Author Topic: New ranged change  (Read 39244 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: New ranged change
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »
why should ranged do lots of damage?

'Hey.... clearly the risk vs reward doesn't count for ranged players if you haven't noticed the ranged lobby attitude.. offcourse its only fair they do the same dmg as melee while they be standing behind the rest of us busy in the meat grinder while they pad their kdr behind our backs without risking gettin cut to peices..

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:50:43 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2012, 11:53:36 pm »
Why an arrow in your chest might kill you? Maybe cause it perfurate your lounges?

It's really been a overnerf for archers, and an ultra-super-overnerf for HA.

Not fun anymore.

Offline mOus333

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Black_Widow
  • IRC nick: Black_Widow
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2012, 11:59:01 pm »
 I luv playng xbow-wuman in this mod to this music..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Hbscad7cI&feature=related
Now i just tell..
WTF is this shit, u kill mod 4 true xbow-wuman
Fuck the ladder
Fuck the cav
Fuck the 1/2 hand
I know that mace 4 x-bow was something  was something op
C,mon, dew take speed from it, WTF ,If u want make crpg some kind Ninvasion , u done it.
play 4 some time as a pure xbow playa, then make a desision.
I do not whine, Just do it ,then u will see , what u do to the true xbow.
( just 4 the record...
fuck the ladder,
try shoot some1 head in the ground clusterfuck )
UR welcome
dedicated xbow-user  -  black widow

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2012, 11:59:20 pm »
Still realism will always be a bad base to argument about balance.

I agree that this nerf was a bit over the top, but still ranged fighters should deal with the idea that not having to fight hand to hand in melee automatically should reduce their damage output.

I don't see any reason why staying outside melee should be the smartest behaviour, by not punishing it. Punish it, and perhaps a few archers will get back to melee.

I hate how the biggest noob archer can take out the best enemy dueller with a lucky headshot, without the dueller having done anything wrong, besides not hiding behind an obstacle and doing... nothing!

I would like to see the noob infantry that can luckily onehit kill the best enemy archer, without latter having done anything wrong.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:53 am »
From what I've seen this has helped cavalry a lot too, they're at far less risk from arrows now which used to deal a lot of damage to their horses, it seems they've got a more free reign over the battlefield due to this. Of course it's gonna be a week or two before the pikes come back out but the previous slot changes may effect this.

Also horse archers suck now.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:41 am »
I do see a heavy cavalry domination approaching, because ranged got nerfed so heavily, and pikes are almost unplayable to anyone but the best players. So we will soon either see some nerfs reverted, or cavalry being further nerfed.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:48 am »
horse archer = worse class , mongolain horse archer = best horse archer ever ( kill all polish knights)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2012, 12:09:23 am »
You clearly don't live in this reality. Archers are the only class to recieve a nerf in every single patch ever released for this game. Melee has had to "deal with it"?

Yes indeed. Melee had to deal with it from the dawn of Warband. You know in Native archers still shoot like M249's ? cRPG evolved in the right direction with most of the patches. And it is only now that I see we are close to something remotely fair.

Basically, melee making whining threads resulted in the ranged saying "deal with it". This is not about nerf/buff patches and the epidermic reactions that ensue. This is about the state of the game. It's only human that ranged whining gets the same stupid answer.

'Hey.... clearly the risk vs reward doesn't count for ranged players if you haven't noticed the ranged lobby attitude.. offcourse its only fair they do the same dmg as melee while they be standing behind the rest of us busy in the meat grinder while they pad their kdr behind our backs without risking gettin cut to peices..

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

I agree that this nerf was a bit over the top, but still ranged fighters should deal with the idea that not having to fight hand to hand in melee automatically should reduce their damage output.

I made the same remark, but I think Sebastian in particular will never get this.

Offline mOus333

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Black_Widow
  • IRC nick: Black_Widow
« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2012, 12:11:39 am »
ok..
nerfing  mace will be ok 4 arbalest user.
but c'mon
3-4 shoot to kil a fucking wilager??
W-T-F???
try to survive yhat shoot in ur pigammas..
best of luck...
And ur fucking horsies ,
headshots op??
My relodoad time take loots of round time (just 4 one shoot )
MW arbalest op?? MW steel bolts OP ?
its take 6 gen to put this shit on that lvl of damage..
try to do that , then whine.
Donkey team dont like to be 1shot, ur mod, ur problem...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2012, 12:16:05 am »
Still realism will always be a bad base to argument about balance.
Sure...?
...for balancing the missile speed on ranged weapons it was a realism argument,
but for balancing the damage it isnt? ... interesting interesting

I hate how the biggest noob archer can take out the best enemy dueller with a lucky headshot, without the dueller having done anything wrong, besides not hiding behind an obstacle and doing... nothing!
This is the job of ranged.
They have to kill the enemy while they stay outside the battlefield ... doesn't matter how good the enemy is.
And luck is a big part of this game especially for noobs(and not only for archers) ... deal with it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:19:27 am by _Sebastian_ »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26:12 am »

That's what archers have always done!  Jeez, talk about class jealousy.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2012, 12:28:41 am »
I do see a heavy cavalry domination approaching, because ranged got nerfed so heavily, and pikes are almost unplayable to anyone but the best players. So we will soon either see some nerfs reverted, or cavalry being further nerfed.

Do not forget that heavy cav pay bills equivalent to 3 footmen. And probably to 4 or even 5 pikemen. Besides, even in their poor current state, pikes aren't completely dead and will probably be played more if there's an influx in cav. Also never forget that cav unlike ranged isn't a self-sustaining class.

Even now, there are way too many cav running around for my liking when I play my cav main, I'm stopped at every corner by friendly (and enemy but that's justified) cav. I think many of the veteran cav think the same (Oberyn, Torben, Chagan and Tommyyy to name a few EU ones). On the contrary, I really like the cav density when I play my pikeman (note that str works much better than agi with that class, the char is 27/15 and is a pleasure to play, but I guess you found that out yourself).

So even if cavalry numbers increase, it is unlikely that the field will be clogged with more cav than inf/range, unlike what happened to range before the patch. Due to the self-respulsive effect, and the fact that few players actually have the means to pay the repairs.

However, I'm sure we'll see an increase in cav. The whole cavalry, not especially heavy cav. The main problem with light cav is (was ?) being squishy to projectiles. The 1° reason for going heavy instead of light cav was resistance to projectiles (and to melee but that's only secondary) and the psychological effect of high-armor horses ("shooting armored horses is useless because you need too many shots compared to other targets"). So actually, I don't think heavy cav will increase that much. It could even decrease due to heavy -> light transfers. But the light cav will certainly boom.

Sure...?
They have to kill the enemy while they stay outside the battlefield ... doesn't matter how good the enemy is.
And luck is a big part of this game especially for noobs(and not only for archers) ... deal with it.

No word about melee/ranged damage comparison ? And your reason to argue they should be equal ?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #297 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:21 am »
Sure...?

You really want to base arrow dmg off of realism? Having arrows stick and not do any significant damage to things like mail? Bouncing off of plate and scale?

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 19, 2012, 12:34:09 am »
why should ranged do lots of damage?

Better question.  How could ranged not do lots of damage?

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #299 on: January 19, 2012, 12:35:35 am »
No word about melee/ranged damage comparison ? And your reason to argue they should be equal ?
I did this more than enough.

I'm off... good night.
See you tomorrow.