Author Topic: "THE DEV MENACE" (A Satire On The 2H Mace Nerf).  (Read 7411 times)

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
Re: "THE DEV MENACE" (A Satire On The 2H Mace Nerf).
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 02:21:59 am »
Meow.  I like you.  You helped me before.  But... is that the BEST you can do???
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:11:35 am by seddrik »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 02:22:21 am »
Hmm...

I think this is spiraling has spiraled out of control.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:22 am »
Be witty!  Or be ridiculed!

Wow! Nobody could possible endure being ridiculed by an utter retard like you, who doesn't even know what satire is.

(And staying true to every retard's M.O, only the posts agreeing with the retard are "intelligent")
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 03:28:10 am »
The above witless poster is an example of those in the 10% of my poll who just don't get it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:56:14 am by seddrik »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 08:33:46 am »
Your way of writing your posts makes me want to punch a kitten. Also, +1 to Xant, for a change.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 08:37:04 am »
What is this thread and what does it do?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 08:59:49 am »
ptx... I ignored your previous post.  But if you insist...
(click to show/hide)

Dezilagel, did you read anyth...    oh nevermind.
(click to show/hide)

To Meow:
(click to show/hide)

And remember Devs!  If u want people to be BORED with the game, keep on nerfing even already low end items!  That way only when someone is lvl 35 and all loomed can they really have fun!

OH... and I JUST now noticed.... even when you loom it 3 times to get it to MIGHTY... it STILL has 98 speed?  Wow.  S.T.U.P.I.D.  Some Dev really WAS mad about gett'n slapped in the face by it.

May I make a suggestion to Devs? UNNERF IT.  Period.
At the least make it where when u loom it it can be 99 speed again, tho that would still rob levelers of a fun weapon (which has never been OP).  Or restore the speed and remove 1 point of damage.  Or restore it and just up the price some...  it is already more expensive than its one handed equivalent tho...  Anything is too much of a nerf, the stats are not incredibly-uber-rock-the-boards-top-score-users-dominate anyway.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:18:51 am by seddrik »

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »
Laughed, love your writing.

also, maybe -2 dmg, -1 speed and - x weight was a bit too much

but I must point out the fact, practice longsword has no knockdown (or maybe it's a sneaky one...)

also, the mace not alone on the no speed adding when loomed goedendag got it too and that's the true problem...

BUFF goedendag!
and de-nerf a bit mace
BUFF goedendag!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »
Yeah goed is fun, but a bit slow to be real handy.  If it at least had a +1 speed when loomed that would be nice.  But DEVs fear such things...  They have nightmares of embarassing moments getting beat'n down by peasants...

I agree with isatis's point:
BUFF goedendag!  DE-NERF the mace!

As for my writing... venomous humor is memorable & entertaining (even if so many juvenile trolls don't get it).  Speaking of which, I have a spoof to write:

I was hum-drumming along on the server just yesterday.  Borred out of my skull playing my 2H because I had no 2h mace to turn to for fun (sniff).  When low and behold I found reason to be indignant and furious all over again.  I was beaten, shamelessly and cruelly smacked down... by of all things... a "Practice Longsword".   :shock:

As I perished brutally under the clubbing I received, I clicked and watched this player proceed to have a 6 kill streak in one round.  Surely, I thought to my most humbled and humiliated self, SURELY this weapon is more deserving of a nerf than the lowly 2h mace.  THIS weapon, the Practice Sword, is WAY longer than the mace.  It is a wopping 117 length!  For a cheap weapon, that is SURELY OP.  AND it is only 1.5 weight and speed 94?  Are you kidding me?  That thing zips around like a hot knife through butter! Not only that but it is ONLY 2 slots???  Come on!!!  It needs to be three slots for sure.  And to top it all off, it is only 239 gold... so that it costs nothing to repair.  Thats thousands less than the mace!  And yet... here was this fully armored guy running around dominating the game with it!?!?!  And, he is PROOF that the Practice Longsword has knockdown!  Everyone he hit got knocked down! (cough)

Please consider Exhibit A, where Sir_Ricardito_stupidnamesalot (upper right side of the list) has 6 kills brutally obtained in one uber round.

