Author Topic: Let's take a moment and LOL together.  (Read 18929 times)

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
Let's take a moment and LOL together.
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »
+21
First, very nice new features on the website! I particularly like that you can look at so many details about Strategus- Factions, Locations, even individual players!

While exploring this, I found a few funny numbers. Let's look, shall we?

Who is in the top 5 spots of membership?

Grey Order! Damn, lots of them Poles- 126 in sum! No surprise there.
Then LLJK, 103 of those loony goons. Mostly bastard sons of PhantomZero, I hear. He's a prolific philanderer they say.
Then you've got a tie for third, the furry bears of Druzhina and the pony riding Templars with 98 apiece (yes, that's 98 + 98)!
And in fifth place... Union with a sporting 93 thieving Nordic vikings!

For full disclosure, my own fine villains of the Fallen Brigade take 6th place, at about 2/3 as many members as the 5th place Union - 67 to be precise.

Yay for the glory and honor of the UIF! With 415 members in the TOP 5 ALONE, they've been able to beat all of those big bad Mercs!

All 35 of them! Hot damn, how impressive!

Of course, you could then add in 180 from the Wolves, Ravens, and BashiBazouks to bring that UIF sum up to a healthy 595 players. And I'm not going to bother adding in the other various smaller clans, 600 is a nice workable number.

With 7 of the top 10 clans giving allegiance to the UIF, congratulations.

You've won a war game by... not actually fighting anyone at all.

Yay, super fun times!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:57:12 pm by Garem »
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Let's take a moment and LOL together.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:11:35 am »
+6
Ah. It dawned on me after posting that my point may be lost. Many of you don't speak English well, and sarcasm doesn't translate well over text even for native speakers.

I'm attempting to draw attention to two things.

First, the UIF and her members are downright shameful. Second, the UIF is exceptionally dull.

Instead of proving how talented you are with strategy, the UIF and all her members have decided to win with overwhelming numbers. Instead of a victory worth enjoying, you play the game on super easy mode. When you have more members, you don't have to rely on cunning or strategy at all- members means two things: gold and troops. With no disadvantage for massive playercounts and every imaginable advantage being gained from a HUGE faction... your victory is a sham! It doesn't mean anything. Strat 3 was a gigantic waste of not only every other players' time, it's been a waste of your own.

Furthermore, in the face of an opposition that literally cannot be stopped, the game has ground to a halt. Huge numbers of cRPG and Strat players that were enjoying the game, stopped enjoying it because they knew how impossible it would be to overcome the advantages of a mega-faction that the UIF has so relished in abusing. What's a player to do? You gave them no option, and they left.

It's just so wonderful to me that the dev team has given the playerbase a look at the numbers. We all had a good idea how fucking massive the UIF was. Now we have hard numbers! 600 players in the TOP TEN ALONE.

I would hope that you have serious discussions amongst your own clans and decide that this game would be much better off if we actually played it. I hope that the next time you win in Strategus, I can give you an honest congratulations for a victory you actually deserve.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:43:26 am by Garem »

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:57 am »
They are playing hide and seek but there is noone seeking...

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:25:53 am »
+1
I'm the leader of our group, so my job was to attract many players and give them a nice atmosphere inside the clan, preventing abandonment. That's all. By the way, looking at dry numbers do not give a true picture. Among the 126 people enrolled in the fraction, at least half the people are completely inactive. From remainder, barely half is very active. Long ago I should clean up the list of players, but I was too lazy. So there is no reason for excitement. Do not seek to explain the current situation of calculating statistics. Looking for blame in the midst of us, rather than work on your own faction? Start with your own helplessness, because what you write here is buffoonery. Especially in the face of what some of you write in the forum. You're right - Let's take a moment and LOL together  :lol:

PS. Do not forget that the UIF in a form which you describe, is merely the product of your imagination. Some factions simply do not fight (so far) between themselves and that's all. Oh, and please write for sure, who you think is in a so called UIF, because as I look at what you write, I no longer believe my own eyes  :rolleyes:  Templars will be severely pissed off when they see it  :wink:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 03:00:17 am »
Just because no one else has the sense to ally up like the "UIF" (less alliance more non-aggression pact but whatever) doesn't make it their fault that Strategus is boring.

