Author Topic: Division of Powers in CRPG and Checks and Balances System for Changes/Updates  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
I appreciate your thirst for knowledge, Thanotos, but this world is messy enough. No. What it needs is unification, leadership. It has to be taken out of chaos by someone with complete control.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
US is doing so well isn't it? /sarcasm

Shut up and send more money to Greece, Italy, Portugal, and Ireland and pray the Euro doesn't go tits up./irony

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2510
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Why did I come to mind?

You're awesome and sexy and I want to have your babies.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
I don't think Tears is a "veteran" player.
Anyways, this won't happen ever.

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Budikhan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
Here. I fixed the OP's post.

The problem with the CRPG system is that changes are more like trials and errors. One thing fixes a problem but causes another. Sometimes one class suffers and the other gets a major unnecessary boost shifting gameplay, irritating people who enjoy quality.

Brytenwalda is by far the worst offender in this case but cRPG appears to have a case of the same. Usually situations like this arise due to lack of a clear vision for gameplay or too many tugging influences on either side.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
I don't think Tears is a "veteran" player.

Yup, only been playing since March last year. There are far more players older then me.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Yup, only been playing since March last year. There are far more players older then me.

Wait...you've been registered on the forums longer than you actually played this thing? :|

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
No, we already have a working system for cRPG.

(click to show/hide)
I guess you fall under the balancer team, but I really suggest you add yourself as the provider of sarcastic comments on serious game breaking issues and pulling unrepresentative numbers out of your arse to justify changes and then actually thinking you did.

And where is Shik? He should atleast have a line to the crpg community about him doing absolutely nothing at all.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
+1
Guys take a breath and calm down.

We should be very lucky we have any say at all.. Or that we sometimes get heard. How many other games does the community get heard even?

Yes, sometimes they are slow to listen to reason, sometimes stuff doesn't get implemented. But there are always various reasons for this.. Remember this is just chadz and a few internet buddies making everything themselves for free on their free time. They probably have work or studies and RL friends and girlfriends too. At the beginning chadz did most stuff himself, but the mod grew and grew and he needed help. That means organizing a team, which is very different from coding whatever you want to. It means dealing with lazy ass folks, lying sons of bitches, motivating unmotivated folks, hiding your own unmotivation, being accessible to all kinds of problems etc.  IT'S NOT EASY.

They should make THEIR vision come through, not ours. (A clear vision is lacking though , or not told us.)  Anyway, everyone is free to give their suggestions and thoughts in this forum, and the reasonable ones do get heard. Not always responded to because of reasons we don't know. Maybe it's simply too far down on the todo list, maybe the team already discussed it, maybe chadz like it or don't etc. (ladders teeth)

Anyway.. I do agree if we could all get informed about a clear vision of what cRPG should be, where the Team wants to take it, we could perhaps waste less time and put our brains together with OUR suggestions.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:16:57 am by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
If anyone of the balancer team needed an own entity in the diagramm then it would be Shik. But not because he does nothing, but because he does the most concerning models, NA herding, animations, etc.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Bad.
Bad.
Bad.