Poll

IF needs love.

Nah, don't want HP tin cans. Let it stay at 2.
Sure, it's usefull then. Buff it to 3.
Neutral. Or hate you. Or too hard to make a choice.

Author Topic: IF needs love?  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: IF needs love?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »
Still waiting, come on dude, just duel with me... I've got a pitchfork and I will use it... and your missing out on the chance to boost about your "victory" forever...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »
Winning you would hardly be anything to boast about, I'm still in native duel if you wanna come teach me tho!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »
Nope, you are not and I'm tired of waiting for you... feel free to ask anyone on the duel server if Thtb was there, I did let them know that you are not able to stand up to your claims...

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 04:19:47 pm »
... Average for a 2h sword would be closer to 120.

Btw, you can come teach me how to play in the duel server?

120 is greatsword, it's not dueling weapon, it's formation weapon. Average reach for swords in game is inflated, it's stupid that greatswords are jack-of-all-trades-master-of-most, those should act as formation weapon and support weapons..
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »
That doesn't have anything to do with what Thtb was claiming, though. It may or may not be ridiculous, but it still has more reach than a katana.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 04:38:07 pm »
(slightly in b4 "no the average is 96 durrr")

That doesn't have anything to do with what Thtb was claiming, though. It may or may not be ridiculous, but it still has more reach than a katana.

Speed point still stands as well as the fact that you did not show up for the duel, so all you seem to able to do is off topic comments/trolling attempts.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:41:06 pm by Thtb »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 04:44:14 pm »
Speed doesn't matter, with a longer range weapon you'll still get the first hit.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »
Tsk tsk. That's not how you do it. This is how you do it.

Speed doesn't matter, with a longer range weapon you'll still get the first hit.

Speed doesn't matter, with a longer range weapon.

Speed doesn't matter, with

Speed doesn't matter

doesn't matter
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »
The possibility to kill/be killed with one hit on long range runs counter-intuitive to being new and less skilled player friendly...

(to put it simply: Mount and blade, not bow and arrow or "well go play OP:F if you want one hit kills")

This subject is expanded on in the "To much damage overall?" topic
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2711.45.html

This game has steep learning curve, and that's good (MP). It's far from one hit kill, no matter how hard you trying to say it is.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 05:56:44 pm »
This game has steep learning curve, and that's good (MP). It's far from one hit kill, no matter how hard you trying to say it is.

I have to agree. People usually die from one hits if 1.) They get a solid couch 2.) They get a birthday to the face 3.) they are unarmored/tissue armored and they get a strong birthday to the pants 4.) An Ogre build decides to give you a hug.

1.) Couches are easy to avoid once you have even a mild grasp of the game and are paying attention (If you are not paying attention, then you get ganked, even from a guy with a rock this happens, welcome to life).

2.) When someone donates an implement of destruction to your face, it should be rewarded with massive (often lethal) damage. This rewards skill and luck, like practically ever game does with headshots. I see no problem with this issue.

3.) Armor is for a reason, and a carebear swinging 21 STR 7PS sword to your chest should leave a massive impression on your life, yes?

4.) If an Ogre build decides to bless your body with a 2Her, then you very well should die from that hyperspecialized character if he hits you with a solid hit and you do not have a top-tier armor and/or a lot of hitpoints with great armor. His disadvantage is that he lumbers around and his low agil and other things make him easy prey to agil-trolls and bolts and arrows and thrown bananas. I am also ok with this.

Yes, when someone OS you, then you will remember, but with all due respect, the vast majority of your deaths once you have a higher level balanced character (If you have a hyper specialized or lightly armoured character, then shut up about getting easily ganked in melee, you should be aware of your sacrifices so play accordingly. A glass cannon is a glass cannon.) you should be dying from two to four hits. Well armoured or fighting against weak foes will extend these hit amounts.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:00:29 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 06:06:21 pm »
Last I heard the IF bonus was hardcoded into the game and the only way to change it up would be to make every 1 point of IF in the site count as 2 in the servers (so +4 hp for every one instead of 2). I think this was decided to be too much so IF seems doomed to be mostly useless.

Some one came up with an alternative to make IF only able to level up every 6 points of STR and make it the +4hp instead of the +2hp. Would do the same thing as now for less skill points maybe making it a more viable skill?

This tidbit of info is cold hard fact!  Any suggestion of changing the value amount past this related info is moot.

Can we please change the subject to something related to using this cold hard fact and making changes around it, not through it.  It's obvious IF is hard coded as +2 HP, now diregarding this guys statement/suggestion is like poking yourself in the eye.  He made an awesome suggestion and I think we should use what he said and move with it.

We are fighting upstream if we keep thinking we can change hard coding values. 

+1 to 6 STR GIVES A +4hp with one pt dump.  It will free up points, especially freeing up the extra 2 pts needed to make a lvl 30 build into a lvl 31 build.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 09:22:34 am »
I can't believe people have neglected to mention Allers and I in this post

I have 95 HP and 74? (have to double check) armor
I one shot people
Normal people take 8-9 hits to kill me

As much as I would love to see IF get a buff and my character get stacked even more, god forbid, I toss the input that IF is fine as it stands
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2011, 10:06:53 am »
I can't believe people have neglected to mention Allers and I in this post

I have 95 HP and 74? (have to double check) armor
I one shot people
Normal people take 8-9 hits to kill me

As much as I would love to see IF get a buff and my character get stacked even more, god forbid, I toss the input that IF is fine as it stands
But i just killed you with a 6/30 build shhhh
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 11:22:55 am »
IF is pointless unless your gunna stack it.

Nuff said.
Turtles