Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18070 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2011, 11:26:42 pm »
Hmm as a 2hander I feel the other way around, more and more people go for 1h+shield, there has definetly been a large increase in their numbers after the patch.

I think that's more due to all the ranged spam.  Playing without a shield is like playing roullette every round whether or not you get pelted with random arrows/thrown weapons.  Not an issue though, 1h/shield is so much weaker than 2h/polearms that if you surive the ranged spam as a 2her most of the remaining infantry are easy kills with a decent 2h player you might have to battle at the end.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2011, 11:45:02 pm »
1h/shield is much weaker than 2h/polearms... how?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2011, 11:47:11 pm »
So animation and all around stab damage nerf on greatswords, katana weight and damage mega nerf, morningstar nerf all since latest patch didn't adjust anything

Kids gorath purposely ignores these things and refuses to use side swords steel picks espada spamitar hammers and then says one hand sucks

Well sure if u force yourself into using horrible weapons of any class you will fail

I have no problem destroying people with wifeys +1 sidesword, tuffels deadly pick is superpower

The cake and this thread are surreal, I should masterwork side sword, nay espada
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2011, 11:33:01 am »
Sometimes, the best defense is a good offense.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »
So animation and all around stab damage nerf on greatswords, katana weight and damage mega nerf, morningstar nerf all since latest patch didn't adjust anything
Animation and stab nerf?  Are you shitting me?  Animations are still the best in the game, stab can be machinegunned now, STILL spun 360 degrees like a lightsaber and actually glances less because of slightly shorter range WHICH, btw, is still longer than most polearms.  2h swords still pretty much have thrusting pierce damage on lockdown compared to the pokey polearm weapons.  Why do you insist on just making things up?   :rolleyes:  I play a 2her as well, I know damn well how buff they are in relation to everything else, AND I don't even use the cookie cutter lolswords of uber stat doom.

Kids gorath purposely ignores these things and refuses to use side swords steel picks espada spamitar hammers and then says one hand sucks
Indeed I do:
Side sword is shit - renaissance fencing rapier looking thing that has no place on the field and certainly not with the look for my toon
I do use the steel pick sometimes, where have you been :P
Again, spammitar doesn't fit my theme and not everyone on the field should be the exact same.
I do use a hammer some rounds, where have you been :P

None of this matters because it's a matter of personal preference when you look at the stats of the weapons.  1hers have the shortest reach, lowest damage, on average the lowest weight (leading to more block stuns).  When used with a shield, which is supposed to be their big benefit, they suffer a decent speed malus.  I've never said that 1hers suck, or that they're too weak to succeed, simply that they are the weakest weapon type which the mechanics and math supports.   :rolleyes:

Well sure if u force yourself into using horrible weapons of any class you will fail
I don't fail that much actually.  Perhaps you should stop crutching on lolweapons and use something "normal" once and a while to gain some perspective of the game and relationship between the classes/weapons from a normal viewpoint instead of looking at them from the perspective of lolfotmOPweaponcarry of the moment.   :wink:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2011, 11:12:03 am »
1h is overpowered... and the mechanics support it!

IS MATHEMATICS
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2011, 11:23:38 am »
1h/shield is much weaker than 2h/polearms... how?

Well it does less damage for one :p

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2011, 12:29:28 pm »
As a former avid 2h user who saw the light and converted to sword and board, I can emphatically say that 2h/polearms have been somewhat underpowered ever since the agility nerf. The animations make them relatively easy to block/parry (compared to 1h weapons) and they are generally slower. The only upsides are their range and marginally higher damage, which, while useful, don't outweigh the speed/blocking ability of 1h + shield.

When I see 2hers running around on the battlefield, I lick my lips at the easy kill ahead of me.

When I see 1h + shield, I groan at the pain in the ass it will be to kill them if they are any good.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:47 pm »
As a former avid 2h user who saw the light and converted to sword and board, I can emphatically say that 2h/polearms have been somewhat underpowered ever since the agility nerf. The animations make them relatively easy to block/parry (compared to 1h weapons) and they are generally slower. The only upsides are their range and marginally higher damage, which, while useful, don't outweigh the speed/blocking ability of 1h + shield.

When I see 2hers running around on the battlefield, I lick my lips at the easy kill ahead of me.

When I see 1h + shield, I groan at the pain in the ass it will be to kill them if they are any good.

Yeah, spot on. For the animation part, I'd rather face any 2h user in a 1v1 than a 1her without a shield who knows how to block. 2h animations are just so much easier to read, and thus block.

And as to the last part, same again. I see someone without a shield, they're almost surely an easy kill. Someone with a shield? Well, if they know how to hold RMB when I'm attacking, they are, as you say, a pain in the arse to kill.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »

This is completely true. 2h is a LOT easier to read than 1h animations, especially because most shielders are hugging and running around you while spamming their swings. As a 2H myself I rather fight versus 3 2handers than 1 shielder. The sword&board style is even more OP in sieges. Or versus arrows. Or versus thrown.

Offline Prentyss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama Clan
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Matsuhiro, Torayama_Yamato
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2011, 03:31:10 pm »
This is completely true. 2h is a LOT easier to read than 1h animations, especially because most shielders are hugging and running around you while spamming their swings. As a 2H myself I rather fight versus 3 2handers than 1 shielder. The sword&board style is even more OP in sieges. Or versus arrows. Or versus thrown.

WARNING TROLL INSIDE :

I do agree. As i ever said, 1H+shield is the Way of Simplicity
Japanese proverb : "A protruding nail calls the hammer."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:42 pm »
WARNING TROLL INSIDE :

I do agree. As i ever said, 1H+shield is the Way of Simplicity

I don't see a troll inside...

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »
Too much to read head asplode, u agreed with me tho every weapon class has OP weapons amirite

Edit: wait where u been, ima pure horse archer on main using a sarranid axe(no heirlooms) and managed to misspend skill points by way of ingame character thing so I have 18 str and 5 pr ps (d'oh), also been playing my polearm alt with plus one billhook so.................

Also my wife has been doing better with her "weaker in every way"  one hander than either of my current ( and I think she believes she's still playing hellgate)

Animation and stab nerf?  Are you shitting me?  Animations are still the best in the game, stab can be machinegunned now, STILL spun 360 degrees like a lightsaber and actually glances less because of slightly shorter range WHICH, btw, is still longer than most polearms.  2h swords still pretty much have thrusting pierce damage on lockdown compared to the pokey polearm weapons.  Why do you insist on just making things up?   :rolleyes:  I play a 2her as well, I know damn well how buff they are in relation to everything else, AND I don't even use the cookie cutter lolswords of uber stat doom.
Indeed I do:
Side sword is shit - renaissance fencing rapier looking thing that has no place on the field and certainly not with the look for my toon
I do use the steel pick sometimes, where have you been :P
Again, spammitar doesn't fit my theme and not everyone on the field should be the exact same.
I do use a hammer some rounds, where have you been :P

None of this matters because it's a matter of personal preference when you look at the stats of the weapons.  1hers have the shortest reach, lowest damage, on average the lowest weight (leading to more block stuns).  When used with a shield, which is supposed to be their big benefit, they suffer a decent speed malus.  I've never said that 1hers suck, or that they're too weak to succeed, simply that they are the weakest weapon type which the mechanics and math supports.   :rolleyes:
I don't fail that much actually.  Perhaps you should stop crutching on lolweapons and use something "normal" once and a while to gain some perspective of the game and relationship between the classes/weapons from a normal viewpoint instead of looking at them from the perspective of lolfotmOPweaponcarry of the moment.   :wink:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:21:35 pm by DrKronic »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »
Well, in a 1 on 1 i think you can discuss what is best; 2H/Polearm or 1H+shield.
For simplicity we can just say they are equal (even hough i'd still say the shielder has an advantage)

BUT:
The shield protects vs arrows, it allows you to fight multiple enemies at once, it will take much longer to kill you, and therefore you have ab igger chance of getting reinforcements in time.
Furthermore you can always just put your shield on the back and be able to fight like 2H'ers (shorter range, higher speed though)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:15 pm »
Well, in a 1 on 1 i think you can discuss what is best; 2H/Polearm or 1H+shield.
For simplicity we can just say they are equal (even hough i'd still say the shielder has an advantage)

BUT:
The shield protects vs arrows, it allows you to fight multiple enemies at once, it will take much longer to kill you, and therefore you have ab igger chance of getting reinforcements in time.
Furthermore you can always just put your shield on the back and be able to fight like 2H'ers (shorter range, higher speed though)

But none of that matters at all omnidirectional block that blocks melee and arrows means nothing to a weaponslobbyist

And giving implicit team advantages in a game wholly deteremined by team battle/sieges, why would that matter DERP