Author Topic: archery..  (Read 53816 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: archery..
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2012, 11:22:04 am »
+1
its about archers , but specially  about archers when teamwork is implemented, this has been my first post on archery in a long while ptx, yes i see multiplayer games as games that should eventually consist of teamplay ( dous this game have a deathmatch mode .. no no current working one, what dous this game have? battle: team vs team . rageball team vs team, siege team vs team. here from i do conclude that if u play this game to its fullest you should have coordinated teamplay ) now read your post again, and maybe even delete it, since it ads nothing to this thread, wanker
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:24:55 am by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2012, 11:24:29 am »
archery is ruining this game again , ty

Yeah, there is a lot to add to this, moron.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2012, 11:29:19 am »
+1
i do concur that this thread started off, as  a simple statement being made without backup in the post itself,  however the thing that made me post this wasnt me not  feeling supreme and op and qqing about my counter class, it was made after realising that after hs damage buff, and reverting the bodydamage nerf, archery became even more op in teamplay, to the point that  it becomes a dreading game of hide and seek.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2012, 11:32:48 am »
And the proof here is? I barely am ever bothered by projectiles in the air these days, even on EU_1, unless they are thrown.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2012, 11:42:02 am »
+1
guess il have to make a movie then :: oh btw , the proof of you not being bothered by ranged isnt there either.. your still a wanker

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2012, 11:43:44 am »
And you're still a moron. My, what an impasse.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2012, 11:47:33 am »
+1
created by yourself if you read back abit. since you add nothing to the discussion.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2012, 11:55:43 am »
Well, neither do you, huh?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2012, 11:58:26 am »
+1
time to /ignore, non of your responses have been more then 1 scentence, or counter responding to my awensers to you on topic. bye
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:00:04 pm by rufio »

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2012, 12:00:59 pm »
... i think il just have to make a fraps movie to show you guys how overly op archers are once you start playing like a team, and sorry i dont think you scrubs have that experience of being on ts with 3/4 archers and 4/5 melee, ( or bigger numbers)  . i can tell you once the melee start defending the archers, and holding / pushing pursuers back, oh my god then you start to open your eyes, and ofc it should be like this ...

On that part I can only approve. IF melees WOULD cooperate with archers = eternal x5. Sadly, on a public game this happens almost NEVER. Im not even kidding. The moments I can remember melees doing something in favor for archers, I can count them on one hand. 99% friendly melees will just aimlessly run at targets you are shooting at and start spazzing around, making clean shots almost impossible, in fact helping the enemy team. If they would just backpaddle and block, ideally with a shield, the chance of getting a clean headshot rises from about 5% to 90%. Everytime they just charge like lemmings I can almost hear them thinking "L4WLZ, STUP1DE my old friendCHA TRYING TO SHOOT, IMA STEEL HIS KILLZ WOLOLOLO, my old friendCHA DOEZ NOT DESERVE MA K1LL" and then they fuck up. This is especially critical with enemy shielders. Once a shielder rises his shield in the ruff direction of an archer, he wont be able to hit him anymore at all. So when your melee mate dies in a duel you lost the game. The only thing you can do is to hope that your mate wins the duel or you take the risk and shoot into melee. With coop although = insta win.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »
Yesterday I got oneshot by an archer the first time EVER ( after being peasant of course ). I gotta say that I have 0 IF and like 7 bodyarmor though and this guy has a +3 longbow. If you think you got oneshotted by a bow with 40 armor or more you maybe should reduce your drug consumption, that might help getting rid of the pink flying horses too.

