Author Topic: Division of Powers in CRPG and Checks and Balances System for Changes/Updates  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
This suggestion made me lol.

Seriously, it's so, so bad that I don't even want to list up the flaws.

Dev diagram made me lol even more, for how true it is. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
more like

waits for the +1's to roll in.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
+1
Well, although I completely disagree with the suggestion, I don't think you should ridicule it that much, never mind how ridiculous it is (if you can say that on an objective base, at all).

Just point out that what the majority wants is not always the best, and in theory the class with the most players could nerf down all other classes to shit and then keep on dominating the servers.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
Well, although I completely disagree with the suggestion, I don't think you should ridicule it that much, never mind how ridiculous it is (if you can say that on an objective base, at all).

Just point out that what the majority wants is not always the best, and in theory the class with the most players could nerf down all other classes to shit and then keep on dominating the servers.

That's why majority rule isn't always a good system.  I'm not saying it would happen because most people have some morals and some compassion, but if everyone was ruthless and cut throat, technically a majority could just vote to take away the rights of the minority. 

I heard calls in the NA battle server yesterday that archers weren't nerfed enough, because the archers had the nerve to shoot people from 2 different angles at the same time.  Just because something may be a little "strong" doesn't mean it's unbalanced to the game play.  At what point do the devs say "well maybe it's just a lack of tactics on the players part, and not something wrong with this class or equipment"?  Apparently the answer is never.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
+2
if you don't know who harald is, then your opinion is invalid.
Turtles

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Or, the house of EU is a lot bigger than the house of NA, and whenever a suggestion might pop up that's against EU for the better of NA for an example, get's downvoted to shit.
(This was only an example for a situation, don't start nitpicking over it.)

This happens in my country right now, that dumbass clown got in with like 75% politicians of his own and now abuses it like crazy, giving us a bad name in the EU. Sorry for offtopic, but I have an IRL example for this.

Also, giving someone decision making positions just because he did something, or is "veteran", is the dumbest idea I ever heard. Just because one is a veteran, seen more things, that doesn't automatically mean that he can do a particular role well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:08:30 pm by Christo »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
if you don't know who harald is, then your opinion is invalid.

So my assessment of nerf-rpg is incorrect?  Enlighten me exalted one.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:12:23 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
+1
I heard calls in the NA battle server yesterday that archers weren't nerfed enough, because the archers had the nerve to shoot people from 2 different angles at the same time.  Just because something may be a little "strong" doesn't mean it's unbalanced to the game play.  At what point do the devs say "well maybe it's just a lack of tactics on the players part, and not something wrong with this class or equipment"?  Apparently the answer is never.

You are probably right on this, but I don't think the developers could care less about it. Thomek created a topic which got a lot of attention, and still not a single developer posted anything, neither if they want to support tactics at all, nor how they would do this. I was simply ignored.

On a completely different matter, I would like to see some kind of "developer's blog" concerning the balance decsions. I would like to know which statistics they have, which "tools" they use (be it real tools like programs or just "methods" as tools) and especially: why and how they want to achieve certain things in cRPG. THAT would be really interesting.  :wink:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
So my assessment of nerf-rpg is incorrect?  Enlighten me.

chadz actually plays his mod, I remember fighting against him, and on my team as well.
Nowadays he might do it with secret alts, I don't know. So that's one wrong part.

Your opinion on Harald is funny. You know nothing about his work for the community, and fabricate something from your own thoughts.
FYI: He's taking care of the cRPG website.

Just some thoughts.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
chadz actually plays his mod, I remember fighting against him, and on my team as well.
Nowadays he might do it with secret alts, I don't know. So that's one wrong part.

Your opinion on Harald is funny. You know nothing about his work for the community, and fabricate something from your own thoughts.
FYI: He's taking care of the cRPG website.

Just some thoughts.

Well although I feel c-rpg nerfs way too much shit, and listens to the community way too much (i.e. "please nerf this") most of what I said was tongue in cheek.  I know sarcasm is lost on some people.  You really didn't get the joke when I said that he either doesn't play his own mod, or doesn't know what tactics are?  OBVIOUSLY he plays his own mod, so then I must be saying he has no idea what tactics are, and thinks that nerfs are the only way players will ever overcome a classes natural strengths....durrrr

And I didn't give an opinion of Harald...jesus no wonder this mod gets fucked over with every update with the intelligence on these forums.

It was supposed to be a funny, and still be somewhat thought provoking.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:29:59 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well, you were the one who asked for correction.  :)

You've got it. :rolleyes:

And I didn't give an opinion of Harald...jesus no wonder this mod gets fucked over with every update with the intelligence on these forums.

Want me to quote from your own remake of the picture?
"Never heard of him, apparently he also likes nerf-rpg and the direction it's going."

If that's not a (quite biased) opinion about him from you, then what is it?  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:32:03 pm by Christo »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
+6
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Yes of course we should do like this.

I mean, the American system has clearly proven to be WAY superior to everything else, especially in recent times.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
I propose enacting a system where the people get to choose what changes they want based on the majority of votes.

Judicial Branch (supreme court)
Composed of veteran players like Kesh and Tears_Of_Destiny where these players get to decide if the changes proposed by the Houses are proper before requesting them to be implemented.

We had the Dusk of cRPG for 18 months and just now when the light began to shine you want us to go back into the darkness ? Just cover your head with pillow if you want dark but don't pest the rest of us with it.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Harald is mainly working on the website. The shiny new one is from him :D
Cmp is the one in charge of (chadz quote) "WSE witchcraft". And stealth balance changes.
Fasader is the lead unbalancer (but I think many people know this). However I doubt the existence of a "balance team" since I never heard of any particular name. If they exist, they are either extremely shy, or unable to use a forum.
And Meow is the only kind admin. He's assigned to returning lost heirlooms and doing shit for the players that can't use a website properly (that is, entering their password in every text block and clicking on all the buttons in every possible order).