Author Topic: Version 0.271  (Read 62727 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2953
  • Infamy: 1189
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.271
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »
Price of Lordy Byzanti gear in one week:

(one loomed point obtained through retirement 600K
+
two bought loom points 1200K)
x
1.5 because it's so rare
=
1800x1.5=2.7 million gold

I would have to sell two +3 items for that.

Or I could wait for 3 or more months until prices go down...

Offline sF_Zorro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RoyalKnight
  • Game nicks: RoyalKnight_Bastard_Bernhard
  • IRC nick: Zorro
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:16 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 2014
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:53 pm »
Oh! A week! That's so long! Plus the price will be high cause it's rare? Aww....price should be low just to make people happy! In fact devs should just give everybody lordly versions so they don't cry.

Honestly, I see no problem with that. I still hope they will remove all stat bonuses from loomed gear once Final Boss Heirloom pack become official.

Giving away lordy gear is another way to make game even for everyone.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2012, 08:13:13 pm »
Honestly, I see no problem with that. I still hope they will remove all stat bonuses from loomed gear once Final Boss Heirloom pack become official.

Giving away lordy gear is another way to make game even for everyone.
LOL, great way to kill the mod. Another LOL at giving away lordly gear.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2012, 08:17:46 pm »
As said before, this will never ever be possible again. People would just go for lots of looms, not for quality looms. Because they will speculate on another loom reset.

So yeah, it will, never, ever, happen. Trade it :)
+1  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2178
  • Infamy: 123
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:15 pm »
No, that would not kill the mod. Mod is good because of other things. But I guess that's pretty hard to explain to people who see this mod as another WoW where they come to grind, steal and cheat.

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2012, 08:20:43 pm »
I play this for fun,I dont have looms,im low on money,but im still having fun when smashing faces with military hammer

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »
Yeah, until recently I was quite poor(horse archer) and lacked more looms than my +1 Horn Bow...Still had a blast though.

Nor have I ever played with a class or weapon for more than five minutes that I did not find fun.

Even if it turns out to be far from the best(practice longsword on siege for example). ^^
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:32:33 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:34 pm »
No, that would not kill the mod.
Yes it would. Why retire? Just for looks? Few are going to bother with the agonizing grind just for that. The motivation to continue to play frequently is largely because of looms. Also what about the market? Are people going to pay lots of gold to buy something that just looks better? Sure, but not nearly as it is now.

Mod is good because of other things. But I guess that's pretty hard to explain to people who see this mod as another WoW where they come to grind, steal and cheat.

See below

Price of Lordy Byzanti gear in one week:

(one loomed point obtained through retirement 600K
+
two bought loom points 1200K)
x
1.5 because it's so rare
=
1800x1.5=2.7 million gold

I would have to sell two +3 items for that.

Or I could wait for 3 or more months until prices go down...

So you want +3 new gear yet talk about how you want looms to have no increased stats.....

Hmm, I say the devs give you +3 of whatever you want then you can play with your lordly gear that you apparently don't even want to exist.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:49:48 pm by Lichen »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:30 pm »
Quoteception.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »
No, that would not kill the mod. Mod is good because of other things. But I guess that's pretty hard to explain to people who see this mod as another WoW where they come to grind, steal and cheat.

I like grinding and I say it openly, like many people, like it or not.

That doesn't mean I don't like the gameplay of this game. I just believe the grind gives a much needed addition to something that would otherwise be 90% like Native. And Native is boring for a reason. Everything in gaming is "false". Skill too, just like grinding for this or that. Part of what I want when I play is goals to reach, and feeling that I'm progressing towards these goals (skill progression is hard to measure and doesn't fit well). The essence of the goal itself is of little importance, overcoming a resistance is what matters.

Now, Lichen is showing us quite an astounding prowess of intellectual dishonesty here. Please explain us how Leshma wanting +3 items for himself in the current system is in any way contradicting with that he wants heirlooms to lose their stat bonuses ? One is a logical statement about the current game, and the other is a suggestion. Currently using what he is criticizing actually gives credit to him in this case.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »
+2
You guys again have shown us that you know how to code but you don't know nothing about this community and how things actually work here, that's why you have to rely on statistics.

I'm gonna take your word for it.
Not really.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »
+3
Please explain us how Leshma wanting +3 items for himself in the current system is in any way contradicting with that he wants heirlooms to lose their stat bonuses ? One is a logical statement about the current game, and the other is a suggestion. Currently using what he is criticizing actually gives credit to him in this case.
Why does he want +3 items so bad if:
Mod is good because of other things. But I guess that's pretty hard to explain to people who see this mod as another WoW where they come to grind, steal and cheat.

Why do some people cry about looms as if they are necessary to enjoy the game or do well? They aren't. I use my lordly items maybe 5% of the time because the upkeep is ridiculous but also because I usually do better WITHOUT THEM. BUT I LIKE HAVING THEM.  Most the time I'm using very cheap gear. Why don't more people stop worrying about 100% fair and just play the fucking game? Cause that's what I do. You don't need looms to do well but if you want them earn them. End of story.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:17:00 pm by Lichen »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »
Only loom I got is a 1+throwing lance, I say either complete reset of everything (I'd benefit from that  :mrgreen: ) or no loom giveaways (Yes I know they won't happen).
Wipe this shietz!

1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:46 pm »
Why do some people cry about looms as if they are necessary to enjoy the game or do well? They aren't.

They are not. But they are the motivation to retire, and if you lower this motivation, for example by punishing people randomly with wasted heirloom points, less people will reitre, and the average level on the servers will raise.

I admit, the ffect would be minimal, but still...  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)