Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53197 times)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: archery..
« Reply #960 on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:09 pm »
+3
Alright, well if we are saying that Kills don't mean anything, then what is everyone's answer to the posted total damage dealt stats released a month or so ago that showed archery (specifically bows) dealing about 9% of the total damage for both EU and NA... How are you interpreting that?

It's clear that there was a misprint. Archers do 90% of damage, 3% go to postaggers and lancers, 2% to xbows, 1% to 1handers, 0,5% for throwers, 0.2% go to 2H cavalry. Did I forget someone?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #961 on: May 10, 2012, 11:14:23 pm »
Noone important

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #962 on: May 10, 2012, 11:54:17 pm »
"Numbers dont count" That was their new argument. That stats thread + what we see in scoreboards, brings it all out in the open. But people dont like ranged, plain and simple, so bullshit shall fly.

Exactly, they just make up shit.

I like the crap about an archer that will get close to a shielder and then step around the shield and kill them.

Bullshit! There is an "auto-stun" that disrupts and STUNS the archer automatically when someone is close to them. They can't even switch to a melee weapon. So NO, you can't draw, turn, and move past the shield in a quick move because you get auto-kick stunned. Oh wait, I guess you could from 5 feet away if the shielder is AFK....

All these kiting bullshit claims are coming from over a year ago. You can't "kite" someone and shoot at them without them gaining on you unless you are the 27/6 builds with 0 athletics running around in plate or if the archer is already 100 yards away. That's not KITING. That's shooting your dumb, can't be arsed to get athletics, dodge or use terrain adequately ass at range. You deserve to be shot for being a strength crutching no athletics whiner baby  :lol: I'm sure you use crutchthrough too  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #963 on: May 11, 2012, 12:01:52 am »
+1
Nah I think its 9 %. Thing is everyone using a bow right now just sucks massive dick. EVERYONE. As we all know bows are the most destructing force this game has to offer but all archers we have atm are, without a doubt, noobs. Melee players who complain about archery COULD EASILY pick up ranged weapons and dominate the battlefield 24/7 if they WANTED TO. But they dont because its boring and too easy. They dont even do it in strat because even when they could conquer whole landscapes just with bows in hand, they just dont, because its not fun to own everyone without any effort. So the only reason archers dont top the scoreboard right now is because they are all gay nub my old friends, OBVIOUSLY !!!!

I mean if they would make arrows hitscan no one would notice really because it already is like this right now anyway. You also need to keep in mind that archers have no counter. NO COUNTER. A shielder might have godmode as long as he is smart enough to hold down rmb but otherwise they have just no counter. Archers can even fuck with your mind, so even when you know the worst time to lower your shield is when they just have drawn their bow, you still do it, because they apparently can play some jedi mind trick shit on you and you will lower your shield anyway. How fair is that ? And also what the fuck is up with them being able to run faster than tincans although they just wear some cloth ? I mean bows are AT LEAST as heavy as 3 plated chargers ... pfff nerf balance that shit already.

After all I think my 2h-hero-actionbundle of sticks-build should be able to own everyone and when archers shoot at me its no fair !!!

(click to show/hide)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #964 on: May 11, 2012, 12:17:56 am »
Are you all blind, Rufio has always a shield with him. (Mostly on his back but when targeted he draws it)

Thing is i wouldn't nerf archery on its own either. But considering that 50-70 % of the players are either dedicated ranged or hybrid with sorts of ranged, at times it is just a joke to see it.

Anyone who doesn't see that, again are you blind or blindly ignorant?

1. Xbows are my favourit: i come closer then ten feet and shots go straight through the shield ...
2. followed by an armada of archers hording somewhere on a hill and as soon as one of them runs crying away"inf from behind" they spread out like wildfire and are all over you
3. the close combat throwers: close like within 5 feet only to get out of range of your weapon and you need to focus on the other dude in his company ... bam another throwing stuff in your side or back

(1. is in my eyes OP and needs to be changed, 2-3 are depending on the player and his personal skill level)

So again in terms of balancing i believe most things concidered ranged seems ok atm, but still there are sooooo many of you dudes playing "pew pew" that at times it is just not fun anymore.

