Author Topic: Rageball  (Read 38968 times)

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: Rageball
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »
Isn't the xp gain highly exploitable if there are only 3-4 players in the server? For example: group of coordinated players joins the server when no one else is on, proceed to take turns racking up a x5 to power level/gold farm.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 09:48:54 pm »
I THINK that you get one tick of xp and gold each time theres a goal...in theory better players could score more goals..but hey isnt that an incentive to win :D
I don't know enough

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »
Ok after playing Rageball for some time I think it's safe to say that high agi and low armor is at a clear advantage in this game. Right now there's a little ocean of high agi whores with cheap spamming weapons who deal next to no damage and knock your ball easily with spamming.

My suggestion on how to make strength and armor more viable in this mode:

Make it so that the ball carrier has to lose a certain amount of HP before he drops the ball. That would make higher STR and better armor a bit more valuable in this mode and would nerf the high agi spammers.

Oh also: drop ball pick ball drop ball pick ball running needs to be nerfed too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:31:43 pm by Vibe »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:54 pm »
+1
How to make rageball a real sport - remove weapons and armour, add team colour shirts, add wooden stick variants that each use the different WPF so it's fair.

Ball should not drop in one hit, it should be a calculation to do with damage, i.e PS giving bonus to disarm, IF should give you bonus to avoid being disarmed when hit, maybe even your total HP having an effect on avoiding being disarmed. High agi players with low str/if/ps/hp or whatever formula, are going to be good at grabbing the ball and running with it, but they are going to be vulnerable to tackles, the slower but stronger players are going to be easier to catch but it's going to be harder to get the ball out of their hands.

Something along those lines anyway, I don't know how the calculations work but I'm sure you get my idea. Right now I don't find it all that fun, most players just play team death match and it doesn't seem focused enough on the ball and I just find all of the armour and weapons a bit pointless if the aim is for a sport style of game, wooden sticks with team colour shirts is enough. Ranged can GTFO, people can make Rageball ALTs if their main is purely ranged.

Of course this is just all of my own opinion, but right now for me it just feels like team deathmatch with a ball, lol.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:50:29 pm by Leesin »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »
+1
The mode is well named.

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »
Gave this a go on the Aus server last night, had around 20 people focusing on proper play and it was amazing.

Scored a sweet as goal by doing a small kick just as an enemy hit me, then picking it back up to score. \o/

Need more dedicated rageball maps tbh, arena and battle on ice were getting old. Try playing it on treefort, multi level is fun!

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2012, 11:12:12 pm »
If possible, I would like to see kill notifications and kills/deaths on the scoreboard removed from this gamemode. That would hopefully help solve the problem of people just deathmatching.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2012, 11:21:00 pm »
Not fair: AUS playerbase all at least understand what Rugby is. We have Euros...who for most of them it seems football consists of endlessly slidetackling with the intent to hurt...

ANYWAY: Ranged and heavies DO have a place: the way I see it is:

Rangers: Interceptors, they can easily free up the ball or at least slow it down from distance.
Heavies: Defenders, heavy armour keeps them alive so they can repeatedly faceroll the attackers and keep goal area clear.
Runners: Get the ball, run it, dribble it, and play forward. They easily get killed and must "recover" for 5 secs.

If possible, I would like to see kill notifications and kills/deaths on the scoreboard removed from this gamemode. That would hopefully help solve the problem of people just deathmatching.

Yeah, replaced with GOALS and CATCHES or something.
I don't know enough

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »
My Stupid Idea: Limit weapons to practice swords/staff's/rocks/light bows as would be fitting of a medieval tourney
Someone needs to make a banner for heraldic mail with numbers on it.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2012, 12:21:16 am »
Ok after playing Rageball for some time I think it's safe to say that high agi and low armor is at a clear advantage in this game. Right now there's a little ocean of high agi whores with cheap spamming weapons who deal next to no damage and knock your ball easily with spamming.
Ideally you shouldn't have the ball if there is an enemy next to you. Try to pass it before it comes to that.

That being said, 13 ath builds that can run the ball all the way across the map might have to be looked into.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:22:26 am by Vodner »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2012, 12:28:38 am »
Agi guys only seem so overpowered in this gamemode at the moment because the general level of skill and understanding is still very low. People play this like 5 year olds play football - everyone is running after the ball no matter if they have a chance to catch it or not. In an organised play with halfway fixed position str and armor guys have a use and place. I think a good mixture of agi and str players is best then.

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2012, 12:31:13 am »
unlock the server plz

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2012, 12:32:59 am »
Agi guys only seem so overpowered in this gamemode at the moment because the general level of skill and understanding is still very low. People play this like 5 year olds play football - everyone is running after the ball no matter if they have a chance to catch it or not. In an organised play with halfway fixed position str and armor guys have a use and place. I think a good mixture of agi and str players is best then.
Mehh, buff the influence that str has on powers of throws. Make agi whores pretty much unable to pass. Currently the agi/light armor advantage is way too big.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2012, 12:39:54 am »
+2
after respawning you should have like 5 seconds invulnerability

also after scoring a goal i think it would be better if all the players would be teleported back to their goal
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2012, 12:57:03 am »
after respawning you should have like 5 seconds invulnerability

also after scoring a goal i think it would be better if all the players would be teleported back to their goal

5 seconds is too much. 3 seconds would be ok, you can kill 2 other players in 5 seconds

about the xp whine, since there are 5 total goals to score for each team i think this is a good idea:

1st Goal - x1 multiplier tick for scoring team
2nd Goal - x2 multiplier tick for scoring team
and so on, you get the idea
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:58:16 am by Renay »
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.