Author Topic: To all lancers  (Read 4380 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: To all lancers
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 05:25:34 pm »
I John McEnroe @ this absurd thread.

If you aim for the rider and they aim for your horse, you get a kill and they hurt your horse.  You come out of that in much better shape.

Deal with it.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 05:26:09 pm »
It is not about defending my clan mate. You read the messages and get them but kept saying you cant understand them because of the poor grammar. Guess what? Not everyone's native language is English who play this game and they have responsibility on this. Your messages clearly states your mental retardation.
I clearly ask him to use a translator since he cannot use english properly. Instead of using 85% of my brain power devoted to unencrpyting his syntax, I'd much prefer him to use a translator. They may not be perfect but they're much easier to decipher.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 05:26:37 pm »
Just don't bother....
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »
Just don't bother....
I'm not poking fun at his nationality nor am I being racist. It is not too much to ask for for someone to use a translator so we can better understand what he's saying. If you can't comprehend this, then you're as much doomed as he is.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »
Well he tried and failed and that was not a reason for you to insult him. If you truly wanted to understand what he was talking about you would get it. You just tried to ruin this thread by trolling and bad-mouthing and you achieved it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:30:45 pm by Araxiel »
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »
I'm not poking fun at his nationality nor am I being racist. It is not too much to ask for for someone to use a translator so we can better understand what he's saying. If you can't comprehend this, then you're as much doomed as he is.

You racist scum!
Joe Sakic FTW!
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »
Well he tried and failed and that was not a reason for you to insult him. If you truly wanted to understand what he was talking about you would get it. You just tried to ruin this thread by trolling and bad-mouthing and you achieved it.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:37 pm »
+2
More often than not, aiming at the horse's head in frontal lance fights results in killing both the horse and the rider. And some people really ask for it when they always block until they get a clear thrust on you. I'm usually fighting for killing my opponent. When other lancers just delay the fight like that I kill their horse and go somewhere else. It's practically the same as killing them anyway.

Offline Jetsam

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quik_MB
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »
+1
Aiming for the head makes the most sense. If a guy is aiming for my body and I get his horse, he drops, and I go away full health. I'd fully expect for him to hit my horse, as the best option is to hit them as soon as possible. It also leads to different tactics while using cavalry. For example, turning your horses head but keeping your lance as straight as possible will get you screwed against someone who stays straight, but if their timing is off, you'll take their horse and protect yours completely. Whether you aim for the horse or the rider, it's 100% about timing, and the key to making a lance miss you is disrupting that timing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:45:27 pm by Jetsam »

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »
I John McEnroe @ this absurd thread.

If you aim for the rider and they aim for your horse, you get a kill and they hurt your horse.  You come out of that in much better shape.

Deal with it.

not true at all because your horse is either 1hit or left at very very litttle health even if its a armoured horse. it's not worth getting 1kill for being dismounted the rest of the round.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 06:03:06 pm »
not true at all because your horse is either 1hit or left at very very litttle health even if its a armoured horse. it's not worth getting 1kill for being dismounted the rest of the round.
Well you're the one who killed their rider cleanly right?  Just take their horse  :P

I'd argue it's the same thing if you are a shielder going up against an axe user, or in general going up against someone else who will probably get a few hits in on you.  You'll be left in a worse state when you exit the fight even if you win, so you need to decide if it's worth going into that fight in the first place or look for another target.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »

Then why'd you neg rep anyone who disagreed with Rebel and called him a retard for his retarded comments?

I understood what he was trying to say, and addressed it properly.  He sounds like an angry guy who rants on the forums, which is bad enough, but then he rants and raves about some retarded ass topic about killing horses?  Like I said, it's a battlefield, not a medieval jousting tournament.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 06:13:23 pm »
I hate inf who randomly kill horses once ridders are dead, it pisses me off, as a cav I could use a horse if mine dies...
But I do go after other cav if I think I can either kill or dehorse them (this is when I play a lancer as a HT all enemy cav are targets).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:14:29 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 06:16:32 pm »
Aiming for the head makes the most sense. If a guy is aiming for my body and I get his horse, he drops, and I go away full health. I'd fully expect for him to hit my horse, as the best option is to hit them as soon as possible. It also leads to different tactics while using cavalry. For example, turning your horses head but keeping your lance as straight as possible will get you screwed against someone who stays straight, but if their timing is off, you'll take their horse and protect yours completely. Whether you aim for the horse or the rider, it's 100% about timing, and the key to making a lance miss you is disrupting that timing.
More often than not, aiming at the horse's head in frontal lance fights results in killing both the horse and the rider. And some people really ask for it when they always block until they get a clear thrust on you. I'm usually fighting for killing my opponent. When other lancers just delay the fight like that I kill their horse and go somewhere else. It's practically the same as killing them anyway.

yes I understand that... and its why i hate that soo hard thats ruin whole knight gameplay,
Last time i played as a cav when we had old lance system(Yes that was OP like hell and had to be removed) and I liked all that cav lance duells, now that is pathetic and boring when you konow then your enemy will aim for hores.

I hope then you understand then is not rage post because I know then there is  now way to change it, all I wanted to say is my opinion about that taktic even when that works and helps you win.
I can see then there is fave peps who think the same way than me soo I am no't allwon out there.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 06:18:39 pm »
Dismounting a knight seems like a really good tactic for disabling them...

Attacking other horse lancers is generally a bad idea, but if you're going to attack them it's to disable them, not to necessarily kill them.

If I dismount you 1 km from the rest of your team, you're useless.  You think people should "play nice" so that you can go kill half of their team?  So you also think that archers shouldn't shoot you in the back, and if someone has a shield and you don't, they should put it away and duel you?

Give me a break, learn to play.  There's no honor in war, the sooner you realize that, the sooner you will use tactics to your advantage.  The honorable die young.  When it's a fight to the death, fuck honor.  Bite, scratch, fight dirty, fight like a girl, do anything you can to survive.  Honor gets you (and your buddies) killed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:20:24 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy