Author Topic: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"  (Read 6514 times)

Offline tillmash

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UB
Re: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:12 pm »
+1
It's sad, but most people here only care about the multi. Unless you are doing something that is DIRECTLY contributing to their multi you are breaking the rules. So, the only fun you can have is the fun that gives other people a higher multi.

It's sad really as the equipment we have can be very useful in both siege and battle.

In siege as defenders you can build healing tents. As attackers you can build siege towers to sneak into previously unreachable parts of the castle.

In battle, weapon racks and healing tents are awesome. You can build a weapon rack in about 5 seconds. Then you can create a defensive position with siege shields and a healing tent.

But, your teammates will never let that happen because you MUST FEED THE MULTIS!

sadly i completley agree with you.

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 03:37:38 pm »
I support the Siege Crew, muliplier of exp and gold is not the most important, just like the winning.
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:40 pm »
I support the Siege Crew, muliplier of exp and gold is not the most important, just like the winning.

I agree, the most important part is fun, and that every player enjoys their own playstyle.

Offline Digu213

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Wahaha my skirt!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Royalist Knight
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »
+4
Siege Crews and catapults seem very nice ! I would like a harder and longer siege gamemode or map.. One that gives the crews time to use siege equipment and such ! harder to conquer walls aswell !

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »
Yesterday some guys built siege equipment on Eu 3. It was really fun to play with the catapult and siege tower, but it also takes skill to hit anything with it. Respect to your clan if you can built a catapult and hit a building with the first shot in just 3 minutes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 04:31:14 pm »
+2
But, your teammates will never let that happen because you MUST FEED THE MULTIS!
We had this going yesterday on EU_1, it was really fun, we had people throwing smoke bombs, handing out crossbows, simply defending, putting out siege shields, etc.
First time we attempted this the other team was on 5x we beat them with like six players left, second time their players where better organized and their cav managed to break our shields and leave us scattered, but it was most fun the next map.

BTW: Guys, I remember your clan, I was the guy on EU_3 showing you how to use the catapult, you sound like you've grown good at it, hopefully once these haters lighten up I can see for myself.
Also, Tercio, yeah that was fun as hell.

ENGINEERS WANT THE SAME RIGHTS AS ALL OTHER PLAYERS!!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:33:22 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 04:32:24 pm »
Yesterday some guys built siege equipment on Eu 3. It was really fun to play with the catapult and siege tower, but it also takes skill to hit anything with it. Respect to your clan if you can built a catapult and hit a building with the first shot in just 3 minutes.

Thank you very much, you are the perfect example of how people should feel about siege crews.
hmm... yesterday on EU3, that was probably us actually :)

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 04:34:15 pm »
We had this going yesterday on EU_1, it was really fun, we had people throwing smoke bombs, handing out crossbows, simply defending, putting out siege shields, etc.

BTW: Guys, I remember your clan, I was the guy on EU_3 showing you how to use the catapult, you sound like you've grown good at it, hopefully once these haters lighten up I can see for myself.
Also, Tercio, yeah that was fun as hell.

ENGINEERS WANT THE SAME RIGHTS AS ALL OTHER PLAYERS!!!

Hehe, your advice has served us well and we are ready to prove ur worth.
But as the point of the campiagn says, we are unable to do so at fear of being banned and kicked constantly.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »
Thank you very much, you are the perfect example of how people should feel about siege crews.
I think it was me and another guy (later there came more builders), reason I think this is that I remember Laufknoten helping us out.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:34 pm »
+2
No, that was before or after you guys showed up. Zlisch showed some guy how to use the catapult and I joined them.

Siege equipment would make siege a lot more interesting in my opinion. Atm it's bascially just clusterfuck deathmatch and there's no place and time for siege equipment. Siege needs some love.  :D

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »
I see an incredible amount of support for our siege crew, does this finally mean that we will be able to get some actual siege experiance now, without constantly being harrased.

My crew will attempt to go out some time tonight and hopefully it will be a success, keep an eye out for us :)

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 07:56:10 pm »
we've done a siege crew with a few NA guy (not official, just random guy trying)

and well.. it MAY have worked without all the people destructing and killing us (to not bypass auto-balance we helped us even if in wrong team...)

our only kills was a teammate, but still... they could have won with our siege tower... if they didn't destroy it!!

I've noticed some map cata ARE useful : basically all the map with door in front of flag : a little shot and BOOM no defender!

I support!!!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 08:01:27 pm »
"It is clear there is a lot of support for our cause"
vs
"When everyone on the server calls us leechers"

A handful of supportive forum posts doesn't overrule the fact that you annoy everyone in the actual game.

The real question you have to ask is, "Does this catapult help our team win?"

No.  No, it doesn't.  And all the time you wasted building it has helped your team lose.  That stuff should be taken off of the battle and siege servers.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 08:21:50 pm »
+2
"It is clear there is a lot of support for our cause"
vs
"When everyone on the server calls us leechers"

A handful of supportive forum posts doesn't overrule the fact that you annoy everyone in the actual game.

The real question you have to ask is, "Does this catapult help our team win?"

No.  No, it doesn't.  And all the time you wasted building it has helped your team lose.  That stuff should be taken off of the battle and siege servers.

As i have said in previous responses, if you do wish, write us off as bad players, like the many hindreds there already is.
You know the ones, the people who go around doing bugger all for their team and end with something rediculous like 0-9.
Put us in their catagory, its not matter to us, those crap players do not get votekicked or banned.

All we ask is that we can the game how we want, just as you are allowed. What would happen if we all started kicking and banning you just becuase of the particular weapon or armour you use.

The fact is, my crew are able to get kills with the catapult, and many crap players can't get a kill with  anything. So why is it us who become kicked and banned.

Just using simple logic it becomes apparent that what is happening to siege crews is unjust, and unfair.

In regard to our support, we have in game support, not jst people on the forums, during our drills we have had many people comment on us, and when asked if they think what we are doing is good. They always say that it is.

Next time you see any siege crew, not just ours, give them a chance, instead of having a massive rage at them because they aint feeding your mulitplier.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 08:43:52 pm »
IMO, destroying your own teams siege equipment should be bannable, instead it seems, admins would rather have building siege equipment be bannable  :| , and catapults may not be helping your team win (because it's illegal to get good at it.  :rolleyes: ) but they still provide fun for everyone not multi-addicted/dicks who wanna ruin all your fun, builders or not!
BTW: tillmash if we ever get proper respect we should gather together some more people one day and build together (the more builders the faster you can get it all up).