Poll

Should I keep this thread open?

a)   Yes, show some love on The Siege.
b)   Nop, let it die.
c)   Don't care honestly.

Author Topic: [EU Siege Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.  (Read 26410 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: [Siege Mode] Recruit Admin(s) to Siege Mode servers.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:14 pm »
Thanks for the feedbacks, and specially to Thomek's feedback, good to see some admins actually talking out.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:29 am »
bmp

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »
:(
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 10:19:53 pm »
So no higher up feedback? Nothing? Niente? Nada?    :?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 12:18:06 am »
So no higher up feedback? Nothing? Niente? Nada?    :?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 03:53:42 am »
Alright Koldborn Who would you nominate for this except yourself?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 11:37:18 am »
   Honestly I'm fed up with those jokes Thomek. Wanted to help > community gave me a surprisingly huge support and feedback > devs/admins/etc ignored and gave me a simple feedback in private that was completely laughable > the community loses. Next.

I really know this is an important subject for a vast part of the community (taking in account that most of it don't use the forum and still talk about it ingame), and all I got was your "happy joke moment" and silence from the rest.

People shouldn't have to be nominated, specially when there are those willing to do "the boring non-playgame time part which is being admin". That's why this was created by that time: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22848.0.html
   By simply going over the names without much attention there are a couple of names that mostly play Siege Mode.

This thread will stay up as long as you find it proper, information is there for everyone.

Best wishes to cRPG and community overall,
André.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »
It wasn't a joke.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2762
  • Infamy: 949
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:06 pm »
For EU siege admins I nominate Koldborn, Mala, Neresto and some Grey guy (let them decide who's the best for that role).

I think all four should become admins because they mostly play siege and siege need admins badly.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:03 am »
It wasn't a joke.

Sorry then, emotionless typing misleads too often.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 04:13:22 am »
I play battle and siege, and really enjoy siege because honestly, as much as I go for the objective, it's fun to have a place where I can re-spawn and essentially TDM. The only time I really see admins on NA_2 is when I get Marathon to play there, if he's even still an admin (not entirely sure but I think so). I was willing to play on siege more often if made admin in the last round of polling, but I guess I wasn't considered despite pulling in the popular vote NA side.

Maybe it's because of my bad habit of posting in the Ban/Unban section and subsequent warnings :3
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 05:19:14 am »
+5
i have to say my patience for siege becomes less and less as time goes on

you can be a harsh bastard and give ppl 3 day bans for first time offences but there's no end, and it's not even fun 60% of the time to play siege for me

I have seen other admins playing siege more and more but it needs 24/7 constant nanny supervision.

Also plenty of times I have been asked to spec a player and I can spec them for 2 rounds and never see anything wrong. On those times when I just note a name and dont instally ban a guy for something I never saw, I guess it looks like Im doing nothing.

Im sure my love for siege will return but when it does the players have to realise that siege will always be the noob-fest of crpg. It's the only game mode that allows multiple respawn. I would imagine 100's of players hate sitting in spec after one death, especially when they're new and learning the game. With new players comes all the silly stuff like griefing and raging and team wounding just because they think they can get away with it.

I banned a guy recently for team wounding. He's new. He's been bitching for days about this and that in crpg. I saw him tw someone, waited to see what happened and he followed the guy he hit and hit him again. The guy who got hit became pissed and turned around ready to fight back but saw me stood there and knew I was gonna ban this noob.

One story about one guy, and there's a dozen like him every week most likely.

So, having talked crap for most of this post I would say that yes we need more admins on siege, and they have to be prepared for a lot of crap, and the players have to accept that even with 10 admins online in siege at the same time, we're not gonna see every incident.

Nuffen just took ppl's word for things that happened. I have done that on maybe 2 occasions, from people who I feel have integrity and it's not something I will do 99% of the time so asking me to ban a guy when I wasnt around wont happen.

SS or vids of people clearly breaking the rules on siege are welcome - post them in the ban section and pm me and I will definately look at them. SS are really only useful for catching ppl avoing auto balance imo. Vids of people team wounding intentionally are gold dust.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:26:48 am by RandomDude »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:47 am »
good to see some feedback from someone that actually does admining on siege.  The problem is most punishments are far too lenient, admins let the same asshats back in time and again. Repeat offenders really need double-quadruple the punishment of a first time offender, otherwise everyone will just keep breaking the rules and take their typical 24h timeout which changes nothing.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 01:59:37 pm »
and some Grey guy (let them decide who's the best for that role).
Doesn't matter who, they are all connected to the hive mind. Would be a great idea to give the clan with a record full of bug abusing, exploiting and hacking have admin on the server where they are 20% of the population.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »
   Thanks for your feedback randomd00d, it's always good to everyone to actually see what the admins think of how things are working, what could be done, etc. (Dr.Phil Mode: OFF)

There's one simple point that everyone forgets. The simple presence of an admin on a server, reduces A LOT the risk of sad occurrences. This has been tested over and over again, and it's a given fact.

Siege will always need by far, more rigorous and present administration. Like it is now, there's an huge weight into 2 admins, while 6 other have a jolly good time on battle server (which I understand, not criticizing).

The mode has the tools to be the most enjoyable mode in the game for obvious reasons, but not the means.

Thanks again randm, cheers.