Poll

Should I keep this thread open?

a)   Yes, show some love on The Siege.
b)   Nop, let it die.
c)   Don't care honestly.

Author Topic: [EU Siege Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.  (Read 26493 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1102
  • Infamy: 2898
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: [Siege Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 02:46:47 pm »
Doesn't matter who, they are all connected to the hive mind. Would be a great idea to give the clan with a record full of bug abusing, exploiting and hacking have admin on the server where they are 20% of the population.

While I agree with the hivemind part, there still are some mature people in Grey Order like that Erasmas guy or whatever his name is. Of course that Harpag shouldn't be given admin powers and reason for that is pretty simple, he's not even playing siege as much he's playing battle. So it should be someone mature, responsible and active siege player. I'm sure even Grey Order have someone like that among their ranks...

You're also right about second thing but that's not how things work in c-rpg. For example, I remember that chadz threatened Ujin that he will ban the whole clan if they don't change their behaviour (have no idea what it was about but I remember when chadz posted and threatened). Today Ujin is admin and everything is cool between them. It seems that past deeds are easily forgotten in c-rpg so I really see no reason why someone from Grey order shouldn't be admin.

Main reason why I'm nominating one of them isn't because I like them (I don't), it's because they are very active siege clan. Mature and active players should be admins, inactive admin can be a cool dude but he's bad admin simply because he's not doing what he's chosen to do (playing the game and admining while playing).

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 03:13:40 pm »
Main reason why I'm nominating one of them isn't because I like them (I don't), it's because they are very active siege clan. Mature and active players should be admins, inactive admin can be a cool dude but he's bad admin simply because he's not doing what he's chosen to do (playing the game and admining while playing).
Besides from some of them, I never get a "sorry" or something like that when they teamkill me. The HRE guys are way more mature and there's always atleast one of them on eu2. Neresto would be a good choice, or perhaps Adalwulf, because he seems to be the most active.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 03:30:36 pm »
+1
leshma you did not approve me ,, i am dissapoint..  :cry:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 658
  • Infamy: 1062
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »
Well I rarely play siege, but I don't remember seing you there. Koldborn, Neresto and others I always find on siege server. If you're siege player of course you get +1 from me. You would be excellent admin for battle as well, we need someone who dislikes archery as much as I do :D

It's cool that they gave admin powers to Jacko and some other developers but they rarely use it (already mentioned Jack and Ozin, for example). We need really active and harsh admins. Thomek used to be epic admin before cmpx intervened changing some common rules which make pefect sense to everyone besides him...

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »
bamp 2 1st page

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:27 am »
  • Racism;

Who cares about racism, you can mute them. Geez, why so sensitive ?

Also Laufknoten, HRE is full of immature retards and i don't remember any situation where they said sorry after teamkilling me. No wonder you mentioned them, you are biased german.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:14:52 am by Lech »

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:03 am »
Who cares about racism, you can mute them. Geez, why so sensitive ?

Also Laufknoten, HRE is full of immature retards and i don't remember any situation where they said sorry after teamkilling me. No wonder you mentioned them, you are biased german.
Haha, I'm not a friend of them. :D They're boring like hell imo, that's why I think some of them would make good admins. It's just my experience.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 01:34:58 am »
Haha, I'm not a friend of them. :D They're boring like hell imo, that's why I think some of them would make good admins. It's just my experience.

Wait, should I be insulted?  =(

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 02:59:30 am »
Besides from some of them, I never get a "sorry" or something like that when they teamkill me. The HRE guys are way more mature and there's always atleast one of them on eu2. Neresto would be a good choice, or perhaps Adalwulf, because he seems to be the most active.

When I team hit or team kill I say Sorry if I'm not still engaged on a combat (obviously).
   If I see an instant M report, I won't even bother to reply, or if by chance I do, I speak my mind like I always do.

Kinda makes sense right?
(click to show/hide)

On a more On-topic side, let's just hope cmp, chadz and co. are able to get some free time in the near future to take this situation into review. The daily number of ban requests on the forum regarding Siege corroborate all these facts.

PS: Thanks Jacko and Randomdude for starting to give harsh and well deserved punishments to those who keep abusing the auto-balance exploitation. Little by Little, a better cRPG.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:11:38 am by karasu »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 03:19:18 pm »
If i had to suggest a grey  i would nominate Corrado (hope i got the right name). But he isnt very active anymore.
He´s probably one of the few greys HRE does like and i guess one of the few greys that have no bad feeling about HRE ;)

Like i told in the other thread neutral active players that are respected  by most players would be really cool.
Mala, Cora etc.
For myself i would do the job and like i tell the guys in hre not to do shit if i see it as an admin you cant decide cause of your clan who has to be banned
and who not. Everybody has to get the same punishment for the same cimes ;)

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:40 pm »
Wait, should I be insulted?  =(
Heck, I forgot to write that there are also cool admins like Randomdude. :D No really, you're one of the best admins! Which isn't hard, cause there are like only 3 admins on eu2 who do their job :lol:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 05:47:46 pm »
if you really wanted things admined properly, you seperate the admin pool out. Battle/Rageball on 1 admin set, Siege/Rageball on other. That way you can get measure who the active admins are and properly adjust. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Back on Community, they had it split into multiple admin server groups.(battle and seige) so that there could be proper admin accounting.(this was before NA official)

Don't see why that's so hard?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2012, 11:35:58 am »
+2
..if you really wanted things admined properly, you seperate the admin pool out..

So removing battle admin rights from some admins who prefer battle and leaving them with siege admin rights only would improve the overall situation.. how exactly? They'd suddenly play siege because they have admin rights there, even if they really prefer playing battle?

Recruiting more admins (perhaps with some weight put to where they prefer to play) is the only viable solution (besides fixing the obvious game mechanic flaws like autobalance abuse).

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2012, 03:37:14 pm »
Finally a sign that things are being taken into account.

Half of the thread objective is now achieved. Now only the other half for a better Siege, and cRPG.

Cheers Espu.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
Recruiting more admins (perhaps with some weight put to where they prefer to play) is the only viable solution (besides fixing the obvious game mechanic flaws like autobalance abuse).

It's not autobalancing abuse that is the problem. Problems are too weak wooden doors in first round (which in most cases means that attackers won first round) and lack of autobalance in first round. Nothing else.