well, ok, they can be listed in the toplists besides the real damage you caused)
- would make toplists and stats more accurate and just
- would punish not only teamkills, but also teamwounding.

The server records the hitpoints for every blow/shot/etc. anyways, so should not be a big deal.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 01:06:29 am »
...and again, just like in several other threads on this: why don't we dump this kill-based BS and move to hitpoints-based?

- would end the stupid hunt for kills (well, ok, they can be listed in the toplists besides the real damage you caused)
- would make toplists and stats more accurate and just
- would punish not only teamkills, but also teamwounding.

The server records the hitpoints for every blow/shot/etc. anyways, so should not be a big deal.

Ya I really like the idea of HP penalty but at the same time to many people would complain if they lost for team wounding but didn't get money for enemy wounding or killing w/e.  But I do love the idea and 1/2 gold per HP team wound done isn't much.  Maybe it sould be 1 or 2 gold loss per hp so long as negative hp wouldn't apply of course.  But less earned for hitting team 1/2 to 1.  IDK just brainstorming thanks for the input all.