Author Topic: Version 0.271  (Read 62736 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.271
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2012, 06:57:53 pm »
A possible solution for chadz is to send us all to fuck, too.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »
+8
There will be no loom reset.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2012, 07:03:53 pm »
It's really sad for the poor people that have heirloomed versions of equipment that gets nerfed to hell because of a patch. This time it's not that terrible because nearly nothing got hurt balance-wise afaik. Maybe some people would like to change their armor because they were reordered though.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2012, 07:07:58 pm »
+1
There will be no loom reset.

Please, dear devs, don't ignore the community. Don't just ignore our pleas, and don't just write "no" without reasoning. If you are against an heirloom reset, please explain us why.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2012, 07:11:18 pm »
+1

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2012, 07:14:44 pm »
Joker, aren't you like super-intelligent?

Shouldn't you be able to figure that out by yourself?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:44 pm »
+2
Please, dear devs, don't ignore the community. Don't just ignore our pleas, and don't just write "no" without reasoning. If you are against an heirloom reset, please explain us why.  :?

Quote from: cmpxchg8b
Please, dear users, don't ignore the search function. Don't just whine, and don't just write "why" without reasoning. If you would like to know why, please try to think and don't just ask the same question over and over again.  :?

As said before, this will never ever be possible again. People would just go for lots of looms, not for quality looms. Because they will speculate on another loom reset.

So yeah, it will, never, ever, happen. Trade it :)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »
I am all for a heirloom point reset!

There are so many good reasons for it, that it's shorter to talk about the arguments against it:

1.: It's technically difficult to do
2.: It simply goes against the idea of the developers to be able to change your character after having made decision.
3.: maybe the devs want people to retire and earn them? This also helps against level 31+ characters and forces retiring if they want to loom cool new gear.

Now I could choose between all those magnificant byzantine armors but am doomed to run around in semi-byzantine rus-armors ...
Sell or trade your current looms for the ones you want.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:30:51 pm by Lichen »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2012, 07:35:28 pm »
Joker, aren't you like super-intelligent?

Shouldn't you be able to figure that out by yourself?

I honestly don't see any reason why you can't expect that if you choose to invest your precious loom points into a certain item, and the item gets changed afterwards in a way that you wouldn't repeat your decision, you shouldn't be given the chance to make a new decision.

You can't order meal 12: rumpsteak with beans in a restaurant, and the waiter comes back with salmon and says: "Sorry, the menu card got changed while I was away. Still you have decided for meal 12, so live with your decision."

And who cares for market? It's not an integral part of the game, it's more a small addition. Next to the fact that I don't see where more available loom points would influence the market in a bad way.

As said before, this will never ever be possible again. People would just go for lots of looms, not for quality looms. Because they will speculate on another loom reset.

So yeah, it will, never, ever, happen. Trade it :)

I don't get this: a loom point is a loom point, and you are (almost) completely free to distirbute it to any item you want. Be it a Flamberg or stones.

Concerning loom points you always have a) the loompoints you get from retiring and b) the loom points you buy with money.

Given that the price differences between items of the same tier but different base value vary not more than the differences between the prices of different players in general, and the to be expected behaviour of the community to raise the prices of "cheap" heirloomed items as soon as you announce an heirloom reset, I still see no problem.

In short: where can I decide between quality and quantity of loom points?

P.S.: Of course I might have overseen or forgotten something. I am really more asking than arguing, but at the moment I still don't get it.  :?

3.: maybe the devs want people to retire and earn them?

Then they shouldn't have introduced marketplace.

This also helps against level 31+ characters and forces retiring if they want to loom cool new gear.

First comment I can accept as reason, but still in the same post you give me the corresponding counter argument:

Sell or trade your current looms for the ones you want.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2012, 07:37:22 pm »
+2
chadz, lottery Lördag please, Vibe is in need of more looms.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »
Heh... expecting buffs/nerfs that come without any heirloom reset also is speculating. The real reason for not giving heirloom resets is because the devs want the game to be a roleplaying game, not a minmaxing game. But cRPG has become a minmaxing game anyway (with the help of upkeep and the multiplier).

I know this is like choosing between aids and cancer, but at least with heirloom resets people with looms would not get their capital (gold + heirloom values) artificially and randomly increased and decreased.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »
Then they shouldn't have introduced marketplace.

First comment I can accept as reason, but still in the same post you give me the corresponding counter argument:
We are not entitled to anything other than what we have earned. End of whining.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »
You are kidding me, right?
Oh cause they aren't on the market yet? Too bad. Wait or grind them yourself. Sell your current looms and save the money until what you want is available.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2798
  • Infamy: 142
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »

We can't trade for Byzantium armor because no one has lordy versions of it. We have to wait at least one week to trade for those and even then price will be silly high because it's rare. You guys again have shown us that you know how to code but you don't know nothing about this community and how things actually work here, that's why you have to rely on statistics.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2012, 07:55:58 pm »
You know, I could sell for example (if I´m lucky) one +3 armor for 1.6 million and then buy 2 loompoints for almost 800 k each, yay .
You could also buy a +1 item when you are about to retire then have a +2 with only one more retirement to go. Lots of people are going to be looming this new gear on their next retirement. Some of them to sell because they know it's in demand.

Just curious: What Gen are you and how many loom you got?
gen 8, 3 looms, 2 lordly

We can't trade for Byzantium armor because no one has lordy versions of it. We have to wait at least one week to trade for those and even then price will be silly high because it's rare.
Oh! A week! That's so long! Plus the price will be high cause it's rare? Aww....price should be low just to make people happy! In fact devs should just give everybody lordly versions so they don't cry.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:58:29 pm by Lichen »