Author Topic: NERF 2h/polearm, esp. reduce 2h and polearms speed  (Read 9247 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NERF 2h/polearm, esp. reduce 2h and polearms speed
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:28 am »
From my observations I have found that 2h and polearm is much less restricted by the physics in this game in comparison to 1h weapons which litterally get caught on everything.
+2 cents

Not that everything else you write isn't BS, but this is just plainly and clearly wrong. Your observations suck, boy.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2011, 11:37:08 pm »
Not that everything else you write isn't BS, but this is just plainly and clearly wrong. Your observations suck, boy.

I can easily get 5 other people I know to say the same thing, since they brought it up to me in the first place.

Secondly test it yourself and see how BS it is, I see it in siege all the time with Pole Axe weapons ghosting through walls when they are prepared inside the wall already.

Just 2 days ago I found a flamberg in the siege server and swung through 2 team mates and got kills both times and wall ganked once too.

I guess maybe its just my imagination killing my enemies now and not the broken game physics on certain weapons.

Do you offer any proof other then just your constant epeen flexing and your word vs mine?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »
I can easily get 5 other people I know to say the same thing, since they brought it up to me in the first place.

Secondly test it yourself and see how BS it is, I see it in siege all the time with Pole Axe weapons ghosting through walls when they are prepared inside the wall already.

Just 2 days ago I found a flamberg in the siege server and swung through 2 team mates and got kills both times and wall ganked once too.

I guess maybe its just my imagination killing my enemies now and not the broken game physics on certain weapons.

Do you offer any proof other then just your constant epeen flexing and your word vs mine?

Tried ghosting thru wall with LHB from all different angles and it didn't work. Don't know about poleaxes but it might be just wall fail. As for flameberge ghosting thru teammates - it usually looks like ghosting because you're swinging from behind but it just might be that it was actually the enemy that was hit first (you can hit from behind due to length), then the flameberge passed thru your teammate (once the flameberge hits the enemy the animation won't stop for anything, afaik)... Either way it's very rare and like Xant said, everything else you said is complete BS.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:51:41 pm by Vibe »

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »
Must be fail walls then because I distinctly remember this happening a few times on specific walls on siege servers.

Flamberg on the other hand might be true if the swing starts high and goes over a team mate reaching the right height to hit your target, but it is difficult to say really since it looks so close.

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »
My only gripe about 2h weapons is the lack of glancing at close range. Someone with a warcleaver can facehug better than someone with a shortsword. It looks retarded, a guy with a massive sword circle strafing and slashing through the floor into a guys legs.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »

+ 1

And yea, make this game even slower as it is now... O M F G NO.

There is MANY 1H+Board guys playing extremly well - what ofc leaves room for speculation according to your general performance ingame -