.... wtf i just noticed 65 pages ... no i wont read all that ... nooooooooo

edit: 4th the close combat head shot archers ... unsettling
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:19:22 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2620
  • Infamy: 1674
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:41 am »
Many things are OP in your eyes...

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #966 on: May 11, 2012, 12:27:39 am »
Many things i have to say without saying anything...
corrected that for you
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #967 on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:26 am »
1. Xbows are my favourit: i come closer then ten feet and shots go straight through the shield ...

You are using Elite Cavalry Shield, right (I also guess its loomed)? In native it was/is possible to get close xbow shots through normal and bad board shields, though a heavy crossbow was needed. So I guess there is a chance that a Heavy Crossbow and Arbalest is able to get shots through a shield on a close distant sometimes.
Didn't know it was possible with that shield though...
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #968 on: May 11, 2012, 12:39:35 am »
I just thought ...

All these people complaining about being unable to counter everyone in the game and then complaining on the forums, what do these people do in other games ? If they play a generic shooter like e.g. battlefield, are they running up to a tank as a medic and try to destroy it with a knife ? And when they get killed in the process do they send hatemails to dice, demanding knifes being able to destroy tanks because tanks have NO COUNTER and its no fair ?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 11, 2012, 12:43:34 am »
Rumblood and Xynox, not sure if serious.

2. followed by an armada of archers hording somewhere on a hill and as soon as one of them runs crying away"inf from behind" they spread out like wildfire and are all over you
3. the close combat throwers: close like within 5 feet only to get out of range of your weapon and you need to focus on the other dude in his company ... bam another throwing stuff in your side or back

1. Weird, maybe it was a forcefield flicker, or he hit you in the foot.

2. Yep, 1 shielder should tottaly be able to own several archers.

3. Again, it's tottaly unfair that you're getting killed by a pair of coordinated players.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #970 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:07 am »
I sure do wish I can try to attack archers as shielder though. I mostly rely on protection against them while I focus on fighting other infantry.

At least more than 1/2 of the time when I am left against an archer, he shoots my shield (knightly heater) enough for it to break (usually half hp by then usually if things go well). It's better for me to hide than chase.

I think archery is pretty good at rewarding high skill when the need calls for it. I would find it very odd for ranged to get anywhere near melee damage when you aren't going to be in the heat of the fight most of the time, and a single sword slash damage > bow damage usually.

I do wish there was some reasonably light, very durable and fast shield with great coverage. Sometimes I feel like it'll be easier to dodge arrows with the increased agility rather than hold my knightly heater and get hit slightly to my sides/over my shoulder and on my foot all day while I move very slowly.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2012, 12:51:09 am »
I remember once on Port Assault I was on the docks and Jacko was in a boat (level beneath me) and I held my board shield up (PROPERLY UP) and he shot me IN THE HEAD somehow as if the bolt went over my shield.  :shock:
Professional poop cleaner

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #972 on: May 11, 2012, 02:00:59 am »
Hitting around the shield thing can be a really tiresome argument since shielders will focus on times where they were hit over their shield, and archers will focus on times where they thought an arrow should have hit and the shielder blocked.

I for one thinks it's already annoying enough to get hit on the sides, so I don't want to use too much effort moving my shield (and in effect my camera) every which way to block arrows in front of me or slightly off. But you can also say that if one gets higher shield skill than 5, like 6-7+ that problem occurs less so in the end I accept getting hit around shield sometimes.

Offline H3ADSH0T

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 11, 2012, 02:14:29 am »
Archery is treated too numerically in my eyes. An arrow fired from any bow is going to FUCKING KILL YOU. All too often I hit a guy for the 3rd time and he's still rampaging. inb4 crpg hero simulator.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #974 on: May 11, 2012, 02:23:16 am »
Rumblood and Xynox, not sure if serious.

1. Weird, maybe it was a forcefield flicker, or he hit you in the foot.

Crossbows can legitimately punch through shields if they are strong enough.  Generally it happens in close range when the xbowmen aims at the center of the shield.

The bolt does reduced damage though.  I've never seen it happen for a bow, but xbows yeah.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345