Author Topic: Let's take a moment and LOL together.  (Read 19094 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Let's take a moment and LOL together.
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2012, 09:11:49 pm »
+1
"The Mercs? Goddamn! 35 of them held back a group of 600 players' combined economic and troop power for a week or so. Now that's impressive, goddamn legendary. Hats off to you, boys."

Damn I must have been sleep fighting again. I didnt realise my economic and troop power for an entire week just went to fight the mercs. guess I missed that part
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »
+1
Laugh it up UIF, laugh it up. UCBC Tears will sweep the battlefield in a great flood of whine.

Next strat you are finished!
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2012, 09:16:28 pm »
"The Mercs? Goddamn! 35 of them held back a group of 600 players' combined economic and troop power for a week or so. Now that's impressive, goddamn legendary. Hats off to you, boys."

Damn I must have been sleep fighting again. I didnt realise my economic and troop power for an entire week just went to fight the mercs. guess I missed that part

I think the Russians replaced our water hole with vodka, and then stole all our equipment and troops.
Turtles

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2012, 09:18:04 pm »
*Shrugs*

My offer has almost 21 hours remaining if anyone cares to actually start something.

So that you can talk your way out of paying next time too?

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:14 pm »

I stated clearly what a major war is, and specifically said not a few skirmishes.

Everyone but you and the other Grey thinks this actually does not count. This is not me talking my way out of something, I did not say "A battle" I said a Major War, and so far everyone thinks they are agreeing with me in that your attack is just mop-up operations.

Is your grasp of the English Language so poor that you are not understanding my previous posts at all?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:23:02 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »
I guess you're not very familiar with - or just Fallens aren't since you got wiped - that gathering and equiping five and a half thousand troops takes shitload of time and effort, aka. it is major. I dont really care about your money, I just dislike it when people baldly claim something and whey they realize that they might actually have to back it up, well, they retract it instead and say that they didnt really mean it. Or something like that.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »
+1

Talk his way out? You really consider the whole Grey Order vs last town of HRE a major war? That's interesting, although I think you're underestimating your own faction.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2012, 09:33:21 pm »
Talk his way out? You really consider the whole Grey Order vs last town of HRE a major war? That's interesting, although I think you're underestimating your own faction.

This.

So...

20 Hours and 20-ish minutes remaining on my offer, oh-glorious Grey order.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »
Harpag please attack us already, the few players we had that can actually fight don't play crpg anymore and the people who can sign up for us (without being afraid of angering you) have also lost interest...
Hurry!

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:11 pm »
+1
@ okiN - I disagree. Do not insult them because they are tough guys. I think it is still a serious opponent. Just look at the number of tickets condensed in one village and recall Emirin. Druzhina put a huge effort to suppress them.

That's all true, and a great credit to HRE. That doesn't make the outcome any less of a foregone conclusion, so it's still just a one-sided clean-up operation rather than a proper war. Hopefully there will be some fun battles anyway. :)
Don't.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:10 pm »
You seem to have difficulty understanding basic concepts:
Major Wars
So you say that your ally HRE isn't a MAJOR and proud clan ? Good to know  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »
That doesn't make the outcome any less of a foregone conclusion, so it's still just a one-sided clean-up operation rather than a proper war.

Tot disagrees, this is a serious, proper, major war. Tough times ahead!

Poor Greys, I hope you can pull through this bitter fight!
So you say that your ally HRE isn't a MAJOR and proud clan ? Good to know  :P
I'm saying The Gey order VS what is left of HRE is not a Major War.

Unless the Grey Order is Grossly incompetent, they are assured a win and won't even have to do more then this one battle.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2012, 10:00:58 pm »
Who talking about one battle? You break the word, you have no honor ... blah blah blah  :wink:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2012, 10:12:56 pm »
I still feel you've failed to understand the situation.  Your working under the premise that we were somehow coordinating with theses "UIF" factions.

You're trading with them? If you're trading, you're not fighting.
That's, by very definition, coordination. Casimir, you're making this too easy for me.

As I've said our only agreement with the "UIF" is that of trade with the Grey order, their only support has been that. Other than that I fail to see how they were involved in the fight against Fallen/HRE.  I do agree that strategus has reached a bit of a stalemate, but the few people willing to actively partake in strategus will always govern to masses who only look to fight.

