Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53173 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: archery..
« Reply #525 on: April 02, 2012, 12:16:41 pm »
+2
we also pretend that archery dousnt have the rest of the game on theyr side:

Here we go, random bullshit time.

...slow movement in general , specially on slopes, stun when hit by eny arrow...

Its true, when carrying bow and arrows you do go slow, they very heavy, combine that with no armour so as to not loose 100% of our wpf, archers take big damage from projectiles.

...no diversity in cover or the ability to take cover...

Yeah, it DOES suck, there being no trees, walls, fences, teammates, buildings, shields, hills...

...the ability to block as effectively as eny melee character...

True, love blocking with my bow, its so good.

...higher body damage then melee with same builds, extremely higher headhit damage.

Yeah its true, 1 hit every 30 seconds is actually MORE dmg than being able to spam a melee weapon, not drastically less like common sense tell you.

...the priveledge to chosse your fighting ground...

Yeah I totally forgot how when you equip GLA they keyboard turns off, and your toon auto walks towards rangers...

...the potential to have a near constant damage out put, the potential to pick off targets together.

Yeah I forgot how melee can only attack once every 3-5 seconds, and 50% of your attacks just randomly fly off to the side or travel directly through your target, and how melee is not able to gank like ranged can...wait...what? You make me rofl as usual Rufio ;D good job.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2012, 12:22:31 pm »
+2
yes and you again succeed in totally interpeting the arguments mentioned in your own way, and giving the most retarded awnsers possible , good sir i applaud you for keeping up your consistansy in looking like an idiot, good day

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2012, 12:29:59 pm »
+1
nerf archery

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2012, 12:49:31 pm »
+2
nerf archers

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #529 on: April 02, 2012, 01:08:08 pm »
last week on eu1 mostly we play infantry city maps or cav fields, and last week I see same or even more cavalry on server then ranged.(at evening)
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #530 on: April 02, 2012, 02:16:37 pm »
I see lots of 2h'ers on here  :rolleyes:
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 02, 2012, 02:19:04 pm »
OP as hell , nerf nerf nerf!!
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #532 on: April 02, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »
I see lots of 2h'ers on here  :rolleyes:

il just go in this thread and post a comment i think is pretty witty, hihi, but i wont post enything near relevence because i dont want people to realise im not such a witty person afterall.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #533 on: April 02, 2012, 05:45:36 pm »
il just go in this thread and post a comment i think is pretty witty, hihi, but i wont post enything near relevence because i dont want people to realise im not such a witty person afterall.

8-)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #534 on: April 02, 2012, 06:25:01 pm »
I recently noticed a few archers who Ive never seen before or who were playing melee classes as far as I can remember. I took pleasure of running up to them and bumping them with bow in hand or killing them with point blank shots while dancing around them to show how OP bows really are. I think I got killed only once before touching them out of dozents and dozents of approaches. And that was because a tree was blocking me that I thought I could step over.

Offline HUSTLER

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 04, 2012, 02:46:05 pm »
Achery is fine...  :?

Its the fact that they can run an shoot people with no problems that makes the class obnoxious an disgusting  :rolleyes:

If they changed it so you cant draw while running or if they changed the weight on bows the problem would be gone.

Its a known fact that most archers dont carry melee weapons because they only need a crappy 0 slot weapon to block if they get caught unaware.. they then block 2 hits an starts running an kill their victim while its trying to catch him :(
Stop nerfing shit, learn to counter a weapons strengths and learn some tactics.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2012, 04:20:02 pm »
Achery is fine...  :?

Its the fact that they can run an shoot people with no problems that makes the class obnoxious an disgusting  :rolleyes:

If they changed it so you cant draw while running or if they changed the weight on bows the problem would be gone.

Its a known fact that most archers dont carry melee weapons because they only need a crappy 0 slot weapon to block if they get caught unaware.. they then block 2 hits an starts running an kill their victim while its trying to catch him :(

Maybe you should get your facts right before posting crap...

Archers take a 0slot weapon cause it is the only thing they can wear if they want to have more than 17 or 20 arrows with a 2slot bow  :rolleyes:   And those who use a 1slot bow usually have a melee weapon with which they can fight

Offline HUSTLER

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »
Maybe you should get your facts right before posting crap...

Archers take a 0slot weapon cause it is the only thing they can wear if they want to have more than 17 or 20 arrows with a 2slot bow  :rolleyes:   And those who use a 1slot bow usually have a melee weapon with which they can fight

Most of em use the horn bow why would they use a melee weapon if their bow does x10 times more dmg an is easy to abuse while running an gunning at their targets..

Tenne is the only archer i know who carry a decent melee weapon an use it when caught up in close combat an he use a 2slot bow..

Fact is that archers could use a decent 1 slot melee weapon if they wanted too..

but they prefer to out run their opponents an kill em by kiting which is more effective an imho is what makes people so pissed about archery its a troll class people cant deal with it because lets face it.. its looks retarded watching someone kill 5 people by running an turning around an shooting em without them being able to fight back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:07:15 pm by HUSTLER »
Stop nerfing shit, learn to counter a weapons strengths and learn some tactics.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #538 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:38 pm »
its looks retarded watching someone kill 5 people by running an turning around an shooting em without them being able to fight back.

Those 5 people got pwned, I suggest trying a new approach.. Chasing kiting archers with 5 shieldless armored friends is not the correct approach to the situation obviously.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:49:53 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »
i dont have a big prob with the kiting, its that archers do way more damage then melee, and glance way less.