(click to show/hide)

Well, it's not a joke. Bagge with takes 80 % on my 40 body armor, 18 str character and he's got 6 PD. Considering the one-shots I've received has been from a long bow I guess it's a loomed guy with 7-8 PD. He didn't have any leverage advantage or serious speed bonus (running sideways) so I dunno. Being one-shot on that character is a freak thing though I'll admit, but I can't remember the last time I had two arrows in me and still running. Paying the price for 0 IF. :P

On that part I can only approve. IF melees WOULD cooperate with archers = eternal x5. Sadly, on a public game this happens almost NEVER. Im not even kidding. The moments I can remember melees doing something in favor for archers, I can count them on one hand. 99% friendly melees will just aimlessly run at targets you are shooting at and start spazzing around, making clean shots almost impossible, in fact helping the enemy team. If they would just backpaddle and block, ideally with a shield, the chance of getting a clean headshot rises from about 5% to 90%. Everytime they just charge like lemmings I can almost hear them thinking "L4WLZ, STUP1DE my old friendCHA TRYING TO SHOOT, IMA STEEL HIS KILLZ WOLOLOLO, my old friendCHA DOEZ NOT DESERVE MA K1LL" and then they fuck up. This is especially critical with enemy shielders. Once a shielder rises his shield in the ruff direction of an archer, he wont be able to hit him anymore at all. So when your melee mate dies in a duel you lost the game. The only thing you can do is to hope that your mate wins the duel or you take the risk and shoot into melee. With coop although = insta win.

People are stupid, it's that simple. I often try to help good archers and I appreciate help to fend off cavalry on my archer alt. Just the other day I had Mustikki following me with an awlpike which made the job a lot more easier. I didn't have to worry about cav and the incoming infantry would get an awlpike as well as an arrow to the face/body. Good times. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:53 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Well, it's not a joke. Bagge with takes 80 % on my 40 body armor, 18 str character and he's got 6 PD. Considering the one-shots I've received has been from a long bow I guess it's a loomed guy with 7-8 PD. He didn't have any leverage advantage or serious speed bonus (running sideways) so I dunno. Being one-shot on that character is a freak thing though I'll admit, but I can't remember the last time I had two arrows in me and still running. Paying the price for 0 IF. :P

People are stupid, it's that simple. I often try to help good archers and I appreciate help to fend off cavalry on my archer alt. Just the other day I had Mustikki following me with an awlpike which made the job a lot more easier. I didn't have to worry about cav and the incoming infantry would get an awlpike as well as an arrow to the face/body. Good times. :)

I can show you my character with 39 bodyarmor and 4-5 arrows. Yes, with triple loomed mail mittens and tribal warrior outfit. And I have mighty 55hp.
And even more - I was shooted many times by Sebastian with his 10pd build, and his shots take 50-80% of my health.
Are you sure that it was bodyshot? Because you can get headshot with arrow in neck or shoulder.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2012, 12:56:23 pm »
I can show you my character with 39 bodyarmor and 4-5 arrows. Yes, with triple loomed mail mittens and tribal warrior outfit. And I have mighty 55hp.
And even more - I was shooted many times by Sebastian with his 10pd build, and his shots take 50-80% of my health.
Are you sure that it was bodyshot? Because you can get headshot with arrow in neck or shoulder.

I know about the glitchy hitboxes for headshot, but no, it was a bodyshot. I always look in the bottom left corner to see if I die from a headshot or a bodyshot when I die to projectiles. :mrgreen:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2012, 01:53:44 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Please don't include Bagge is any list, you know why

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 1979
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:01 pm »
Dunno about Bagge's damage, seems regular to me. However, yesterday I was playing on one of the smaller servers and there was one archer, Coldblooded_Revenant or something like that. Dunno what's his PD but he hits like a truck and is very precise as well. Although I have just one shield skill and use Old Heater shield I'm able to block plenty of arrows with it (even the best archers have problems hitting me when my shield is up). This guy first hit me in the face while I was holding my shield as high as possible, next thing he ruined my shield in just two shots (can usually take 10 or more, he must have 10 PD) and 2 hit raped me most of the time (69 body armor). He should either deal damage or be precise. Having both at the same time is silly.

This isn't just regular archery whine, this is nerf STR whine. It seems that STR builds work very well with archery, again...