Poll

Should I keep this thread open?

a)   Yes, show some love on The Siege.
b)   Nop, let it die.
c)   Don't care honestly.

Author Topic: [EU Siege Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.  (Read 26597 times)

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
Re: [Siege Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 07:38:35 pm »
+2
It's not autobalancing abuse that is the problem. Problems are too weak wooden doors in first round (which in most cases means that attackers won first round) and lack of autobalance in first round. Nothing else.

Lech its true that would be awesome. But as long as it isnt fixed, there is no reason to break rules that exist until its done.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 12:28:28 am »
bump to keep on 1st page.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 12:50:16 am »
+1
I admin in battle when I play battle I dont think it makes sense to have different admins for different modes.

There's probably a lot of guys who play siege that could do a good job of being an admin.

Lech, if there's rules in place then people should follow them. I agree that it's silly the 1st round doesnt have autobalance, but 70% of the community just gets on with it and plays. I love killing clan mates a little less than I love killing archers. Woe betide any ranged clan mates because my ultimate pleasure is to kill that person.

Also on the maps that dont have any wooden doors, the problem still persists.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:51:24 am by RandomDude »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:58 pm »
The problem is that siege is boring, and all you will find there are low levels getting xp without amassing a huge negative KDR, and polish/russians abusing those low level guys to keep a x5. The respawn timers are fail, the maps are mostly fail, but it doesnt matter: No matter HOW "nice" you make it, siege will always be where you go if you have no choice.

Cause, lets face it: Its not battle is it?
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2012, 05:55:50 pm »
Siege maps have always been rather iffy, I cannot recall  a single one I really like.  :(

Still as others have said there are some regular siege players that would probably do well in helping to keep the sever fun.

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 06:59:33 pm »
+1
This thread ain't about personal taste and opinions about the mod, but the single fact that it needs more supervision.

If it ever reaches a point where it has half the supervision battle mode has, I guess it's a big win in the Siege history.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 01:14:28 am »
+2

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
Re: [Siege/Conquest Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »
Renamed due to lolpatch.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 02:31:58 am »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 04:31:05 am »
Admin status isn't a reward, it's a duty. Some ex-admins renounced it cause they failed to understand that very fact.

All I want, and for sure everyone else, is some quality time and peace of mind when playing in Siege, like we have in battle with those constant 3+ admins. It's not like we're asking the impossible.

Cheers

Alrighty. I agree that you need Siege Admins. I play Battle. That isn't going to change. I have switched to the Siege server to deal with a troublemaker when someone logs onto battle and asks me to give them a hand. But I almost never log on there on purpose. They need to choose a couple from the Siege pool.

But I'm going to correct your mis-perception. Admins renounce it because they get burned out. Your statement that they suffered under some childish misconception of what being an Admin entails is just plain insulting to those people who spent a lot of their playtime chasing down kids who can't just play the game without stirring up a bunch of crap. They get tired of being killed at the beginning of a round while in the Admin menu trying to address a situation or go to spec to witness someone violating the rules. (No play that round) They get tired of people who aren't Admins and have no idea of the restrictions they operate under spamming the Admin channel with insults because they don't like the Admins response or punishment for infractions. (No, we can't just take your word for it) In short, I don't think you quite get exactly what an active Admin is doing. Many times, it isn't playing the game.
You can call it a duty, but when a player wants to get in 20 minutes of fun (even an Admin plays this game for fun) and spends those 20 minutes not playing, and then to top it off has to listen to the complaints and gripes from either the person who was punished or the person who didn't think the punishment was enough; Yeah, they get burnt out and it has nothing to do with "failing to understand that it isn't a reward".

Maybe think about that before you start slinging stones.

(P.S. - it isn't 3+ constant Admins on NA Battle either. It's a 24 hour server and there are definitely times when I'm the only one around.)
(P.S.S. - @ the Admins need to be harsh comments- Hand out a first time 3 day ban without giving a warning. See how that goes down for you in the Admin forums okay? Would you like it if that 3 day ban was yours?)
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 11:57:34 am »
   First of all, I've got to thank you for your feedback.

