Author Topic: NERF 2h/polearm, esp. reduce 2h and polearms speed  (Read 9232 times)

Offline Tempest

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tempest
Re: NERF 2h/polearm, esp. reduce 2h and polearms speed
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »
This is one of the most retarded threads I've ever seen.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 06:49:45 pm »

I was planning to type a detailed and in depth post as to why michael is wrong and then I decided to just say fuck it and quote phyrex.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »

Well it IS Michael/Finished.  He's part of the special few that are truly legitimately terrible at the game and incapable of posting anything but gibbering drivel.  Like balton and trippin.  Good for your daily Nelson-esque point and laugh fix.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »
I'm a sword and board right now and I'd like to chime in by saying I'm happy with speed balance right now.  Currently the weapons which really scare me are the side sword, steel pick, great long bardiche, and the great long axe.  As it should be right?

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 12:45:07 am »
Just tried it on duel server.

This char has atm over 100 wpf in 1h, and 1 in 2h.

I am better with peasant cutter katana (2h version) where I have invested not one single weapon point and no shield, than with every 1h weapon I tried (Scimitar, Elite Scimitar, Steel Pick, Sarranid Cavalry Sword, all types of axes, Military Sickle, all types of sabres, yeah), with Nordic shield, or without shield.

Please never ever someone say katana needs skill.

The question now is, however, for what exactly do I invest skill points in Shield and Weapon Master to boost 1h wpf, when its totally useless?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 12:48:15 am »
If you post a screenshot with youself getting a 3-0 score with a peasant cutter katana (2h version) where you have invested not one single weapon point and no shield it will be considered a valid argument and therefore the dev team will have no choice but to implement your suggestions.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 12:51:59 am »
The only true issue I have with 1h/shield is the speed of the shield. You can get it up quite fast, but it's so slow to drop when you attack.
I can fight people who are just waiting for me to start an attack. Then, as soon as they see the animation start (my character slowly dropping his shield before raising his arm to strike), they swing and hit me first.

Yes, whilst I agree with you that time from block to attack is way slower than not using a shield, its still not spamable. I was doing fine on my 1hander with 9 agi and an axe versus katana users so.. The only times I  get "outspammed" is when I overestimate the skill of the enemy and he does not try to block when I feint=/

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 12:54:49 am »
Finshed/Michael

Stop ranting about. With 100+ ping you have no say in any wep-balance discussion. The game is simply unbalanced for all with that high pings, the netcode cant deal with it.. Why you even want to play this game with that ping is a mystery to me. Make an archer or smth.. but stay out of any melee discussions.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 01:04:29 am »
The question now is, however, for what exactly do I invest skill points in Shield and Weapon Master to boost 1h wpf, when its totally useless?

Idk, I have 4 shield skill, a knightly heather and a 2x heirloomed sarranid cavalry sword for horseback slashing and I do decently well on foot. It took a bit of getting used to after using a long polearm but I really don't see the problem now that you can't get 2331231 wpf through retirements and agistacking.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 01:25:12 am »

I am better with peasant cutter katana (2h version) where I have invested not one single weapon point and no shield, than with every 1h weapon I tried (Scimitar, Elite Scimitar, Steel Pick, Sarranid Cavalry Sword, all types of axes, Military Sickle, all types of sabres, yeah), with Nordic shield, or without shield.

And here's a picture of me doing 54/11 on the duel server with my 1H:Just because you suck with 1hs doesn't mean they're bad weapons. Likewise just because I can do well with them doesn't make them overpowered. They're fine.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 01:39:49 am »

By "Better" do you mean that you managed 1 kill, 56 deaths with katana and 0 kills, 56 deaths with 1h?

Well Michael, I'm here to tell you that even you can get lucky sometimes!

So take part in Euromillions lottery, today is your day! Seize the moment!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 01:46:03 am »
And here's a picture of me doing 54/11 on the duel server with my 1H:Just because you suck with 1hs doesn't mean they're bad weapons. Likewise just because I can do well with them doesn't make them overpowered. They're fine.

Was gonna say something similar, but you beat me to it :(

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 04:08:24 am »
By "Better" do you mean that you managed 1 kill, 56 deaths with katana and 0 kills, 56 deaths with 1h?

Well Michael, I'm here to tell you that even you can get lucky sometimes!

So take part in Euromillions lottery, today is your day! Seize the moment!

:lol:
God wills it!
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 04:18:21 am »
Try a full strength character vs an agility build (21 or higher) with a longsword/heavy bastard/katana. You will get outspammed pretty hard.

The only true issue I have with 1h/shield is the speed of the shield. You can get it up quite fast, but it's so slow to drop when you attack.
I can fight people who are just waiting for me to start an attack. Then, as soon as they see the animation start (my character slowly dropping his shield before raising his arm to strike), they swing and hit me first.

Damage and speed of 1h is fine without a shield, but the speed and damage difference with the longer great swords is so minimal, there's no reason to fight with a 1h/no shield build unless you go for style/deliberatly want to gimp yourself.

I have a full strength build with 3 agi and a 88 speed weapon and I don't get outspammed by agi builds :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 04:25:40 am »
Indeed-o, footwork's the name of the game.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.