Author Topic: Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.  (Read 2571 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: Alt heirloom transfer for x ammount of gold as extra option.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »
that argument is kinda irrelivant ... if you read thread, since people justwill choose to keep high lvl and grind gold.... thus argument'' gone tada

the real question is , 1was this transfer option put there to trick high lvls into loosing all theyr hard earned xp ? or 2was it put in to actually improve the player experience ?: so that you could play on  alt characters and on your main and when you retired main , you could then also lvl the rest of your alt  and then retire that to, thus efficiently getting more looms whils playing different classes ?( but ye then we return to  the question of how fair is this... like stated earlier in this thread, they grind up theyr loomed set and then lvl to max/high lvls. why is the otherway arround such a crime?if you have to pay an extra pretty big fee for the transfer)

if it is the first, then yes i understand that they wont implement this pretty logical and fair suggestion i have. if the second i dont see why they shouldnt implement this.

and i will add also that this whole trail of thought or ''theory'' of not having tomuch high lvls will make it nicer for newcomers, is pretty damn flawed, i mean its not the lvl thats gonna matter its the player skill... crpg has a badass hard learning curve, 4/5 levels difference on players isnt gonna make a significant inpact, its the damn skill level and combat awareness.  a far more logical and effective way to make it smoother for newcommers is to have 1 or more '' newbie servers''' where noobs can go and get used to crpg , and then test theyr might on the stronger servers: ofc its jsut an idea , and how to keep it fair hasnt been thought out yet :3
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:57:21 pm by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »
Well I'd like to see something done with alt character's gold. One of my alts I play more than my main and once I retire my main I'm going to sacrifice my alt. The alt does however have 400k gold which is just going to disappear, thing is it's pretty much wasted gold, sure the looms are more important but 400k is a lot of cash.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 10:37:31 pm »
well an awnser could be that if your below lvl 5 on your main you can get the full ammount of earned money transfered to , and when your 5+ / 50%, 31 + you get 20% ?

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:21 pm »
That could work.

Offline FeddyDK

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • TRY NOT! DO or DO NOT, There is no try !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Finnbogi
!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 07:21:02 am »
+1
 :arrow:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:36:13 am by FeddyDK »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:31 am »
thats all nice and well, the matter of fact is , if the devs want to achieve people playing on lower lvl's , they should implement this. and like i said many times before  its still the players time, and with this ''idea'' the high lvl player will be sacrificing way more to get those looms then the one still retireing on his main. imo its just more fair towards the player base as a whole, and will keep the game interessting, specially now that : new gear is comming out , new heirloom models are comming out... the game is changing , the content is getting bigger, the heirloom system can also change with it imo...

*also : i say no because i think that devs did this because of whine is not a solid argument imo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:56:00 am by rufio »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:55 am »

NO

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 12:24:14 pm »
I'd say is fair to have a 1-time sacrifice option for alts with 30+ level players. Actually, someone who has gone max level before the sacriface thing, has had no option to transfer their looms to the main, and keeping it a 1-time, would prevent it from exploiting.

So please devs, 1-time sacrifice for any level player. And to avoid further exploting, disabling it the first time you sacrifice an alt (being level 5- or not), and therefore, being disabled on people that has already sacrificed an alt. If not, someone could still be retiring an alt many times before sacrificing it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:25:24 pm by RiPLeY_II »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 12:44:01 pm »
i dont see why this is exploiting ? i think i need to make some inforgraph or sumthiing for people to understand , that the system im proposing  will make the sacrifice made by the high lvls way higher then somone retiring on his main, i just think this would be a step in keeping the diversety in this game , because people who have lvld to 34 or higher will not retire on that character whatever you think, so theyr only option to get heirlooms is to grind gold.. i think a system where u can transfer heirlooms from alto to main at high cost is more then decent. but ye il make a flowchart or sumthing to show u what i mean

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »
i dont see why this is exploiting ? i think i need to make some inforgraph or sumthiing for people to understand , that the system im proposing  will make the sacrifice made by the high lvls way higher then somone retiring on his main, i just think this would be a step in keeping the diversety in this game , because people who have lvld to 34 or higher will not retire on that character whatever you think, so theyr only option to get heirlooms is to grind gold.. i think a system where u can transfer heirlooms from alto to main at high cost is more then decent. but ye il make a flowchart or sumthing to show u what i mean

It's exploiting, i'll explain.

case a) To play in the normal way, not going max level, you sacrifice actually playing on 31+ levels, you'll always play with a maximum lvl30 character, and getting looms in exchange.

case b) If you go max level, you sacrifice getting looms, so you get an overall more powerful character in exchange of not getting looms.

