Author Topic: Remember Remember the 23rd of December  (Read 21596 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: Remember Remember the 23rd of December
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2012, 02:57:18 pm »
I think you mix up cRPG and Strategus a lot but besides that it is not my state of mind but me telling what is gonna happen because i see no reason to lie to you.
If you prefer it any other way, let me know i am also good at coming up with random stuff to make people happy. :mrgreen:

No its not Strategus only, this topic is yes its about Strategus but there are ways to cheat in cRPG too.
Meow I respect you and you know I like you as a person, but lets be honest just last week you realized how people can create a gen 40 character within 3 months, how people can retire multiple times in a day. I'll stop here and won't go into the details.
cRPG is a competitive mod and its not the easiest mod out there. There will be always people who will search an easy way to get to the top, because no matter who, we are lazy. Even if you find a way to prevent current exploits, people will find new ways to cheat.

Just please don't ignore it when its obvious.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »
Burn the witches ! Burn ! Burn ! Burn !

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »
or this
Turtles

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2012, 04:45:41 pm »

An essay on vigilanteism

While many learned professors have abandoned hope of ever discovering the truth behind vigilanteism, I for one feel that it is still a worthy cause for examination. At one stage or another, every man woman or child will be faced with the issue of vigilanteism. Though vigilanteism is a favourite topic of discussion amongst monarchs, presidents and dictators, its influence on western cinema has not been given proper recognition. It is an unfortunate consequence of our civilizations history that vigilanteism is rarely given rational consideration by global commercial enterprises, who are yet to grow accustomed to its disombobulating nature. Relax, sit back and gasp as I display the rich tapestries of vigilanteism.

Social Factors

Society begins and ends with vigilanteism. When Lance Bandaner said 'twelve times I've traversed the ocean of youthful ambition but society still collects my foot prints' [1] he failed to understand that if one seriously intends to 'not judge a book by its cover', then one must read a lot of books. While the western world use a knife and fork, the Chinese use chopsticks. Of course vigilanteism provides standards by which we may judge our selves.

Primarily vigilanteism builds trust among the people. Clearly it promotes higher individualism and obeyence of instinct. As soon as a child meets vigilanteism they are changed.

Economic Factors

Our world is driven by supply and demand. Of course, vigilanteism fits perfectly into the Inter-Spam model, a complex but ultimately rewarding system.

When displayed this way it becomes very clear that vigilanteism is of great importance. Obviously the average wage, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by vigilanteism due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. What it all comes down to is money. Capitalists love vigilanteism.

Political Factors

The media have made politics quite a spectacle. Comparing current political thought with that held just ten years ago is like comparing vigilanteism and political feeling.

Consider this, spoken at the tender age of 14 by style icon Bonaventure Rock 'consciousness complicates a myriad of progressions.' [2] He was first introduced to vigilanteism by his mother. It would be wise to approach the subject with the thought that 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'. However this can lead to missing out important facts.
One of the great ironies of this age is vigilanteism. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Conclusion

To reiterate, vigilanteism plays a large part in the lives of all. It replenishes the self, it stimulates and never hides.

Here with the final word is Hollywood's Wyclef Zeta-Jones 'I wouldn't be where I am today without vigilanteism.' [3]

[1] Lance Bandaner - Adventurous Spirit - 1993 See-Saw Publishing

[2] Rock - Roll It Up - 1977 - F. Lower Publishing

[3] Everything you always wanted to know about vigilanteism, but were afraid to ask. - Issue 287 - QKS Publishing

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2012, 05:13:38 pm »
Chewbacca defense

The Chewbacca defense is a legal strategy used in episode 27 of South Park, "Chef Aid", which premiered on October 7, 1998, as the fourteenth episode of the second season. The aim of the argument is deliberately to confuse the jury by making use of the fallacy known as ignoratio elenchi, or a red herring. The concept satirized attorney Johnnie Cochran's closing argument defending O. J. Simpson in his murder trial. The Associated Press noted the satire as an example of Cochran's position in popular culture. The concept has become a minor Internet phenomenon, used frequently as a running gag on satirical sites and in forums as a form of rhetoric.
In the satire's original defense, the fictional Cochran started by stating that Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. After stating that this statement "does not make sense", Cochran continues to connect the senselessness of his own statement to the actual case, implying that it is equally senseless. His closing argument "If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit" is lampooning the actual Cochran's original "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2012, 05:24:44 pm »
A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2012, 07:11:15 pm »
I somehow missed this drama until just now but after looking at the evidence. The multi-accounting seems pretty flimsy and would take A LOT of effort to prove.

The real money trading though, even just through a quick scan through the Russian forum seems blatantly obvious. This may be a google translate issue but if a non DRZ Russian speaker could quickly browse through a few pages Im sure they could quickly confirm or refute the accusations.

For example (without naming names):

Page 33 -
Кто нить продаёт голду за реал? - Who sells Golda thread for real?
Продам cRPG голд за реал - CRPG selling gold for real

There are also people on the previous page offering to sell looms for 'real' and then someone posting 'Pff, for real, for real. It's disgusting.' These could just be horrible translations of course but it does look suspect.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:23:32 pm by Stabby_Dave »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2012, 08:44:17 pm »
+3
I think you mix up cRPG and Strategus a lot but besides that it is not my state of mind but me telling what is gonna happen because i see no reason to lie to you.
If you prefer it any other way, let me know i am also good at coming up with random stuff to make people happy. :mrgreen:

Strat is a part of cRPG, i was talking of a global feeling about how things are deal in this mod.
I should not have name you, as you are the less trolling dev, and still the only one to wrote in this thread.

