Author Topic: Cavarly is broken  (Read 8483 times)

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
Re: Cavarly is broken
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »
Thats no solution. It will just make every polearm or 2h user hold a pike on spawn which was just stupid. Bamboo spear isn't a solution too as stated - its too short. Any skilled cav with heavy lance will outreach you. Even long spear gets outreached sometimes if you time it bad.

That you can actually stab with one hand something that long is ridiculous.

Great lance even has the same problem. Heavy lance stabs outreach the couch.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:17:16 pm by Arkonor »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2983
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2012, 04:19:57 pm »
whine about shields dude not the cav

Okay. I suggest that cav lose the ability to use shield while mounted. How do you like my suggestion?

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »
That you can actually stab with one hand something that long is ridiculous.

Well if you look at the weight of all lances its not so ridiculous. They are lighter than some 1h weapons. Light Lance might be OK, but the Heavy Lance has a bit too less weight in my opinion esp as it looks much heavier then bamboo spear.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:40 pm »
Balancing something by cost is just dumb.

I personally don't usually have a problem with cav and most decent players don't. If you have enough awareness of the battlefield you can most of the time deal with them or atleast avoid death. That is why cav is not that much of an issue in organized matches either.
The superior mobility and a chance to just 1 hit unaware opponents however does make them really strong in cRPG conditions, which is large mass of newbs running around headlessly. Saying that they need more awareness and have to get better is valid, however you can say that about pretty much everything. For example many people complained about 2h stab and it got nerfed to shit so now 2h feinting is not a viable option agains't decent players, however i never had a problem with it, only thing you really had to do was get better in blocking. Funny how 2h could get called elitist for that, however cav saying you need more awareness do not. cRPG has never been balanced for the "highest level" players but more towards the avg player and i don't see why cav should be any exceptipon.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:25:34 pm by Cyber »

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2012, 04:29:18 pm »
I find it funny how easy cav is compared with archery.

Offline mOus333

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Black_Widow
  • IRC nick: Black_Widow
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2012, 04:31:26 pm »
1. we got ranged nerf
2 . peeps rage about cav
3 . You get cav nerf ...    hmmm circle??
I dont give a fuck about poniez riderz , its just another class, cav & 2h whinez about op ranged, u get ur zoolong wanted nerf.
Otherz start complain about op cav?? they mad or wtf??    Itz mount&blade!!!   NERF ranged i say !! .... We still OP!!...ffs...

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:39:23 pm by mOus333 »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »
Your title says Beta tester, but given the bolded statement, you never actually play as a "human" in this game.  :shock: Unless in real life Humans can't sidestep further than 2 inches left and right at a time  :rolleyes:

I personally doubt that ANY RL human being, even nude, is able to sprint at maximum speed in one direction, then turn 90 degrees in less than a tenth of second, without failing spectacularly or at least slowing down a lot. This game engine allows humans to turn at arbitrary (turning) speed and gives them absolutely incredible accelerations from cold start, and even worse when already moving in an arbitrary direction. It also allows them to be jumping frogs. In this game, I break RL long jump world records every day. Running speeds are mostly fine (it becomes retarded above 8 ath though), but acceleration and general agility of humans is BS. Ingame horses however, are much less maneuverable than their real life counterparts. That's why a nerf to horse maneuver is the worst thing to do. It's already harder to kill an archer alone on open ground, than a shielder. Because the archer has lighter gear and usually higher agi too, making him very hard to catch (requiring a massive slowdown and at least one arrow in the horse, yet the horseman still needs a lot of luck to hit the flea archer). Nerf human maneuver, if anything, and increase the damage of weapons across the board.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2480
  • Infamy: 819
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »
I personally doubt that ANY RL human being, even nude, is able to sprint at maximum speed in one direction, then turn 90 degrees in less than a tenth of second, without failing spectacularly or at least slowing down a lot

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But I agree that most people aren't able to do that. However horse physics in this game is pure bullshit.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »
I personally doubt that ANY RL human being, even nude, is able to sprint at maximum speed in one direction, then turn 90 degrees in less than a tenth of second, without failing spectacularly or at least slowing down a lot. This game engine allows humans to turn at arbitrary (turning) speed and gives them absolutely incredible accelerations from cold start, and even worse when already moving in an arbitrary direction. It also allows them to be jumping frogs. In this game, I break RL long jump world records every day. Running speeds are mostly fine (it becomes retarded above 8 ath though), but acceleration and general agility of humans is BS. Ingame horses however, are much less maneuverable than their real life counterparts. That's why a nerf to horse maneuver is the worst thing to do. It's already harder to kill an archer alone on open ground, than a shielder. Because the archer has lighter gear and usually higher agi too, making him very hard to catch (requiring a massive slowdown and at least one arrow in the horse, yet the horseman still needs a lot of luck to hit the flea archer). Nerf human maneuver, if anything, and increase the damage of weapons across the board.

Take it to the realism boards. That's where you will find your horse's broken legs from impacting everything from trees to polearms laying in the field. But again, your comments show you don't actually play as a human, or the LAST thing you would be asking for is a nerf to acceleration.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2012, 05:30:23 pm »
PLEASE DO SOMETHING DEVS. HALF THE PEOPLE IN EACH SERVER IS CAV

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »
PLEASE DO SOMETHING DEVS. HALF THE PEOPLE IN EACH SERVER IS CAV

Well that might be a bit too high. I counted them on EU1 today: 20 cav from 100 ppl. Don't know how much cav on each team as you don't see that as spec. It doesn't sound much but it is and it wasn't even a perfect cav map like the the desert maps are.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »
Take it to the realism boards. That's where you will find your horse's broken legs from impacting everything from trees to polearms laying in the field. But again, your comments show you don't actually play as a human, or the LAST thing you would be asking for is a nerf to acceleration.

I do play as human, especially when I'm dehorsed *badum tsss*

I also have a lvl 30 pikeman alt, a level 30 2h alt and a level 28 archer alt. The fact that I play as footmen doesn't mean I want it to stay as it is. Even if I was a full-time infantry player, I would lobby for a reduction of acceleration. I hate when combats degenerate into two dogs searching each other's ass. Blocks, feints, holds and chambers, the game mechanics I really liked about this game, are minoritized by the effectiveness of doom-like dodging. This is not about realism, it's about keeping the game clean.

I do, however, know that such a nerf to acceleration would make it much easier for ranged, especially the slow and hard-hitting ones. But you can fix shield coverage to make up for that. And maybe decrease the accurate time window for archers.

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »

I also have a lvl 30 pikeman alt, a level 30 2h alt and a level 28 archer alt. The fact that I play as footmen doesn't mean I want it to stay as it is. Even if I was a full-time infantry player, I would lobby for a reduction of acceleration. I hate when combats degenerate into two dogs searching each other's ass. Blocks, feints, holds and chambers, the game mechanics I really liked about this game, are minoritized by the effectiveness of doom-like dodging. This is not about realism, it's about keeping the game clean.

I do, however, know that such a nerf to acceleration would make it much easier for ranged, especially the slow and hard-hitting ones. But you can fix shield coverage to make up for that. And maybe decrease the accurate time window for archers.

Big +1 on this

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2012, 06:44:10 pm »

In other words, "I don't like that other players can use their own play style against me so nerf it until only my playstyle is viable".  :rolleyes:

That's the root of the problem of this fan base.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »
All horses should have a random chance of exploding.

nerf cav
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG