Author Topic: Two Handed Spam  (Read 18109 times)

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
Two Handed Spam
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:42:38 pm »
This is probably me just having a bad hair day, but has anyone else noticed the kills scrolling down the side of their screen.  All it seems to be in the main is 2h weps.

Now I am saying straight from the off that I'm going to emorage about this, but every time I have gone toe to toe with a 2 hander or watched a shielder go against one the 2h seems to be twice as fast, swinging side to side and mowing a path to glory.  Seriously, it seems as though a 2h Hack 'n' Slash is made of paper.
What is worse is the fact that a 2h wep does horrendously justifiable damage and wrecks shields.

Also, is it me or is the balance of troops now shifting to this class because I swear there are shit loads of them these days.  Plus what with archers being so inneffective these walking blenders seem to be able to roam around with impunity untill they meet an enemy lawn mower coming the other way.

Shield wrecking and 1hit kills I can accept but its the weapon speed and the fact that they can still kill at point blank which is beginning to give me a rash.

I am now going to go and take my medication and shut myself in a dark quiet room.  :oops:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Two Handed Spam
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »
I do agree that they are superior in a duel more times then not, but I think that given they also complain the most about archers (smug look here) it is ok as they are sacrificing protection for more offensive capapbilities. Also, note that 2Hers do not function as well in clusterfights as well as shielders as they have to worry a bit more about swiping team mates (A lot more TKs come from 2Hers being too eager then 1Hers).

So far I am content, for now, on how they perform, as I can plug them easily in a fight with my warbow, unlike shielders.

Give and Take.

My main concern for 2Hers at the moment is that some of the players are complete and utter idiots and forget that when spawning, they can hit TeamMates with their backswing when fooling around (Too many times I get hit by some idiot using an upper attack when he is in front of me two seconds into spawn, almost bad as the idiots who kick when I am shooting and interrupt me. Metz, I am looking at YOU).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:49:13 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »
most one handers are crappy and do not atack fast enough, there are not many capable one handers
Just a soldier

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:14:16 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think that pretty much sums up my opinion on this subject, having explained it hundreds of times it now hurts to do so.

Sorry if you consider it spam, just felt the need to express myself lol.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:16:43 am »
most one handers are crappy and do not atack fast enough, there are not many capable one handers

Pass on that one.
I have seen a 2h hit a shield, the 1h attack only to be one shotted in mid swing because the 2 hander is that fast.  Personally I would have thought that the one handed weapon would out pace and 2h by default if only on the laws of physics. 
There doesnt seem to be a trade off with this weapon class insofar as they get horrendous damage, weapon range and shield smegging special powers at the expence of speed.  It seems a dedicated 2 hander gets all of the snacky super  powers and can swing like they're on combat drugs.

Its just seems to be getting a bit cheesy is all.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:19:59 am »

I think that pretty much sums up my opinion on this subject, having explained it hundreds of times it now hurts to do so.

Sorry if you consider it spam, just felt the need to express myself lol.

Meh. I'm new to all this and besides, it makes a change from the archery threads.  :mrgreen:

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 12:24:31 am »
Coming from a 1h/PA hybrid, 2handed spam is not a problem. As I see it all the infantry classes seem pretty balanced right now. I have no problem killing 2handers, maybe the good ones but every one has that problem. I worry more about facing other good shielders than a good 2hander.
On it.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 12:30:54 am »
There probably isn't a problem.  I'm just having a piss and a moan because the game tonight seemed full of them.  :mrgreen: 
Plus the battle report scrolling down the side was full of x was 2handed by Y and not much else. 

I would probably have a little whine if the servers were full of archers.............nah! :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 12:34:16 am »
There probably isn't a problem.  I'm just having a piss and a moan because the game tonight seemed full of them.  :mrgreen: 
Plus the battle report scrolling down the side was full of x was 2handed by Y and not much else. 

I would probably have a little whine if the servers were full of archers.............nah! :D

Was RS or Chaos playing? They have a monster player base that hyper specializes on skilled 2Her play.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:40:20 am »
Was RS or Chaos playing? They have a monster player base that hyper specializes on skilled 2Her play.
Pass.  I was bimbling on siege and was trying to last more than 30 seconds so my attention was elsewhere.  :D   Maybe it was a game special. Ya know a 2 for 1 2handed weapon night.  All drinks half price.  :mrgreen:

Its funny how when a balanced spread of classes is borked the game becomes as much fun as a dose of the clap.  Maybe a future issue to solve.  :?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 12:43:02 am »
Pass.  I was bimbling on siege and was trying to last more than 30 seconds so my attention was elsewhere.  :D   Maybe it was a game special. Ya know a 2 for 1 2handed weapon night.  All drinks half price.  :mrgreen:

Its funny how when a balanced spread of classes is borked the game becomes as much fun as a dose of the clap.  Maybe a future issue to solve.  :?

Now that I agree with, a nice spread of every play style makes it fun!

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 12:45:20 am »
Now that I agree with, a nice spread of every play style makes it fun!

:mrgreen:

Minor derail of thread.  Just seen add for Bulletstorm.  Me want  :twisted:  looks the mutts nutts and no mistake.  :P

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 12:48:08 am »
Actually, the Fallen Ones server indicates that polearms get the most kills, with two-handed weapons a close second. This is mostly due to reach and damage, as spam rarely ever works on a competent player, and these days, there's never a team composed of complete newbies.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 01:15:55 am »
Actually, the Fallen Ones server indicates that polearms get the most kills, with two-handed weapons a close second. This is mostly due to reach and damage, as spam rarely ever works on a competent player, and these days, there's never a team composed of complete newbies.

Don't forget polearm stun which is nasty on a speedy weapon :D

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 01:26:19 am »
there are some tricks that you have to experience, why would I share it with you ?
It's not an exploit or bug, you muffin.

Listen, do you think, that if you buy a pike, and a sumpter horse is charging you (yes without a rider).
So do you think that your pike will kill the horse ?
NOOO!! I TELL YOU: NO!
You have to kill the wild raging sumpter horse, with your ugly fingers.
Yes, in some culture they think weapon has soul, but in this game it isnt implemented yet.

So. go to eu3 and you are not allowed to leave until you don't find the damned solution against your problem.
omg damn facepalm