Here is the screenie of his raging mahem while holding the infernal weapon itself:

I therefore submit my plea to the higher powers!  If there is any sense of decency within you, you MUST nerf this internally unbalanced weapon. Its stats are unfair compared to other two-handed weapons.  It is longer and lighter, and way more effective than it should be! (Give me a minute... I think I can work up a tear... yes.  Here, I caught it on camera for you.  Isn't that sooo pitiful???)  Who can resist this powerful logic and emotional appeal to nerf this weapon?!?

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:58:04 pm by seddrik »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »
I've never been an archer or ranged player, but when I was looking at making an archer or xbow build the obvious choice to use would be the 2h mace.  It's the only 1 slot 2h'er, has knockdown, does good damage, and is pretty fast.  Not to mention then you have the option of picking up a 2 slot 2h'ed weapon and dominate. 

I personally don't think they should have a 1 slot 2handed weapon.  If you want a 1 slot weapon, use 1h'ers.

But I'm not a big fan of nerfs, so I'd be a hypocrite to suggest what I feel, that they should have made this a 2 slot weapon like every other 2h'er.  But I say revert the ranged nerf, and let things be for a while, they are pretty well balanced as is.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 02:59:55 am »
Well, everyone has different feelings on the matter.  No doubt.  But which would you prefer?  A ranged guy with a weapon he feels confident in at least TRYING to use in melee (but which is terrible terribly short) or a ranged with just some weapon he really doesn't want to use at all (and so he runs away more)?  I know we all love seeing those archers run away (cough).

Just on a practical level and fun level, a low level weapon has been made weaker.... which is really dumb.  As I've stated... oh.... 1000 times?  (Eventually you will see it my way! muahahah!)  It never did dominate the scoreboard before... so what if it was better than other low level weapons?  Short spear is too, and practice longsword... shall we just squelch and squish, stomp and strangle any low level weapon that is "good" for its level?  All that does is give hybrids, ranged, low level players fewer options to enjoy.  And it gives higher level players less variety to choose from.  I admit, I get bored with just my big 2h sword.  Sometimes I used to just grab that old mace for the challenge and fun.  Now, I'm too sick of the difference I don't want to touch it.  It just is not enjoyable like it was.  Not that I ever got 40-50 kills with it anyway... (herp derp).

UNERF THE MACE! UNNERF THE MACE!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:02:12 am by seddrik »

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 03:24:12 am »
your post made me use that tiny bastard on my archer alt

i'm so sad... I've respecced to spammy archer so no more mace avaible and i feel better (nerfing yourself is good, it bring eviiiiiil dev on other side and you feel powerful... what? masochism? nerver heard of it...)

after i wanted to see how it would  word iwth my now ''agi'' 2h main, horrible... it seem like wpf don't do anything to this thing and brrrrr even my wooden stick knockdown more!

I got a sensible idea!
must hide it under some spoiler to make it lazy troll proof

(click to show/hide)

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 04:52:27 am »

That would be WAY better than what they did to it...

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 04:56:28 am »
we so connected... OMG you even got fuzzy on your irc name...

let's change the world step by step! starting by heirloom of mace (and goedendag)!

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »

OBITUARY 1-31-12

This day, we memorialize the passing of a legend.  Most of us have played with him online.  Many have had their egos destroyed and as well as their KD ratio stymied.  It is a bitter sweet commemoration, in knowing that while we will no longer have to endure face smashing humiliation, yet... we will miss his intimidating build.

Of whom do I speak?  Why Silveredge of course.
(click to show/hide)
Why?  He has posted his Mighty Mace on the market and is looking for a MW Heavy Bastardsword instead.  Ahhh... it brings tears to my eyes.  (sniff)  Can you imagine seeing him without that mace?  It just doesn't seem right.  Rounding the corner... seeing him in his burnt orange/red armor... carrying that crossbow and black mace.  But it is quite understandable... considering what has happened.

This is not unlike others I know who have played less since the demise of the mace.  Some were feared and respected... and now... there is a void in our cRpg lives.  A vast emptiness that has not been filled, and may well never be.  (sniff)

Let us then remember these esteemed mace wielders.  May their maces find happy homes.  When they are brought out again, may it be with fond memories... free from the burden of nerfs and chains of cry babies.  Perhaps one day, they can again sparkle in the sunlight, and zip into someones face with devastating effect.  Until then... we wish stomach aches and regret up the Eviiiiiiiilllll Dev(s) who have brought about this sad time.  May they moan with regret and sorrow like this cat:

(click to show/hide)

And as the following tomb marker indicates... beware of the Dev's for...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:45:55 pm by seddrik »