Author Topic: New ranged change  (Read 39242 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: New ranged change
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2012, 06:17:12 pm »
when a_bear_irl thinks archers seem fine, you know they got overnerfed.

If he is a bear IRL, why is his avatar a picture of Mr.Claus?
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2012, 06:18:35 pm »
and who is he? some peasant? who always cry about ranged? i never saw him )

2h strength build
english american bill user
NA player
my secret lover
heavy armor user

are all correct answers, however the bolded one probably means the most to you
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2012, 06:20:18 pm »
not only NA player... LLJK member...

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2012, 06:22:17 pm »
the missile speed wasnt nerfed...

It was nerfed like two patches back.But that wasnt the point of my post.
the point was that Ranged infantry is fine now, but Horse archers got overnerfed.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2012, 06:24:23 pm »
An LLJK/USA/whateverthefuckyouwanttopretendtobeSomethingAwefulForumUser Heavy Cavalry Player who complains that Rouncies can be taken down with three arrows and once proposed that it shoudl take seven or more in strategus, and regularly asks for Nerfs because apparently two or three shots to his cataphract's head or a half dozen or more shots to the horse itself is unfair...

Because he can't dodge arrows for shit compared to other heavy cav, somehow loses his horse faster then Huey loses his fragil Courser, and thinks that Archers having a K/D ratio that is positive means they are OP...

That would be bear.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:25:30 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2012, 06:26:24 pm »
+1
Consistently getting headshots is considerably harder than spamming overheads. As for crossbows, the buff MIGHT be noticed with a Light Crossbow. Any other crossbow was already a 1 hit kill except for maybe in the worst possible conditions.

It was said in Battle today that any damage from range is fine as long as it causes a stagger. I'm sorry, but I am using a Masterwork Arbalest and Well Made Steel Bolts. I expect to do a little more than cause a stagger. Though I do see the argument for range being support, an Arbalest + bolts is a little too expensive to be considered a support weapon. Something needs to change.

By the stats, my shots have a listed damage of 98 Pierce. Currently, people with only 7 body armor can survive a hit from this ridiculous amount of damage (I don't know how, but it happened today, and it wasn't raining). Honestly, I'm not sure which is more absurd. If it takes a Masterwork Arbalest 3 shots (with extremely long reloads) to kill a well armored opponent, I don't even want to imagine what state reasonable ranged weapons are in.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2012, 06:28:49 pm »
Simple way to make this game better, give back what range had before this fail patch.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2012, 06:38:57 pm »
Taken first day after so called fail patch.... cant u spray n pray archery fairy´s just stfu all rdy an atleast get used to aim for legs n head rather being depending on 2 shotting people in body shots like pre patch....

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »
Taken first day after so called fail patch.... cant u spray n pray archery fairy´s just stfu all rdy an atleast get used to aim for legs n head rather being depending on 2 shotting people in body shots like pre patch....

Stop posting a fucking picture of Jambi's score in every damn thread. Between you, Christo and a couple of others, it's becoming seriously retarded. That is one map and it's Jambi. Jambi is a bloody good archer, and will be regardless of nerfs. As I have said before, you balance by the average player (aka the majority), not the few who are actually good. If you did that then by all accounts every class should be nerfed into the ground.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2012, 06:44:28 pm »
shine: i'm using a 2h now, the bill is undeniably a better battle weapon but i think 2h is a little more fun

blindguy: all my points stand, archers are a support class, it doesn't matter what you personally play.

overdriven: because no matter what, archers always have the advantage of being far away from whoever they're trying to kill. i'm not opposed to archers being able to top the scoreboards, but it shouldn't be a regular sort of thing. this is a melee combat game and you're not in the melee combat, you're supporting the guys who are, that's just how the way it is, you're a support class.

tears: what are you talking about, i've never even managed to go a whole gen of cav because i don't like it, and my balance thoughts on cav can be summarized as "light cav seems fine, heavy cav should be more vulnerable to melee and less vulnerable to ranged"

also people are posting that scoreboard.jpg because it shows that archery is still totally viable, if you want to be a ~*~ bow hero ~*~ then get better at headshots.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2012, 06:47:54 pm »
overdriven: because no matter what, archers always have the advantage of being far away from whoever they're trying to kill. i'm not opposed to archers being able to top the scoreboards, but it shouldn't be a regular sort of thing. this is a melee combat game and you're not in the melee combat, you're supporting the guys who are, that's just how the way it is, you're a support class.

Wait...what designated this a melee combat game? It has ranged designed into it...

The further away they are the harder they are to hit. Hitting from range with most of the bows these days is more luck than skill. The slow arse missle speed, the fact the crosshairs are wide open, it pretty much forces archers to be relatively close. Close enough to be hit by all other types of range, close enough to get surrounded and caught up in melee now that roof camping is out, and easy enough for cavalry to prey on. They have enough dangers that should allow them to cause a significant amount of damage.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2012, 06:54:06 pm »
hmmm what makes this a melee combat game

could it be the "mount and blade" title? could it be the fact that archery is a godawful cone of fire system that lost favor in 2003 in contrast to the one of a kind melee system? it's a melee game, the whole thing revolves around melee, cav and archers exist to serve the glorious infantry, you're just peasant HA scum

and the whole "third battle line of archers" thing was a huge problem and it should be discouraged as much as possible, you seem to want it to be a bigger problem
FREE ALLERS

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »
Stop posting a fucking picture of Jambi's score in every damn thread. Between you, Christo and a couple of others, it's becoming seriously retarded.

I only used it once, because one archer said that archery is "dead".
That isn't the case, really.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »
hey just because most of you archers are total fail compared to Jambi doenst mean that the change is bad just because you gotten used to being able to 2 shot every1 in the body an are now forced to take more aimed shots at your enemy doenst mean that the change is bad it just made the game more balanced.

Slry we are talking about you having to use 1/2 more arrow per target then pre patch how fuckin bad can it be.... but hey keep crying they might give in sooner or later..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:07:33 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2012, 07:06:53 pm »
hey just because most of you archers are total fail compared to Jambi doenst mean that the change is bad just because you gotten used to being able to 2 shot every1 in the body an are now forced to take more aimed shots at your enemy doenst mean that the change is bad it just made the game more balanced.

i c wut u did der
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345