Author Topic: NERF 2h/polearm, esp. reduce 2h and polearms speed  (Read 9230 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: NERF 2h/polearm, esp. reduce 2h and polearms speed
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 10:01:08 am »
This is one of the most retarded threads I've ever seen.
Nah, i've seen better. Michael/Finished must be getting sloppy, this is rather boring trollery.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 07:04:32 pm »
Nah, i've seen better. Michael/Finished must be getting sloppy, this is rather boring trollery.

True I mean you can actually use the best hyperspeed one handers(heirloomed once I recommend) without a shield and get good kills, following this would only exacerbate that issue

(this requires modest manual blocking and feinting a wee  bit but I know firsthand this works with steel pick and side sword)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:06:07 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »
I nearly thought about responding to his arguments in this thread. But you guys already did it for me, so thank you for saving me some time :)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:06 pm »
honestly; this whole thread is trolling.

I've played 2h and polearm alot, and i'd say im average-a little above average.
When i play my lvl 25 shielder alt, it's pure easymode and i get a kill-death ratio of 3 without even trying... it is so much easier.

also, i've had 12/27 twice heirloomed katana build, and still i could only outspam 1/10 players, as spamming is simply not an effective way of plying.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 05:30:32 am »
My 1h lvl 18 alt, if you can't manage with any 1h weapon... well then sorry pal, wake up and smell the coffee. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline Aldwyn

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »
I've played both classes, and can easily say 2h is way easier.  The only time 1h has advantage is fighting in a crowd, as a 1h I often killed one or two and caused some tks before I died.  As 2h though, If I find a shielder or 2 alone I can manuver around them and simply right swing spam until they fuck up timing and die or hit them around their shield.  It's exceptionally easy to kill 90% of shielders, of course there are those that somehow (I don't know how) mastered the class like ManoWar or Balbaroth.  To counter awesome 2h spam and damage, I'd say increase all 1h speeds by 10 to compensate for the slow shield lowering animation.

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »
I only have a problem with the animations the 1h wiffs on face hugging whilst the polearm and 2h  can do so as much as they want and still do normal to good damge. The 1h is very crippled i went with an 8 ps 1h and still average the kills I do with my 4 ps and 27 agi 1h now both of these i had to ditch the shield in order to have killing ability. In a way it seems like 1h shielders are built for being that wall you need for the team and for being that man with survivability.

As a 1h shielder your job is to get in the way and support that way not to be the killer, you are there to stall a good player till he can be swarmed or waste an archers arrows.

But, I will repeat myself about the animation, if you are face hugging a polearm or 2h you should be wiffed on because they already have the range on your weapon if you are a 1h.
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 10:23:06 pm »
If I find a shielder or 2 alone I can manuver around them and simply right swing spam until they fuck up timing and die or hit them around their shield.

lol wat.

Maybe if they just bought M&B and they're drunk on elderberries you can do that.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 10:26:32 pm »
lol wat.

Maybe if they just bought M&B and they're drunk on elderberries you can do that.

+1

Offline Aldwyn

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 10:50:38 pm »
most shielders can't fight like balbaroth can...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 10:53:00 pm »
most shielders can't fight like balbaroth can...

Yes most shielders can't even follow targets, imagine how they'd do as 2h with manual blocking when they have to both follow AND block  :o
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 11:00:51 pm »
Shield coverage has been nerfed hard, still fun to see turtles that haven't realized this yet, and just rmbs without turning towards the attack somewhat. Then you move to their side and slash them, however such sighting are extremely rare.

Offline Murrogh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 01:59:23 am »
I've played both classes, and can easily say 2h is way easier.  The only time 1h has advantage is fighting in a crowd, as a 1h I often killed one or two and caused some tks before I died.  As 2h though, If I find a shielder or 2 alone I can manuver around them and simply right swing spam until they fuck up timing and die or hit them around their shield.  It's exceptionally easy to kill 90% of shielders, of course there are those that somehow (I don't know how) mastered the class like ManoWar or Balbaroth.  To counter awesome 2h spam and damage, I'd say increase all 1h speeds by 10 to compensate for the slow shield lowering animation.
Adding 10 speed to 1-handers would make the good 1-handed weapons incredibly overpowered.

Many shielders notice the amount of time that it takes to lower a shield. This is actually very fast. The main delay is the shield blocking animation, this gives a large delay between when you successfully block an attack and when you can respond. If any changes were to be made, I would suggest changing this animation (or make it be sped up by shield skill).

However, shielders do not seem to be an underpowered class to me. The fact that many 1-handed weps already have over 100 speed makes it possible to make up for slow shield response time by using proper footwork, forcing glances or even removing your shield if you are in a 1v1 battle.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:01:39 am by Murrogh »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:38 am »
To be honest, with a 2x heirloomed SCS and a 21/15 build with 120 wpf, the only time I can remember I could not counterattack (rather then "I failed to do it properly") was vs a sidesword (1h) spammer with 20 ping less then me.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:10:46 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 02:26:19 am »
2h thrust damage should be not more than 15, 20 at most. Its silly that most 2hs dance around and stab, thats all they do. Greatswords were slash-weapons, the Romans short sword was a stab weapon.
saddly i say this part is true lol, am tried of people just spaming thrust as they run away