Author Topic: New ranged change  (Read 39243 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: New ranged change
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2012, 07:13:49 pm »
+1
hmmm what makes this a melee combat game

could it be the "mount and blade" title? could it be the fact that archery is a godawful cone of fire system that lost favor in 2003 in contrast to the one of a kind melee system? it's a melee game, the whole thing revolves around melee, cav and archers exist to serve the glorious infantry, you're just peasant HA scum

Mount and Blade singleplayer (what the game was originally made for) field battles are largely won by archers and cavalry, with infantry there only to protect the archers. Actually, that had the best results in sieges, too. Holding your charge up the ladder until all of your archers had fired meant there would be very little opposition waiting at the top of that ladder. There's no question that archers won the day when defending in a siege.

Personally, the last thing I would ever want in my army, be it a field battle or siege, is a 2 handed fighter. An infantryman without a shield seems pretty useless outside of tournaments.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:16:59 pm by Gristle »

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2012, 07:14:48 pm »
Lol Tzar hate ranged so much) Tzar post here please Chase's score or Leed's score(some cav map maybe) so we can say that melee or cav is way to OP and it need nerf, and Jambi is ofc very good archer, i think same superskill has only bagge.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:43 pm »
So let me get this straight melee are forced to learn how to feint an block while archers should only learn to rmb at their targets as fast as possible doing the same fucked sick dmg pre patch...

So instead of gettin better an learning to play you just come here and demand uber dmg on body shots so u wont have to aim for sweetspots like head n legs..

Ohh ok i see ill let you continue sry for interrupting your flood of tears..

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »
So let me get this straight melee are forced to learn how to feint an block while archers should only learn to rmb at their targets as fast as possible doing the same fucked sick dmg pre patch...

So instead of gettin better an learning to play you just come here and demand uber dmg on body shots so u wont have to aim for sweetspots like head n legs..

Ohh ok i see ill let you continue sry for interrupting your flood of tears..

Tzar is 1 of this girls who allways cry about people who kill him))
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2012, 07:22:52 pm »
Tzar is 1 of this girls who allways cry about people who kill him))

k..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »
You deserve to be nerfed. Hiding on an unreachable roof with arrows dealing as much damage as a masterwork arbalest, without having to stand still for ages to reload. Your build combined with ladders and roofs is, and will always be, a fucking joke regarding balance.

No, they help in melee too. :)

Glad to see that as an admin you don't have a biased attitude. 

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »
Glad to see that as an admin you don't have a biased attitude.

Well, Wolves_Sebastian and his 100 pierce from a bow hiding on unreachable roofs, that's such a joke. However, I said the combined forces of being unreachable and having the damage of MW Arbalest and MW Steel Bolts with a bow. Just removing ladders would've been enough to remove that silly combo. :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »
i dont see the need for the nerf of the arbalest, in a 1v1 sitation the arbalest is mostly going to lose, a crossbow is mainly a support weapon and that what they were pre patch
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2012, 07:39:30 pm »
Well, Wolves_Sebastian and his 100 pierce from a bow hiding on unreachable roofs, that's such a joke. However, I said the combined forces of being unreachable and having the damage of MW Arbalest and MW Steel Bolts with a bow. Just removing ladders would've been enough to remove that silly combo. :wink:

lol gurnisson) you use awlpike and i think allmost 1 shoot every 1 with it speed dmg bonus) so ofc sebastian want to have great dmg too, why he shoud not? only 1 archer with this build on servers, only for that i respect him. and i also think removing ladders shoud be only nerf for ranged, not this stupid dmg nerf, to make all melee whieners happy

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »
Sebastian can fire hes arsenal of dmg from across the map gurnison has to get into the thick of combat..

But then again I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

But somehow ranged believe they should do the same dmg as melee without having to risk gettin into combat...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »
lol gurnisson) you use awlpike and i think allmost 1 shoot every 1 with it speed dmg bonus) so ofc sebastian want to have great dmg too, why he shoud not? only 1 archer with this build on servers, only for that i respect him. and i also think removing ladders shoud be only nerf for ranged, not this stupid dmg nerf, to make all melee whieners happy

Again:
Just removing ladders would've been enough to remove that silly combo. :wink:

The nerf on ranged was too harsh, especially for throwing and xbows. As for archers, maybe a bit too much, but they deserved a bit of a nerf since they were a lot better placed than xbows and throwers before this patch. Nah, I rarely one-shot tbh, but there's a lot of two-shots going. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2012, 07:44:54 pm »
hmmm what makes this a melee combat game

could it be the "mount and blade" title? could it be the fact that archery is a godawful cone of fire system that lost favor in 2003 in contrast to the one of a kind melee system? it's a melee game, the whole thing revolves around melee, cav and archers exist to serve the glorious infantry...

Your an idiot: It's called MOUNT AND BLADE: so if anything, Infantry and archers excist to serve glorious cavalry, seeing as they have MOUNTS AND BLADES. Think BEFORE you type.

Again:
The nerf on ranged was too harsh, especially for throwing and xbows. As for archers, maybe a bit too much, but they deserved a bit of a nerf since they were a lot better placed than xbows and throwers before this patch. Nah, I rarely one-shot tbh, but there's a lot of two-shots going. :P

Throw dmg was never too high, if anything too low, but AMMO and SHOT SPEED were too high on the axe type weapons. They clearly were the best choice pre-last patch, if they werent so fucking ugly I would have been using them. How many axes does a guy carry to chuck? 2 or 3? not a gazillion. Also: reality check real quick: throwing axes is unrealiable and not very accurate, while javelins and such were much more accurate than portrayed in this mod. But, nerf is easier than balance I guess.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:49:21 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »
Nerfing arbalest is a joke, if you miss with the arbalest, you have to resort to your melee, unlike archers when you shoot you can just outrun the person. I don't think the arbalest should have been nerfed with the other range, i thought it was quiet balanced in my opinion.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »
Nerfing arbalest is a joke, if you miss with the arbalest, you have to resort to your melee, unlike archers when you shoot you can just outrun the person. I don't think the arbalest should have been nerfed with the other range, i thought it was quiet balanced in my opinion.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Arbalestier only needs 15 STR, I believe, and no expenditure of skill points. The only reason all arbalestiers DID not run off from the fight to reload each time was that they have good stats for melee, and they choose to wear stupidly heavy armour (well, it doesnt reduce their accuracy, so why not?). EVEN HAVING these huge advantages over archers in melee, most arbalestiers DO disengage when possible to reload and grab another noskillkill. Also: with the massive accuracy and the lighting misile speed: HOW are you missing?
I don't know enough

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2012, 07:59:15 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Arbalestier only needs 15 STR, I believe, and no expenditure of skill points. The only reason all arbalestiers DID not run off from the fight to reload each time was that they have good stats for melee, and they choose to wear stupidly heavy armour (well, it doesnt reduce their accuracy, so why not?). EVEN HAVING these huge advantages over archers in melee, most arbalestiers DO disengage when possible to reload and grab another noskillkill. Also: with the massive accuracy and the lighting misile speed: HOW are you missing?

yea it is so OP, then make alt and show us you top scoreboard with it! if it is so easy , how you say, even if you never try it before, you will be great, so show us some screenshots pls