Author Topic: Slowass Combat speed  (Read 8487 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Slowass Combat speed
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:09 am »
Actually devs I enjoy the combat speeds now.  I don't really note that much difference from the previous version.  But then I would, I'm just a slow, old fart.  Plus I think it's funny to listen to all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

+1 Sir! +1 INDEED!

Cease your belly aching nooblets!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 08:28:17 am »
M0d is Dead
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:30:03 am by joosto »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 09:48:51 am »
+1
Devs, it is getting rather too slow and more boring ,  i hope that the mod is not going this direction and you actually have a few tricks up your sleeves to surprise us (in a good way) in the (nearest ?) future.

P.S. starting to have more and more fun playing native lately...

QFT   Feints are now totally useless even more then before   :cry:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »
Yes I don't like easy ass shit. I want it fast like it was, the whole point of feinting is to trick your opponent into making a mistake so you can land a hit. If you swing slow as fuck now it becomes easier for them to see it and block.... weak ass mods. I bet most mods are the ones are arn't that good and like this

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 06:56:08 pm »
Medium (or normal) combat speed is the setting on c-rpg servers.  Booty is most likely used to playing on the "Fastest" melee setting.  It's hard enough on "normal" for people with 120-150 ping to block, if we changed the melee speed to "fastest" it would literally make it impossible for people to block if they are playing across oceans.

All I've seen from BootyBuster is posting about how terrible c-rpg is, and how much better native is.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:57:27 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 07:15:41 pm »
people wit 120-150 ping either need better internet or a closer servor because their gameplay is gonna suck because of their lag.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:07 pm »
people wit 120-150 ping either need better internet or a closer servor because their gameplay is gonna suck because of their lag.

How old are you, and how long have you played c-rpg, what gen and level is your character?  Mind posting the screenshot?

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 07:24:39 pm »
Yes I don't like easy ass shit. I want it fast like it was, the whole point of feinting is to trick your opponent into making a mistake so you can land a hit. If you swing slow as fuck now it becomes easier for them to see it and block.... weak ass mods. I bet most mods are the ones are arn't that good and like this

As always, so smart going the "i bet you suck" way :mrgreen:

I see how many people who play this for a long time and especially with a single weapon type can be pissed but jeez you will adjust and be fine.
Obviously changing back stuff instantly does not really show how it works out in the long run which is the only thing that matters.

There was alot of talk about STR being better than AGI and maybe this is something that could be balanced into the speed direction.
But that again would piss off all the STR builds above 31 i guess :mrgreen:

Anyway... we are not ignoring everyone but we are also not getting lobbied into changing back stuff right away.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 07:30:37 pm »
this screwed all 2handers.

I mainly use 2handers like most people who like a weapon group.

I use unbalanced. War cleaver, great axe, bar mace swords mostly.

The right swing is pathetic as shit. Go check it out with a normal speed weapon. I don't see how Anyone can argue making it slower isn't making the game easier. Isn't This game suppose to be very very skill based.

I don't see anyone voting for changes I see just things being changed because the Mods want to.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »
Never will I believe ye Meow :P

Those Crafty fellows do quite well for 160-180 ping.

Not sure I buy the ping argument.. 'maybe' you can block with this slow arse shit.. but when are you going to attack? Turtle and let the guy get stabbed in the back? Hope he falls asleep? What for the inevitable packet loss that makes a block miss?

It certainly puts a fucking on footwork when a decent move only changes your position in 3D without giving you an advantage.

This is just a buff for everything but 2handers and polearms. And slow thinkers.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:43 pm »
I just tried out a polearm it the right swing doesn't seem fucked like the 2handers is...Am i wrong? Im testing shit out right now and it seems pretttty different then how it was. Maybe if polearm wasn't fucked with that much ill go that way untill this is fixed

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 07:51:35 pm »
I just tried out a polearm it the right swing doesn't seem fucked like the 2handers is...Am i wrong? Im testing shit out right now and it seems pretttty different then how it was. Maybe if polearm wasn't fucked with that much ill go that way untill this is fixed

The devs said the polearm right hand swing was changed along with the 2h. 

Also, that's how developing games and patching them works.  The developers shouldn't listen to all the whiney bitches in the forums and getting their approval before making changes otherwise everything would be nerfed to the point where being naked and using rocks would be your best bet .  It's not a democracy, just because someone's making the loudest noise, doesn't mean their opinion is valid, or should be heeded more than the person who is silent (because they have nothing to complain about, and like the game).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:53:16 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »
+3
Well, I think something has to be done. If that is to alter the wfp curve, overall speed increase or just more damage I don't know. For duels(And any type of combat really), if two average players face one another and really focus, it takes forever, feints do not work anymore and chambers barely work. We've sort of gone away from player skill and turned to; slow, boring clusterfuck gang-rapes where the person who plays the defensive role + friends will always win no matter how good his opponent is.

For instance, whenever I face Urist I tell myself to keep calm and be focused, but I can only do that for some time. Soon enough, after a few minutes I go berserk and just starts spamming. The patient player always wins, the other one does not lose, he GTX.

It feels like you're catering to the stamina fighters and reward them. Where's the love for the people who like speed, fast feints and flurries of chambers and quick distance control, etc.? :(
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »
They did not nerf polearm like they did  2handers. The 2hand right swing is slower then the left swing now.

Im playing a polearm guy right now and comparing. It doesn't seem anywhere as bad as what they did to 2handers. So they can eat my ass when it comes to them saying they changed it like they changed 2handers

they didnt touch 1 handers.  the change here was mostly 2 handers. And its making ppl switch their builds.

it was fine the way it was

another thing i thought of doesn't chads use polearms? not 2handers?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:58:13 pm by BootyBuster »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 07:59:48 pm »
+1
Polearms don't hiltslash very well compared to two handers, have garbage reach penalties for animations and don't have the cute lolstab wiggle.

Two handers still have a higher kill percentage in server stats then any other type.

Go back to native.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.