Author Topic: Version 0.271  (Read 62667 times)

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
Re: Version 0.271
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2012, 09:35:29 pm »
+3
Damn you griefers!
First there is crying about no adding of new armours n stuff. Now new thingys are added and the whining becomes even worse about loom reset sh*t ckuf (you know what i mean???)

I want a  nice patch update, about what was changed - stop - i am happy with the game - stop - new items? stop - cool - stop - but - stop - wtf!!!! fullstop.

Why is one faction called "no faction" now. What was changed in gameplay?

Thats what I want to know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »
+1
i dream of xant every night

Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 443
  • Infamy: 1779
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »
Why does he want +3 items so bad if: 

1) I want to see how it looks when Finall Boss finish his mod

2) Because I don't want to be at disadvantage, pretty valid reason, isn't it? I don't want to have better gear than others, I just want everyone to have same quality gear available. I already have everything loomed yet I still use unloomed armor because I can't stand looks of my +3 Heraldic Plate.

Also,

Yes it would. Why retire? Just for looks? Few are going to bother with the agonizing grind just for that. The motivation to continue to play frequently is largely because of looms. Also what about the market? Are people going to pay lots of gold to buy something that just looks better? Sure, but not nearly as it is now.

So you do retire even if it's agonizing experience. Why do even play this mod? Am I the only one seeing problem here?

Last time I couldn't stand the class I was playing I did retire before level 31. I wanted to try cav after a long break and I found out that lance angle has been nerfed and playing cav became the most boring thing in this world. I still fail to understand people who still play cav, they must love horses pretty bad. Cav with 90 degree lance angle is pretty epic class, what we have now is silly backstabbing coward class. Hopefully Ozin will find a way to revert lance angle change.

Quote from: Kafein
That doesn't mean I don't like the gameplay of this game. I just believe the grind gives a much needed addition to something that would otherwise be 90% like Native.

Native is crappy because of bad balance, crappy community and silly system which forces you to change your gear every round. Also gear in native looks like shit compared to cRPG. We have many good looking armors, while they have same boring shit from the start and that ain't gonna change. Game speed is the only advantage native has over cRPG.

cRPG already has character development, we really don't need fantasy items. It would be better if they remove imbalance which comes from loomed gear and instead buff char development.

cRPG is so slow that it would be better to raise max char levels, remove silly retirement or force us into AGI builds. Fast = fun, slow = boring, only cmpx fails to understand that.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1111
  • Infamy: 2400
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2012, 09:57:13 pm »
They are not. But they are the motivation to retire, and if you lower this motivation, for example by punishing people randomly with wasted heirloom points, less people will reitre, and the average level on the servers will raise.

I admit, the ffect would be minimal, but still...  :?

Levels can't raise beyond level 36, even if you play non stop for 3 years straight. If they remove retirement many people will get to level 33 really fast which is only 3 levels less than max level possible. Actually biggest difference would become just two levels because highest level is 35 atm.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:28 pm »
+1
1) I want to see how it looks when Finall Boss finish his mod

2) Because I don't want to be at disadvantage, pretty valid reason, isn't it? I don't want to have better gear than others, I just want everyone to have same quality gear available. I already have everything loomed yet I still use unloomed armor because I can't stand looks of my +3 Heraldic Plate.

-Might be a long time before heirloom pack is finished.
-You aren't at a disadvantage since the items are new. Is everybody else running around in lordly byzantine armor already? And if so and it matters that much to you then sell your looms to get what you want.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »
Dorama, me gusta.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:26 pm »
This time there were 32 new armors and helmets in total added. Loompoint reset is the only possible solution.

If there is a loompoint reset I would like to have it AFTER some of the nordmen stuff was added :O

Otherwise iit would suck :/

Nevermind, just saw the clear statement about no loomreset being done
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:28:24 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2012, 04:31:23 am »
My experience in a nutshell:

-Tries out new update

-Screen goes black on entry unless I use alt+enter to fix it, meh

-Lagspikes and stutters all over the place, screen goes black again

-Gets 1shot killed by archer

-Crashes at round end.

-.-

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2012, 06:52:57 am »
+4
So I've lost a multiplier several times so far, from being alt tabbed, going out for a smoke, going to the washroom.  I'm willing to be the vast majority of people who don't spawn in time for rounds are doing it for legitimate reasons and not to avoid losing their multi.  chadz is punishing everyone for the transgressions of the few.  chadz is America.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2012, 07:16:18 am »
So I've lost a multiplier several times so far, from being alt tabbed, going out for a smoke, going to the washroom.  I'm willing to be the vast majority of people who don't spawn in time for rounds are doing it for legitimate reasons and not to avoid losing their multi.  chadz is punishing everyone for the transgressions of the few.  chadz is America.

I agree. A lot of times I have some RL stuff to handle and missing round ends (and not spawning next round) is a common thing. Quite bad that I am bound to my PC when on x5.

I don't see the reason why this was made even, I mean if you win the round you deserve the multiplier and in the round you don't spawn you don't get experience/gold anyway. So why shouldn't you be able to return to whatever multiplier you were left on when you come back?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:34 am »
+3

I agree. A lot of times I have some RL stuff to handle and missing round ends (and not spawning next round) is a common thing. Quite bad that I am bound to my PC when on x5.

I don't see the reason why this was made even, I mean if you win the round you deserve the multiplier and in the round you don't spawn you don't get experience/gold anyway. So why shouldn't you be able to return to whatever multiplier you were left on when you come back?

Solution to this is quite easy lads: don't smoke while you play (it's bad for your health anyway), take a piss & a core dump before starting to play the game and don't eat & drink while playing it so you don't have to go to the toilet, you never know when your x5 will hit on you (chadz is actually taking care of your health because sitting in front of your computers for hours while eating & drinking at the same time is definitely not healthy). If someone knocks on your door tell him you're not here or just leave a little note on the outside of your door with your mobile phone number written on it. If your girlfriend or wife wants to "spend some time with you" (for some those 2 mins till round's end would do but some may take a bit longer) and you prefer your x5 just tell her you have a headache (usually works for them). Quite easy and doable, brings back the joy of gaming.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2012, 09:20:30 am »
+1

Are you seriously asking why?

Maybe you should join Siege once...there are some clans who always stick in spec for the first round, more than 10 people at the same time. Why that? Because first round balance doesn't work and they don't want half their clan to lose multi. So they wait for one round and then they can all play together again and farm their multi. That is why. On siege there is maybe 2 out of 10 who go spec because of reallife stuff instead of multiplier reasons...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:00 am »
+4
How would Vibe know that, he is no siege playing peasant. It is beneath him.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2012, 11:07:18 am »