ARE the Grey, DRZ, both core-UIF and lackey-UIF (that plethora of clans that refuse to fight a decent war like yourself) the MASSES or not? Goddamn, you flip flop from saying "poor us, we're not that big despite what the numbers clearly say" to agreeing that you and your Non-aggression buddies are indeed as massive as everybody knows you are. You have MASSES of people. MASSES. Even if they only want to fight, they still make troops and trade goods. Stop pretending otherwise. Remember that term, intellectual dishonesty? Stop it.

Most people are not going to plan to go to war, and expect to loose. That is why people cooperate against a common enemy.   Having fought the actual UIF in the first strat I'm more than aware of how powerful it is as an entity and realise the problems faced when fighting an overwhelming force.

If you can't beat them, join them? Or just puss out and refuse to fight them? How exactly does your brain justify this nonsense when you argue that those who are significantly weaker than you are inferior for fighting against an enemy you refuse to fight, but they simply cannot defeat (again, look at the NUMBERS)?

Last round of strategus we were approached by a number of people involving us with the forces fighting LLJK. We found that unless you take a firm stance and a commanding role you will be vulnerable to treachery.  As such we chose to cooperate with those that we trusted and relied upon. our friends in the Wolves were an obvious first choice but some others did not wish to work with us, or simply ignored us.  All in all to have the ability to wage wars you have to survive, you need security. You call me a coward for not attacking an enemy which would vastly outnumber us, i just think its sensible.  Its not that a hard fight inst interesting, in fact the battles fought against HRE were highly enjoyable and showed excellent coordination by the defenders.

Please be more mindful and edit your posts for clarity. Yes, coalitions against larger opponents do work- especially with your coalition can outnumber them with only a clan or two such as the Strat 2.0, the counter-LLJK coalition.

So hear me one more time- LOOK. AT. THE. NUMBERS. Getting bigger than the UIF and its NAP forces is out of the question. Even the Grey Order ALONE is larger than LLJK.

So apply your own fucking logic. Form a coalition, and attack the Grey Order! That's essentially what you're telling everyone else to do. Grow a pair and bust a move you twit. Show me you can do it. I eagerly await to see your glorious crusade coalition fight the UIF. I double dog dare you.

I really don't know who yo think you are to be analysing me personally, i've never spoken to you in person, i believe this thread is the first time i've ever replied to one of your posts.  So for you to judge my character and personality on the basis of a few forum posts really makes me question whether your insight is worth listening to.  I'm more than willing to have discussion with people who are reasonable and capable of not talking about individuals.  If you actually knew anything of how the Crusader alliance worked you'd know that i am not in charge at all, that we work via a council system and that our most active member is ryan.  Therefore to assess my character based off the actions of our entire alliance really does seem a little out of place.  I also take offence at being called Intellectually dishonest.  My only intent when posting on these forums is to express my opinion and hope to allow others to see things from my perspective.  I don't expect personal insults because of it.

I am marginally regretful for personal attacks. I truly want to talk to you in person. Come over to Fallen Teamspeak sometime, I'd love to chat.

That being said, marginally regretful is all you'll get. I've seen what the Crusaders have done (and not done), and I know that you have strong influence in that circle. Based upon the glowing descriptions of your own logical justifications for your actions, it's still appalling. It's boring. Your "advice" is unabashedly riddled with hypocrisy, "I don't want to lose by fighting them when I know I can't win!", "You should go do 'this or that' and then you'll beat them!"

Do you even realize it? You're so defensive about your actions, you've blinded yourself to the abundant failures of the political maneuvers that have turned a potentially awesome game - Strategus - into a nitwit's bargain of who can shake the most hands and avoid fighting until the numbers are overwhelming. And then, you expect us to be impressed?

We're not. Because that's lame as shit. I stick by my guns, rude as it may have been. You're unimpressive and intellectually dishonest. Prove me wrong.

I think you show a great ability to add up numbers garem, but expressing your opinion of my character really detracts from your points.  I'd like to offer the same advice that was given to me after the Templars had been defeated by UIF. Wait for the wipe, or do something about it.

Again. "Wait for the wipe" is a lot less fun than playing a game where wars and intrigue are abundant. Where power actually SHIFTS from time to time. The UIF was founded in 2010. They've been singing kumbaya together ever since.

When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Maybe I tip toe the bounds of decency, but I will not yield my honesty to civility.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2012, 10:14:27 pm »
You break the word, you have no honor ... blah blah blah  :wink:

Nah, pretty sure my standards have yet to be met  :)

Besides, hard to see you Greys from my cloudy and oh-so-lofty pedestal built on the skeletons of your 100 CD Key fiasco.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:15:48 pm by Tears of Destiny »