I'd like to start, that this was firstly targeted at the EU community Siege Mode situation, then after some feedbacks regarding the same situation in NA part, I decided to make it sort of Global, but please take into consideration that I don't know the NA background, had to take it on faith on those feedbacks (by admins too).

But I'm going to correct your mis-perception. Admins renounce it because they get burned out. Your statement that they suffered under some childish misconception of what being an Admin entails is just plain insulting to those people who spent a lot of their playtime chasing down kids who can't just play the game without stirring up a bunch of crap. They get tired of being killed at the beginning of a round while in the Admin menu trying to address a situation or go to spec to witness someone violating the rules. (No play that round) They get tired of people who aren't Admins and have no idea of the restrictions they operate under spamming the Admin channel with insults because they don't like the Admins response or punishment for infractions. (No, we can't just take your word for it) In short, I don't think you quite get exactly what an active Admin is doing. Many times, it isn't playing the game.
You can call it a duty, but when a player wants to get in 20 minutes of fun (even an Admin plays this game for fun) and spends those 20 minutes not playing, and then to top it off has to listen to the complaints and gripes from either the person who was punished or the person who didn't think the punishment was enough; Yeah, they get burnt out and it has nothing to do with "failing to understand that it isn't a reward".

Maybe think about that before you start slinging stones.

First of all, in under no circumstance I intended on bashing those of you who actually act as the admins they are, aux contraire, I take off my hat to them every time I can and make sure they get that positive feedback from us, the peasantry that fills the database and makes the mod alive.
The higher ups know who I was talking about and I have no intent on saying it publicly, for respect sake.

Admins get burned down? As certain as saying 1+1==2. But that is what actually means to be a game admin: to be ready to lose both game time and fun while being targeted as a villain when the harsh decisions have to be made.
It's not a walk in the park, and if one fails to understand it, then he'll never be a good game admin, or even one at all.

Don't misunderstand my intentions and fact selection, there are really those who had stepped up to the job with only second intentions, and that is extremely sad and negative to the whole mod. But this isn't what the thread is all about so it dies here.

(P.S. - it isn't 3+ constant Admins on NA Battle either. It's a 24 hour server and there are definitely times when I'm the only one around.)

As I said before, this was intended at first to EU scene only, and it's a sad reality there. Can't say the same about NA.

(P.S.S. - @ the Admins need to be harsh comments- Hand out a first time 3 day ban without giving a warning. See how that goes down for you in the Admin forums okay? Would you like it if that 3 day ban was yours?)

This is completely out of topic, and I ask you to keep on topic please.

Thanks in advance, best regards,
kold

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »
I nominate the OP.

I like him very much.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 10:36:43 pm »
I also nominate Koldborn, keeper of the most sexy weapons (seriously a +3 SoW AND a +3 Long Dagger, man I'm green, green, green with jealousy) as Admin. As an almost exclusive siege player I thank you for bringing to light the various issues that plague my favorite gamemode on an almost daily basis in a concise and intelligent manner.

+1 to you.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:38:28 pm by Count_RisArch »
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 08:38:18 pm »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:40:18 pm by karasu »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »
+1
So I read every page, and I would just like to commend the OP, despite some melancholy, on keeping a cool head and addressing everyone's concerns in such a kind manner. I really hope your goals, which also shared by many, can be fulfilled. 

I haven't played literally for ages, so I can't say. But I do remember siege being ridden with abuse of a lot of the rules which in battle would result in serious punishment.

I would also like to state that I'm almost exclusively a battle player, it's what I burn for and it's what I enjoy. But as a fellow cRPGer I wish all members of the community equal rights to playing the game without being forced to endure griefing or witness people abusing the autobalance. It kinda upsets me, to be honest.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.