Author Topic: Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.  (Read 2570 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »
+2
Dont know if people have already made threads similar to this one, ifso , sorry.

I would like to suggest adding a second option to the killing your alt and transfer heirlooms to your main lvl 5.
Since heirloom prices on the market have reached an all time high, it is near impossible for people like me (1 mil away from 34 , and shit no im not gonna retire ever) to buy them unless we go full retard and basicly semi leech in crap gear. what i suggest is adding the option of paying ~50k gold for the heirloom transfer whiles killing your alt, instead of having to be lvl 5... morally seen i think this is pretty fair, since the player is still doing all the work for his heirloom, + paying a pretty big fee to transfer it.
please let me know why this would be a bad/unfair idea.

greetings,

rufio

*edit:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

so ye this is the basics of what i mean what will happen on alt killing for heirlooms to main.

prediction of effect it will have :

New players / currently still retireing players : will get an extra income boost.
High lvl players ( 32+): will be motivated to play on alts / lower lvls
Market will become more vibrant, with high lvl players  choosing to heirloom trade / or sell theyr heirlooms to make money for high end gear upkeap, while low lvl mains will have More money to buy on the side to.
The gap between new players and old players will close in faster.
Overall a more dynamic experience for the whole playerbase, with a higher reward feeling.

feel free to comment on flaws / ad idea's to this basic system.
Think for yourself and how you and the rest of the playerbase would be affected by this system, if it would improve or worsen the overall player experience of crpg.
But plz dont start guessing on what a developers train of thought was and use that as an argument against this idea, if many people think this would be great for crpg, devs will eventually give theyr own oppinion to it, its not up to you to philosophise on theyr thoughts.
thanks in advance for your input.

greetings,
 rufio
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:25:24 pm by rufio »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:26 pm »
Probably not an option, as too many high level characters aren't wanted, hence that low level needed to transfer.

I'm not opposed though.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:56:54 pm »
Probably not an option, as too many high level characters aren't wanted, hence that low level needed to transfer.

This , it's actually people 's fault who make those alts anyway.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:06:29 pm »

I'm not opposed though.

i fail to see the logic here.... if things stay as they currently are, im just gonna play on my main in cheap ass gear and grind up gold. thus il stay playing on high lvl. on the other hand if the option is implemented, i will actually level up alts and retire on them for the heirlooms, thus i will be playing as a low lvl most of the time... alot of people fail to see that the stat difference between a lvl 31 and 34 is pretty insignificant compared to the huge ammount of time put into the grind, basicly 8 generations..  i also think implementing this will get the market healthyer again

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »
As stated by chadz, there might or might not be a one time sacrifice for 31+ mains.
Else I would not expect changes to the system except upping the required main level to 30 or lower.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:15:02 pm »
why? why ... why.. why this hate towards probably your most hardcore players... why

we put all the time into it, and the lvling system already makes time vs statgain  really unattractive,  and you still proceed to middlefinger us even more with these restrictions on  alt trading.... :(

the player still needs to stick the same ammount of time into lvling these heirlooms.... i understand that this might have been seen as a quick temporary fix to some thought up problem of lvl ballance : / but still as stated its an inaffective fix  and it just makes players like myself feel disadvantedged towards the people who like hoarding heirlooms...  and once they get theyr full set +xtras they can jsut lvl up to 34 to... i dont see the diffrence between first getting your heirlooms and then lvling to cap, or lvling to cap and then lvling up alts for heirlooms its the same process with same time input only turned arround...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:26:49 pm by rufio »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 01:25:27 pm »
Well, I am not sure it's the intention behind it but IIRC the whole point of the system change was to prevent the gap between new players and old players getting too big.
So hardcore level 35/36 build are not really desired.

Not sure that is the reason but I remember reading something along those lines and just because some people decide they want that anyhow we will not change the system.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 01:25:38 pm »
I don't really consider playing in normal gear at level 30 or above as "grinding".  To me grinding is playing at low level or in crap gear since you are gimping your build in order to gain cash, looms or XP.  I therefore don't really think the time taken to get to level 34 from level 30 should mean anything for this argument.

You chose to stop retiring long before the heirloom transfer was ever implemented and also before you had gained a full set of looms.  To me this means you have actually spent less time grinding and the current rules are therefore fair.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 01:36:10 pm »
let me put it this way,, the stat gain i gained from lvling are nothing compared to the 8 heirloom points i could have gotten out of this, oh ye i lvled to 34 twice before did i mention that? and respecced afew times to.. dont feel like doing that over again,, i dont see how me lvling up heirlooms on alts for this main is unfair whatsoever to whomever, it actually will give a result devs seemingly are looking for = me not playing on my high lvl main but on alts...  like i stated my only other option is to grind up the money in cheap gear... i just thought this idea was pretty logical and reasonably fair towards everyone, and tbh i still havent had eny clear arguments as to why this should not be implemented ...

*also before i didnt care alot about heirlooms , only mywep, but now since new heirloom model packs are comming out, it has retriggered my interest.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:42:42 pm by rufio »

Offline Berren

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »
rufio you are right  :D

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »
It is unfair cause people would only play on alts and the main character would be only a ''fun'' or ''grind'' character.

Your main character gets better while not using it? That's crap.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 02:20:08 pm »
well still its all the same persone doing the work, and there is an extra fee to pay to componsate

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2641
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »
Meow, you're one of us. Don't let them have their way. Crush those silly devs who don't even play their own game regularly.

Power to the players, down with inactive cmpx!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:04 pm »
bump bump, this shit needs to get in :3 unless good argument is given against it

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »

You've got the argument. And this is kind of the heaviest arguments, cause it is developer of the mod who set that rule. And believe me, he did it on purpose.

/lock?