Author Topic: archery..  (Read 50609 times)

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
Re: archery..
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2012, 12:20:15 am »
+2
well in all honesty 1 shotting for headshots should only be for those with open face helmets like the open face sallet or onion top for example. If he's wearing a full metal head armor like the great helm then it's pure retarded to even get 1/3rd damage cuz the arrow would bounce off :P

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2060
  • Infamy: 2555
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:13 am »
My mask is made of titanium so if I get hit there it should always bounce no matter which arrow it is. If arrow hits me in mail bellow the mask, okay its kewl I'm ok with dying.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:30 am »
I blame it on the whiplash doing damage to your neck, or the gun-power lined helmets trigger firing with the magnetic charge that the arrows have.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:57 pm »
Dunno if it has been posted yet:

Arrows have a range penalty, the longer they fly the less damage they deal. Those numbers you get from your calculator are only applying when you shoot your enemy from inside of them. A few meters are all it needs to cut this damage in half.

K thx bye
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2012, 06:11:50 pm »

Arrows have a range penalty, the longer they fly the less damage they deal. Those numbers you get from your calculator are only applying when you shoot your enemy from inside of them. A few meters are all it needs to cut this damage in half.

K thx bye

This is actually one of the PROBLEMS with archery, imo. It's balanced such that it deals reasonable damage at long distance, so when an archer shotguns it hurts like hell, regardless of armor and regardless of PD. Additionally it's nearly impossible to dodge at that range, so if the archer times their shot right they basically get a free hit that can easily take out half or more of an inf's health, even with just 6 PD.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2012, 06:24:47 pm »

K thx bye

so you think this makes it alright??  you think commenting this is in favour of archers ? if ever it only shows how bs it is: basicly long>hard>shots dont do alot of damage... but short>eazy>shots do tons of damage.... ooh weeee that makes it all ok , and cool , yeeeessssssssssssss!!!

this is it : archers sticking close to infantry, getting protected by infantry, while moving though the map , will... rape.... everything....
               archers holding up on a safe spot ( cliff side or some other terrain advantage) will get some hits in maybe some kills,, till people get close to them and then.. will... rape.... everything.....

Offline Aleta

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • Game nicks: Aleta, Diavolo
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2012, 08:13:58 pm »
Just nerf archery to the ground, and everything will be fine  :lol:

*raises shield to block incoming flaming responses*

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2012, 08:50:25 pm »
+1
k I am back to lancer, nerf them now!

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2012, 01:19:25 am »
so you think this makes it alright??  you think commenting this is in favour of archers ? if ever it only shows how bs it is: basicly long>hard>shots dont do alot of damage... but short>eazy>shots do tons of damage.... ooh weeee that makes it all ok , and cool , yeeeessssssssssssss!!!

this is it : archers sticking close to infantry, getting protected by infantry, while moving though the map , will... rape.... everything....
               archers holding up on a safe spot ( cliff side or some other terrain advantage) will get some hits in maybe some kills,, till people get close to them and then.. will... rape.... everything.....

Yes archers rape everything, which is why they are always topping scoreboards everywhere with their super damage 1-shot melee range kills.

The irony is if something changed to make archers more damaging at distance instead of close range, people (like you) would be raging when you take lots of damage from "that archer a million miles away that could sit on his hill and destroy us".

Close range does more damage but is far more dangerous for the archer.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:34:56 am by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline vgamedude

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2012, 02:47:04 am »
Yes archers rape everything, which is why they are always topping scoreboards everywhere with their super damage 1-shot melee range kills.

The irony is if something changed to make archers more damaging at distance instead of close range people (like you) would be raging when you take lots of damage from "that archer a million miles away that could sit on his hill and destroy us".

Close range does more damage but is far more dangerous for the archer.
This. Very much this. The gist of what I hear in this thread is "hi im a 2h pure please nerf archery to the ground so i can be even more powerful than I am already kthnx XD". Most of the people don't even have numbers or proof they just spout idiocy every chance they get and "claim" to be one shotted from 9001 yards away in the pinky toe with a short bow.

Archery does not need nerfs. It is a good support role, yes, but hardly ever will you top scoreboards as archer. Not to mention how well you do as an archer differs between games very drastically and maps and other things affect you hugely, more so than melee in my opinion. Thus I can go one round and be like 8 and 1 and get a good K/D, and the next round I'll go like 3/3 and so on. I realize alot of classes face this but in my experiences it is amplified as archer. Of course it could just be my skill level as archer, but I felt like saying that.

