Author Topic: Ranged Balance  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: Ranged Balance
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:23 am »
+1

1: Get more athletics
2: Get a Horse
3: An archer CAN NOT run away forever. Everytime we shoot it slows us down and infantry gains.
4: And oh yes, get a shield.

1:ath is for acceleration (and therefor zigzaging), its the weight of your equipment that prevails. A med armored guy with 6 ath will reachs his maximum run speed faster then the 2ath archer will reachs his. BUT the archer wearing lighter equipment then the med armored guy will in the end run faster then medarmoredguy
2 : stop playing archery....
3 : when i zigzag to avoid arrows i lose speed....AAAAH but i didnt see point 4! get a shield! Of course! that changes everything...not. When you raise your shield you run slower...
(and lets not talk about archers that spin their fire when a shielder tries to bump them  :rolleyes: )
4 : derp archer lobby argument

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 12:25:30 am »
became a VIP and hire army of sexy shielders.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 12:50:31 am »
i suck vs chase hardly, nerf him pls i want kill every 1  :o
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 01:00:04 am »

Finally something reasonable, +1

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »
+1
The difference between that and my argument is that ten archers could kill Chase without taking a hit, and ten physcho-pro infs could never hurt an archer who kept running.
BTW: I suck vs Blabkbow hardly, he never misses even when I do my best at dodging he nearly always hit me, and I approve of that, however, he shouldn't be able to just run forever and keep on shooting forever.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 03:42:02 pm »
Forget about any improvement on Throwing... Meow already told me once that there are no plans whatsoever to buff or improve it in any way. Guess we have to deal with it...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 03:44:06 pm »
A few tips/solutions:
Get a shield and make the archers run out into the open and get killed by cav.
Avoid the archer instead of trying to kill him, let teammate archers shoot him to death. Instead focus on killing all infantry and then finish the archers last.
Try sneaking behind him, but this wont work most of the times since they are usually aware.  :?
Get a decent number of athl, and a shield, run towards the archer and raise shield when needed but dont hold it up all the time since it slows you down alot. Keep doing this and you will eventually reach the archer or if you are slower there isn't much point in doing this unless you get a teammate to help or just want to keep the archer from shooting teammates which is pretty good too..

(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
+1
A few tips/solutions:
Get a shield and make the archers run out into the open and get killed by cav.
Avoid the archer instead of trying to kill him, let teammate archers shoot him to death. Instead focus on killing all infantry and then finish the archers last.
Try sneaking behind him, but this wont work most of the times since they are usually aware.  :?
Get a decent number of athl, and a shield, run towards the archer and raise shield when needed but dont hold it up all the time since it slows you down alot. Keep doing this and you will eventually reach the archer or if you are slower there isn't much point in doing this unless you get a teammate to help or just want to keep the archer from shooting teammates which is pretty good too..

(click to show/hide)
I don't want them being easy as fuck to kill, I just don't want them being uncatchable (I want them having an easier time getting somewhat decent melee wpf, want them to have increased accuracy, arrow speed, walking while shooting, etc, BUT I DO BELIEVE RUNNING FROM ALL THREATS EXCEPT THEIR OWN BUILD SHOULD BE RESERVED TO HAs, also, I already said any aware archer with some bellow-average skills got no issues with cav, not even me.
As I've said I'm a HT, also occasional just T, or T/P, I got an archer alt I play with occasionally, so I only got to go wild-goose-chasin' archers if I want to kill them 10-30% of the time.
Benkai that sucks :( hope there is still hope for my suggestion about archery though, I really think HAs are just being HAs because being a HA is cool, archers pretty much outdo them in every way currently.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:04:01 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:43 pm »
+1
Archers get caught on every single map. You constantly repeating that they can't be caught does not make it true. It may be true that YOUR build can't catch an archer, but so what? My build gets 1-shotted by anybody with more than 3 PS. Should I be complaining to nerf PS over 3 or buff archer hit points so that I don't die in 1 hit? No, I should get some armor, some STR, some IF, and STFU about it.

and I forgot the 'ol #5 - get a 1 wpf Xbow

You've got plenty of options to deal with the situation. You choose your build, learn to live with its limitations against other specific builds.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »
Archers get caught on every single map. You constantly repeating that they can't be caught does not make it true. It may be true that YOUR build can't catch an archer, but so what? My build gets 1-shotted by anybody with more than 3 PS. Should I be complaining to nerf PS over 3 or buff archer hit points so that I don't die in 1 hit? No, I should get some armor, some STR, some IF, and STFU about it.

and I forgot the 'ol #5 - get a 1 wpf Xbow

You've got plenty of options to deal with the situation. You choose your build, learn to live with its limitations against other specific builds.
Archers get caught in the end of the round once every single remaining other player on the enemies team is focusing on them (truth is quite a few rounds end with flags/draw due to retard runner never being cought by the eight players left), or they're stupid (turn around to shot on the archer shooting at them instead of fleeing fx) or they're not paying any attention, or they got ten cav lances charging at them and first see it to late to kill/dodge everyone of them., ofcourse 7+ ath players can catch some archers, if they wear no armor that is... And yeah, you shouldn't get onehit, you should be given the ability to fight some-what ok (not as good as a real melee guy,  but still) in melee.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:59:09 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »
Horse-thrower bump...
...Archer running is bullshiet!!!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 06:02:11 pm »
Throwing is pretty dangerous now, duno if it got buff again, but its very very deadly. Every time i see a thrower i have to ride away. 1 Jarid can took 70% of my hp and it's very very dangerous no joke. To me thrower are more dangerous than archers

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 06:06:23 pm »
Throwing is pretty dangerous now, duno if it got buff again, but its very very deadly. Every time i see a thrower i have to ride away. 1 Jarid can took 70% of my hp and it's very very dangerous no joke. To me thrower are more dangerous than archers
Reason a jarid takes that much is because you give them an insane speed bonus/they where ground throwers who got a good hit, HTs (who I'm suggesting a buff for) nearly never get good speed bonus', my main chance for getting kills as HT is trying to get lancers to make a frontal charge on me, then I chicken out after having thrown, as I said in OP when I'm chasing cav it takes 10+ jarids for the heavier horsies, I can max carry 12 jarids, that is with no melee sidearm/throwing lance, also, at least throwers are far easilier catchable than archers.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:23 pm »
+1
The fastest of archers will still be caught by the slowest of cavalry.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345