Author Topic: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"  (Read 7026 times)

Offline tillmash

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UB
Re: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:32 pm »
IMO, destroying your own teams siege equipment should be bannable, instead it seems, admins would rather have building siege equipment be bannable  :| , and catapults may not be helping your team win (because it's illegal to get good at it.  :rolleyes: ) but they still provide fun for everyone not multi-addicted/dicks who wanna ruin all your fun, builders or not!
BTW: tillmash if we ever get proper respect we should gather together some more people one day and build together (the more builders the faster you can get it all up).

That is a very good idea, i like what you are saying, by breaking our siege equipment all they are doing is wasting more time.
Which is what they are complaining about in the first place.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:13 pm »
+1
I'd rather have a catapult shot land on my head then get hit in the back by a teammate.
And how!

Offline Izaya

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Kick'in it Unicorn Style.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [UB]
  • Game nicks: Izaya, Crestian
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
Hey, Another UB'ian here. When I heard UB_Forge was banned by an admin, I was disgusted. He hadn't broken any rules AND he was trying to support the team until he was  kicked or the equipment destroyed By his own teamates. Many siege crews are labeled, Leechers (Which makes no sense what so ever) so many people rage over petty  things.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:02 pm »
+2
if the catapults dont actually destroy walls in siege mode, then ya, you are leeching bigtime.  You are not contributing and are actually a burden & distraction to your team.

NH builds weapon racks on defense in siege and its amazing what admins let retards/griefers get away with.  People that destroy friendly siege equipment should get week-month long bans.  Hell maybe next time I'll contact admins ahead of time that we're planning on playing siege and that people will inevitably try to destroy our stuff for no reason at all. 

Devs should fix it so catapult actually DOES work in siege and destroys walls, but fat chance of that happening.  Expect rule update to making this against rules soon!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:24:15 pm by Digglez »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »
+1
if the catapults dont actually destroy walls in siege mode, then ya, you are leeching bigtime.  You are not contributing and are actually a burden & distraction to your team.

NH builds weapon racks on defense in siege and its amazing what admins let retards/griefers get away with.  People that destroy friendly siege equipment should get week-month long bans.  Hell maybe next time I'll contact admins ahead of time that we're planning on playing siege and that people will inevitably try to destroy our stuff for no reason at all. 

Devs should fix it so catapult actually DOES work in siege and destroys walls, but fat chance of that happening.  Expect rule update to making this against rules soon!
catapults are amazing against clusters, if anyone was allowed to practice using a cat and if dick siege equipment breakers where banned then I'm certain they'd be MORE than usefull, they got a nice AOE (I've taken out and been taken out on EU_3 via catapults, they can shot atleast two people at once, probably more in typichal siege flag waiting areas, imagine a typical siege round end, shitload of defenders are standing very close at flag, shitload of attackers storm at them, giant melee, random team wins, now imagine if as the attackers approach a giant rock falls down from the sky and kills a shitload of defenders, then the remainders die fast and one team wins... also, back when I was playing siege often an admin complained about me spawning without a weapon twice to build a weapon rack and be able to eternally refill my throwing lance stock...

But UB (that's your name, right?) you should try building a forward base as attackers on siege one time, now that'd be useful as fuck and maybe admins wouldn't get all pissed off (for no reason) over it. ('cept your team retards would break it).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:39:40 am by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 10:40:39 pm »
catapults are amazing against clusters, if anyone was allowed to practice using a cat and if dick siege equipment breakers where banned then I'm certain they'd be MORE than usefull, they got a nice AOE (I've taken out and been taken out on EU_3 via catapults, they can shot atleast two people at once, probably more in typichal siege flag waiting areas, imagine a typical siege round end, shitload of defenders are standing very close at flag, shitload of attackers storm at them, giant melee, random team wins, now imagine if as the attackers approach a giant rock falls down from the sky and kills a shitload of defenders, then the remainders die fast and one team wins... also, back when I was playing siege often an admin complained about me spawning without a weapon twice to build a weapon rack and be able to eternally refill my throwing lance stock...

But UN (that's your name, right?) you should try building a forward base as attackers on siege one time, now that'd be useful as fuck and maybe admins wouldn't get all pissed off (for no reason) over it. ('cept your team retards would break it).

decent point, but the likely hood of you landing a killer shot on 5+ flag defenders while coordinating with your team as to not Friendly fire just as many is about 1 in 10 thousand.  Maybe make a promotional video with your spotting skills and we'll be more inclined to support you.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 11:13:09 pm »
Problem is, in people's mind, siege equipment is used by abusers and exploiters, and they'r kind of right, it was really abused by some clans...

show it can be used in a good useful way, make siege towers to access easily the flag to give insta-win to your side, then people will stop being negative towards you

good luck

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 12:35:07 am »
I support Siege-Crew as long as they do take grey-banner ;)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 03:01:42 am »
Fuck yeah, siege engineers! They need some love! I and a clanmate tried to build a Siege Tower on the HRE castle map, but it failed because retarded teammates destroyed it right before we finished it. Sigh. Then I got hit with the 3k repair cost.... Didn't try again next round. You might think they don't contribute, but they DEFINITELY don't leech.

I'll join you guys and your crew if I see you on the siege servers. Good luck with the engineer corp! I'll remember you if I need you in strat.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 07:40:16 am »
+3
Hi guys,
           thanks for all your support and ideas, it's pretty hard ofr us to make a video as we cannot get onto any siege servers, meaning that if we made a vid , you would just see us shotting static shit on the duel servers.

Continue to support the cause my brothers  8-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:40 am »
+2
While I don't find building a catapult and shooting people with it particularly helpful towards winning a siege, I still think you shouldn't get banned for this.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »
I'd say stay away from Catapults. They're just not effective enough to warrant the time spent on them, and if you get balanced off to the other team you're effectively helping your enemies, right? Siege equipment stays in place as long as it's not destroyed, correct? I'm not entirely sure. I know weapon racks stay behind.

Anyway, I'd say in general that a Siege Tower of sorts is currently the most effective use of siege materials, due to the amount of hits it can take along with it's mobility. Catapult can be somewhat effective depending on the castle layout and whether you're using it on Attack or Defense, but dies fast, and a healing tent is paper thin.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »
2 questions, how do I make a Healing tent, and does it work on battle servers.   Also how long does healing tent take to erect?   Guess it was three questions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 04:22:30 pm »
2 questions, how do I make a Healing tent, and does it work on battle servers.   Also how long does healing tent take to erect?   Guess it was three questions.

You need a construction site, which is a little over 38k, and 1 other person to carry some construction material.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »
Hi guys,
           thanks for all your support and ideas, it's pretty hard ofr us to make a video as we cannot get onto any siege servers, meaning that if we made a vid , you would just see us shotting static shit on the duel servers.

Continue to support the cause my brothers  8-)

Time lapse build, have target dumbie person duel the catapult operator and move far away somewhere else on the map, perhaps up on a building, hill or tower.  Time how long & how many shots to hit'em dead