Offline Majer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Behold!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Majer_The_Grey
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:26:32 am »
+2
It's not like we all fight them at once. We actually form and wait in lines to beat up their arses. I cried for a month when I've lost my block ticket coupon with 30 battle passes.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:29:06 am by Majer »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 06:43:28 am »
+4
Crusader alliance is not just Templar. It consists of Knights Templar, Schwert Bruder and Varangian Rus, all of whom are around the same size.  Please be more accurate in future

Furthermore we have no formal alliance with any "UIF" factions and took no part in the war against mercs The only association the Templars have is a simple trade agreement with teh Grey order, due mostly to their excellent position on the map with regards to ours.  These "UIF" forces also took no part in our war against Fallen/HRE, lending no troops gold and only a few members to fight in our occasional battles, as they also did for our opponents.

As such i'd request that you try to be more careful in how you represent the situation rather than clearly trying to draw some kind of picture that involves me hugging Plazek and friends :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:48:30 am by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline ryanwilson140

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Alpha, Templar_Omega_
  • IRC nick: Templar_Alpha
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:21 am »
+1
Fallen Brigade;

Direct vassals:
- Disbanded Militia (were part of fallen 2 months ago)
- Timurids (were part of fallen 2 months ago)

Allies:
- Kapikulu
- HRE
- GK
- Byzantium
- FCC
- Mercs

If you have more clans that have formed out of your demise on strategus let me know. Usually when clans die they split into multiple new ones, much like a Virus.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 07:31:43 am »
+1
Yay for the glory and honor of the UIF! With 415 members in the TOP 5 ALONE, they've been able to beat all of those big bad Mercs!
You forget about 2 UIF members: LLJK & Fallen Brigade  :rolleyes:

P.S.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:53 am »
ahahah brilliant

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:23:20 am »
You've got the core UIF (Legio, DRZ, Bashi, 22nd, Grey Order, Raven?)  then you've got the UIF sympathizers (wolves, templars, etc)  Anyway, that's how I look at it.  Loosely 85% of the strat factions have non-agression pacts or are directly working together.

I'm pretty close to being done with strategus.  Between the dev team spending their time developing new hats, unplayed game types (rageball, dtv, ctf, stronghold) and new ways to nerf archers AND the massive carebear alliances on the EU side the game is in pretty miserable shape.

In fact I've been playing this last year hoping that things would be improved upon but so far the game is worse now than it was a year ago.

And if you're looking at the Fallen Brigades allies, it's only HRE and GK.  No other vassels or allies.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 09:39:00 am »
+8
Fallen Brigade;

Direct vassals:
- Disbanded Militia (were part of fallen 2 months ago)
- Timurids (were part of fallen 2 months ago)

Allies:
- Kapikulu
- HRE
- GK
- Byzantium
- FCC
- Mercs

If you have more clans that have formed out of your demise on strategus let me know. Usually when clans die they split into multiple new ones, much like a Virus.

I'm glad you're willing to talk about this. Your logic is off, but now we're talking- that's good! I'll address ryan, then Casamir, then Harpag.

---

ryanwilson, so very glad that you brought this up!

Let's have another nice chat about what was done in response to the UIF!

First off, I don't know who the Disbanded Militia is. None of them have ever been Fallen, or friends of Fallen!
But you know what, I'm just going to go with your assumption that they are friends of Fallen. Let's add their grand total of THREE members to our swelling ranks. Off to a great start on our counter-UIF team!

Then there's the Timurids. Yes, three of its members were once Fallen, three Russian-speakers who spoke no English whatsoever. They left for Timurids, creating another whopping dynasty of Eight players. We've got no official relations with them, but again, we'll go with your assumption.

67 + 3 + 8 = 78!

Hmm. Well, that doesn't seem as impressive as the list of names you tried to throw out. Let's take a look at allies.

For starters, Great Khans are our well respected vassals! HRE is, as we've always stated, our only true friends. Sure, we've made alliances. Did you think to ask why? I refer to the number stated above, somewhere in the realm of 600. Alliances of necessity, truly- the Fallen Brigade, and pretty much all of the factions on that list, aren't interested in grand alliances to draw the game into two mega-factions. Why? See point two above- it's so goddamn boring. That's why. We need smaller factions so everyone can play great Strategus battles!