Either way archery is fine at the moment and doesn't need ANY nerfs. It's a good support role and while I would like to have more killing power and be less of an arrowstunner and horse hunter it's probably not going to happen.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:36 am »

No Rufio, I didnt want to say any of this. I just wanted to point out that the damage values you get from the calculator are total bs unless your shooting from 0.01 meters, as there are some people going "OMG one arrows does the same damage as flamberg hit".  And even after this range penalty we have altered damage modifiers for ranged. I keep reading people get one shotted by archers all the time which is uber-complete bs.

I have 8 PD, +1 longbow and +3 bodkins. All there is to get even more damage are 2 PD and +2 looms in longbow. Then it would be the absolute maximum damage output you can get as an archer, which means 0 IF 0 PS 0 wpf for melee and maybe 3 ath. Even though Im somewhat close to that maximum, yesterday I was fortunate enough to have an enemy long enough in my line of sight to shoot 4 times at him at medium-long range (which takes about a year with longbow) and was also lucky my bow didnt decide to headshot myself (only 4 wm at that point) leading to 4 consecutiv hits. This guy had some mail stuff and was just refusing to die. Dunno if he would even have survived a 5th shot. And I doupt 2 pd and 2 looms more would have put down this guy in one arrow.

Yesterday I got oneshot by an archer the first time EVER ( after being peasant of course ). I gotta say that I have 0 IF and like 7 bodyarmor though and this guy has a +3 longbow. If you think you got oneshotted by a bow with 40 armor or more you maybe should reduce your drug consumption, that might help getting rid of the pink flying horses too. The bs of range QQers ( dont feel adressed by this if you dont think you are one ) is just repeating over and over and over again. And when someone supposes that melees should try archery for at least 1 gen to get the basics and undestrand their weaknesses more, no one seems to have the balls to do it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:55:01 am by XyNox »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:37 am »
im just gonna ignore these na players for now, since they seem to be playing a dif game. xynox you should play melee for abit, i think as an archer you get shot more while standing still, it seems that getting hit while moving sometimes really spikes the damage in weird ways.. ah well im still hoping for a slight ballancing , archery is close to being right this time thow. just seems dif armors dont really matter on damage received to hp, and the overall body damage is still slightly to high. thats m/o ,and its based on exessive playing of all classes (except throwing havent played that alot)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:54 am »
im just gonna ignore these na players for now, since they seem to be playing a dif game. xynox you should play melee for abit, i think as an archer you get shot more while standing still, it seems that getting hit while moving sometimes really spikes the damage in weird ways.. ah well im still hoping for a slight ballancing , archery is close to being right this time thow. just seems dif armors dont really matter on damage received to hp, and the overall body damage is still slightly to high. thats m/o ,and its based on exessive playing of all classes (except throwing havent played that alot)

Im an EU player, if you were refering to me. Funny thing is I used hybrid build some time ago. 6 pd 6 ps 6 ath 5 if. And I found killing way easier with my 1h melee weapon than with my bow. In all honesty I think melee is a lot more fun, a lot less frustrating and a lot easier than archery. I have a mate who is not playing very much and he never used to get more than 3 kills on average a map with an archer build. Now he went shielder and is one of the top players every now and then.

I pretty much didnt rage quit the class till now because of solidarity. I will not accept being forced to change the class only so some people who still havent learned how to deal with archers can own without putting much work into it. I wouldnt be suprised if in a few versions from now arrow speed, bow damage, and ammo capacity will be cut in half so even the poor peasants will not have to fear archers anymore. Id still stick to archery as the joy of headshotting people at long ranges or horseriders at full speed at a 90° angle is simply too satisfying.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2012, 11:01:27 am »
+1
im getting more and more the feeling that im discussing with people who are not yet fully experiencing this game as it should be experienced, you all seem to be talking from a single perspective, while im talking from a team play perspective, and yes xynox i know ur eu. i think il just have to make a fraps movie to show you guys how overly op archers are once you start playing like a team, and sorry i dont think you scrubs have that experience of being on ts with 3/4 archers and 4/5 melee, ( or bigger numbers)  . i can tell you once the melee start defending the archers, and holding / pushing pursuers back, oh my god then you start to open your eyes, and ofc it should be like this,, it should be effective! but right now its to extreme. and sorry once again if i offend you by saying this, but i have not had eny of you lobbying fellas come with eny arguments that werent selfcentered. or seemed to be concluded from experience in eny team play or tactics, i just see some nobody public loners shouting out claims and preaching while they havent even played this game at its fullest potential
(this goes specially for those na's).

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2012, 11:19:08 am »
So, this is not about archers, it is about teamwork?
Also, not experiencing the game "as it should be experienced"?
And, lol, lobbying? You are talking about yourself, right?

(click to show/hide)