Author Topic: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2012, 11:41:38 pm »

This would be good. Then all arbalest my old friends can stop using their scifi lazergun and make these instead.
What would be wrong with that? You would still need 2 people to make an equipment chest, spend some time throwing materials on the c-site, and the reload time and aiming would be longer. The balistae would also be either stationary or slow moving. No kiting at all. What's the problem then?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2012, 11:46:43 pm »
What would be wrong with that? You would still need 2 people to make an equipment chest, spend some time throwing materials on the c-site, and the reload time and aiming would be longer. The balistae would also be either stationary or slow moving. No kiting at all. What's the problem then?

None, I would almost love to see these being mobile, spawnable, and use 3 slots, firing...I dunno, bolts maybe, to make the 5th slot, and a 2nd guy needed to guard you/bring more ammo. I have a personal dislike of the arbalest, since it is a 19th century weapon, and the balistae could replace it.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2012, 11:49:09 pm »
+1
None, I would almost love to see these being mobile, spawnable, and use 3 slots, firing...I dunno, bolts maybe, to make the 5th slot, and a 2nd guy needed to guard you/bring more ammo. I have a personal dislike of the arbalest, since it is a 19th century weapon, and the balistae could replace it.
I say it should be a constructible item, like the catapult, not an item you can "throw down" like the siege shields :P Gotta get dem HEAVY balistas, not the puny small ones!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2012, 12:41:38 am »
But catapults fill that role...maybe constructable, but low materials, so they are relatively fast to build, can be built by the spawnd gear of just 2 men, and can maintain a rate of fire to make them viable.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2012, 01:18:31 am »
+1
But catapults fill that role...maybe constructable, but low materials, so they are relatively fast to build, can be built by the spawnd gear of just 2 men, and can maintain a rate of fire to make them viable.
Catapults is for anti-building, ballista should be anti-infantry/anti-catapult (or other siege equipment). Basically shooting more in a straight line, no (or very small) AoE, faster fire and doesn't destroy walls (or at least, not as well as catapults).

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2012, 02:12:59 am »
Well, needs modelling now, since we got the usage sorted :D
I don't know enough