Now, here's the list you provided. I'm adding another friend of Fallen, TKoV. Good people, TKoV, I don't want to exclude them.
Turks - 30 players
HRE - 43
GK - 23
Byzantium - 25
FCC - 43
Mercs - 35
TKoV - 43
Fallen (and our alleged "vassals") - 78

In sum?

Viva la resistance?

Before you start throwing out names, check your numbers. 339 against 595 (probably much higher adding Legione Italica, 22nd, and the several other hangers-on lackies.) Your point is invalid- it's all about the numbers.

---

Casimir, you're right. Templ-- Crusaders are several smaller clans making a larger one. If it makes you happy for me to call it the Crusaders, so be it- I just know you and yours as Templars, having once been major enemies of my own faction so long ago.

However, nothing within your post makes any argument against my point- only affirming what we all know. You see the big dog, you don't bother fighting. If anything, the Crusaders are the greatest offenders. Why the hell are you helping the UIF with this giant hand-holding peace nonsense? Why the fuck is that fun for you, or anyone, to take the easy path and make a treaty with the strongest faction in the game?

It makes no sense! You get more gold, so you can... win an advantage over already smaller opponents? You're the THIRD largest clan in the game, you big wimps! Why the hell do you need the UIF's trade agreements to win fights? It's a goddamn shame.

Also, didn't you take Tulbuk, then give it to the Hospitallers?

---

Harpag,

We've never met. Sup.

I'm not frustrated with large clans. If it were, say, a clan of 300 people... yea, I might be a little worried and upset. But there's no shame in being good at recruitment. In theory, there's not even a problem with alliances. There is, however, a big fucking problem with a mega-carebear agreement that makes the game so imbalanced its unplayable.

I really just want you to think about what you're doing. You're in control of the game, frankly. The game will either continue to suck or become fun again if you and the UIF make the right decisions. A monumental counter-UIF group was tried. We could, at best, muster 339 people. We tried. It became a matter of numbers, and the numbers just aren't there.

Are you really having fun fighting battles you can't lose?
How long would you play cRPG if you ran around in full plate against peasants in clubs?
How long would you stay if you were the peasant?

But let's get on to your specific complaints.

Players are leaving Grey, but they're leaving everyone. Skyrim, holidays, they've all had a toll on the factions. Everyone is suffering, and there's no compelling evidence that we're not all suffering player attrition equally. It's just a null point without further proof. We have the numbers of players who have joined the factions since Strat 3 started, so that's what we're going to use.

I am working on my own faction. I've brought in a few NA players, and even talked four of my RL friends to buy Warband and join Fallen. If you want a fun and active group of players that enrich the Strategus and cRPG community, I don't think anyone can speak ill of Fallen. We host tourneys, we lead Big Team Battles, invite scrimmages, host weekly trainings, and we've been at war with a larger faction in Strategus since our founding in 2010. Pretty good, I'd say. I'm not an EU player, but has the Grey Order ever hosted a big scrimmage or tournament? I don't recall any, but it's certainly possible I just didn't hear about them.

Lastly, I understand how the UIF is built. There are a few core groups (Druzhina, Grey Order, Legione, 22nd) and then there are a load of other "non-aggression" pacts and a web of trade agreements that have essentially shut down the game on the EU side. Nobody is fighting.

There's a saying in America. "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck- it's probably a duck."

Well, all those clans are doing jack shit, fighting significantly weaker clans, and trading with the core UIF members. Sounds like UIF to me. See my answer to Casimir for more on this issue.

---

Cheers to you all,

Garem
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:50:02 am by Garem »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 10:02:54 am »
This is so incredibly accurate, well done, Garem! :o

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 10:09:13 am »
Garem deserves an applause. Clap yo hands people

I'm just going to sum them all together as they haven't really fought eachother:

22nd - 33
Bashibazouks - 57
Crusader Alliance - 98
Druzhina - 98
Grey Order - 126
Knights Hospitaller - 53
Legione Italica - 53
Merciless - 23
Occitan - 47
Raven - 60
Union - 93
Wolves - 63
------------------------------

804 total Carebears

:wink:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:24:20 am by Vibe »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:18:42 am »
+1
clap
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!