The way you propose, allows someone to go max level, and when they top a reasonable level (say 34 or 35), provide your main with tons of looms, playing with your alts. Even if it comes at a cost of money (50k is RIDICULOUS for a transfer), and if it's more expensive the situation is the same, because then a "loom for gold" thingy is implemented, so ther's no need for market ..... and no interaction between players ..... So what you get is a max level character that can get maximum looms ... that's what is not sought after. If you want to do that ..... use the market, it's not that easy as you propose but that's because ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY TO GO MAX LEVEL AND MAX LOOMS AND GET EVERY BENEFIT FROM THE GAME.

Anyway, as I said, the actual system get a disadvantage for people that leveled an alt BEFORE sacrifice was implemented and went max level BEFORE sacrifice was implemented, as they have "lost alts" with looms. If you went max level AFTER sacrifice was implemented, you could retire your main one last time, sacrifice all your alts, and get all your looms and go max level. That opportunity was lost if you went max level before the sacrifice thing.

So, to get things equal, a 1-time sacrifice for "any-level" characters should be implemented.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:07:44 pm by RiPLeY_II »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 01:29:09 pm »
+1

so ye this is the basics of what i mean what will happen on alt killing for heirlooms to main.

prediction of effect it will have :

New players / currently still retireing players : will get an extra income boost.
High lvl players ( 32+): will be motivated to play on alts / lower lvls
Market will become more vibrant, with high lvl players  choosing to heirloom trade / or sell theyr heirlooms to make money for high end gear upkeap, while low lvl mains will have More money to buy on the side to.
The gap between new players and old players will close in faster.
Overall a more dynamic experience for the whole playerbase, with a higher reward feeling.

feel free to comment on flaws / ad idea's to this basic system.
Think for yourself and how you and the rest of the playerbase would be affected by this system, if it would improve or worsen the overall player experience of crpg.
But plz dont start guessing on what a developers train of thought was and use that as an argument against this idea, if many people think this would be great for crpg, devs will eventually give theyr own oppinion to it, its not up to you to philosophise on theyr thoughts.
thanks in advance for your input.

greetings,
 rufio
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:11:04 pm by rufio »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 02:31:40 pm »
I definetivly DONT wnat this option.
Every way how to play this game has his up- and downsides, even ur way Rufio.
I dont think this lvl 32+ people have to get even better than they are atm.
If you feel like u need to go the hardcore way, go it ! But dont expect everything to be perfect for you then.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »
ok thanks for your input , although your arguments arent solid ones imo.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »

so ye this is the basics of what i mean what will happen on alt killing for heirlooms to main.

prediction of effect it will have :

New players / currently still retireing players : will get an extra income boost.
High lvl players ( 32+): will be motivated to play on alts / lower lvls
Market will become more vibrant, with high lvl players  choosing to heirloom trade / or sell theyr heirlooms to make money for high end gear upkeap, while low lvl mains will have More money to buy on the side to.
The gap between new players and old players will close in faster.
Overall a more dynamic experience for the whole playerbase, with a higher reward feeling.

feel free to comment on flaws / ad idea's to this basic system.
Think for yourself and how you and the rest of the playerbase would be affected by this system, if it would improve or worsen the overall player experience of crpg.
But plz dont start guessing on what a developers train of thought was and use that as an argument against this idea, if many people think this would be great for crpg, devs will eventually give theyr own oppinion to it, its not up to you to philosophise on theyr thoughts.
thanks in advance for your input.

greetings,
 rufio

You are priceless as a seer... please give me the next lottery prize number!!!

Note: no, i won't buy it ...

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 03:38:49 pm »
i see you have put thought into this and have good arguments on why these predictions are flawed, good sir thank you for your helpfull input , i am very gratefull for a person this smart to share his insight on this topic.