Some people always try to gain an irregular advantage over others, almost nothing logical is done about this, thus the other part is tired. Do you really believe ppl quited strategus because of bug and no xp....

Fact is that a big part of players don't have fun anymore.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:45:34 pm by Blondin »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2012, 10:28:02 am »
+4
Apparently that's our fault. We just need to "get our shit together." Isn't that right, Paul? The way some devs talk, you would think anyone who believes something is wrong and should be looked into is just a whiner who lost a battle or something. This Browser Trading Game is clearly perfect and anyone who says otherwise should be given no greater a response than "u mad?"

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:20 pm »
This may be a google translate issue but if a non DRZ Russian speaker could quickly browse through a few pages Im sure they could quickly confirm or refute the accusations.
For real = for $
Rub = roubles

There is no issue with the google translate here.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »
+3
First let me make sure again that this is in no way me officially posting for the dev team, just giving you my view.

The problem is really not that anyone thinks Strat is perfect in it's current state, priorities just shifted.

Motivation is everything and it's not only you guys who play it who need that motivation to keep going, but also the guys who work on it.
Obviously it's easier to go to that site, click some stuff and then do something else than actually code features, fix stuff and in this case check month of webserver logs on possibly dynamic IPs.

And that is while we all basically get or should get the same out of it - fun.

It's the only motivation there is for everyone involved, players and devs.
For you guys it also features that competitive conquest feeling and clan war stuff.
I understand that it is annoying if you spend time on something and then realize it's not working out as you wanted it to.
Trust me that also goes for both sides.

Adding stuff is always easier to find time for than keeping longtime motivation and focusing on fixing old stuff up.
I might have missed it but i do not think anyone got seriously pissed when someone said Strat is not cool at the moment?

Also i think exploring new features like the current Battlegroups and combining those with some kind of league will also give people a competitive platform for all game modes and especially one that is less exploitable.

No worries, Strat is still being worked on.

One thing i want to make sure again: People are working on different stuff. Just because Rageball was added that does not mean that everyone in the team worked on Rageball.
But that's a common misconception about dev teams i guess.
Also please be aware that this is a hobby for the whole team, not a job.

The real money trading stuff is something completely different and mainly needs someone who has the motivation to go through it, which I completely lost due to this thread as I posted pages earlier.

Anyhow that's it from me for this thread i guess.
Nothing to add and i kinda hope you guys understand why this going public does not make it happen any faster.
If not i can do nothing about it.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2012, 08:12:30 pm »
+1
Meow you are right, I never denied that or said you guys are doing nothing at all.

But it came to my attention that

Developers are working hard to keep stability and make the mod more interesting
Admins are working on keeping the order in servers
Moderators are working on keeping the order in forums
There are also lots of other things to be done like, bugs, name changes, whines, maps, models, textures, programming list goes on and on....
But we have nobody to look outside of the box, absolutely nobody.

I spent my entire day just yesterday reading this one by one. Clicking on each battle checking each player personally, talking to other clans about the issue.
(click to show/hide)

I spent days on cRPG/outside of cRPG forums.

Why did I do that? Because I'm going to gain something out of it? If there is a catch what is it? Do I want people to be banned? No I don't want these things happen anymore.
I've been offered to design menus for cRPG, I've modeled things for cRPG, I took the sub forum duty, I've translated things for staff when it was requested. Back then I wasn't the bad person and now I am? Because I'm trying to help? I'm sorry its true that I'm insanely persistent and sometimes I go way too far.

A clan got banned in one afternoon but taking a look at real money transfers takes a week? You could just say we have other priorities, you could assign people for the case and I'd give them anything I have or you could simply say Fuck off Nocti nobody is asking your opinion about this.

We do not need public executions, we just need a system to prevent things that's all I'm asking. Not bans, not temporary solutions.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »
+1

I spent my entire day just yesterday reading this one by one. Clicking on each battle checking each player personally, talking to other clans about the issue.

I spent days on cRPG/outside of cRPG forums.

Why did I do that? Because I'm going to gain something out of it? If there is a catch what is it? Do I want people to be banned? No I don't want these things happen anymore.

We do not need public executions, we just need a system to prevent things that's all I'm asking. Not bans, not temporary solutions.

Because he's the hero cRPG deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Noctivagant.

Serious business yo

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »
Nocti, do you know why people play two or more accounts ? Because it give advantage in stategus or for fun.

You don't even have to play in cRPG to be helpful for the clan in strategus. This is major problem, devs have to fix it by changing system in such fashion, that:
-clanless people and clan people without fiefs are welcome in fiefs belong to other clans, and can influence outcome of conflicts
-people can play as bandits in meaningful way
-people are rewarded for playing in cRPG(or punished for not playing for some period, for example by limiting their productivity)
-cities play larger factor in crafting battle equipment, villages are more for producing food and goods

Last but not least, why don't you simply talk with people who you suspect of wrongdoing ? Going to admin like crybaby isn't something i, and many people involved here (Slavs) approve, grow some guts and try to talk with people you just accused. I know that it's not popular in your society of informers, but at least TRY.