Author Topic: Slowass Combat speed  (Read 8479 times)

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
Re: Slowass Combat speed
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 08:58:44 pm »
Wut? You can check it for yourself in the "actions.txt" in the cRPG module folder. Search for "ready_slashright" and you'll find 3 entries; for 1h, 2h and pole(named staff). 2h and pole share the same time value(0.45) and if you compare it to the Native "actions.txt" you'll see that both, 2h and pole have been increased by 0.1 from 0.35 to 0.45.

We could do this, but have you seen the way those files are written? Whoever writes your txt files is insane, I noticed it when trying to read your item_kinds1.txt, those things aren't written in lines. The writer just finishes the command and continues after 1 space, I sincerely hope for the coders editors eyes that it wasn't written in that format. It's the first time someone has ever made messier code than mine. :)

On a more serious note he is correct, I just checked myself.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:02:39 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 08:59:34 pm »
I think his point is, the animations are not nerfed, they are actually buffed compared to Native. He then provided a way to prove it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 09:00:17 pm »
+1
Native actions is well formated and readable. cRPG's is fucked up but with understanding the Native txt one can understand cRPG too.

Also Tears is wrong, as usual. Point is, both 2h and polearm right-to-left swing ready duration got longer(aka nerfed). Ready animation is the part where he prepares the swing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:05:37 pm by Paul »

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »
its clear :D most 2h players think 2h is the only skilled class and everyone else (except a few polearmers who abuse stun to win) are noob and anything that nerfs 2h is outrageous. Shield is for noobs who cant block, cav is ez mode and ranged are cowards :P

that aside. 2h still is one of the best dueling classes and while i admit they should become faster they also should be shorter to take into account the added length from attacks. Hiltslash is a problem and a cheap move so its good that that is harder to do but its going to be hard (and take a while) for the mods to perfectly balance 2h :P

I like this. and agree with the top. Most skilled players know this. 2handers are the shit the best the most skilled the best Duels the fun SHit!!! Just fix the animations so its more fair or w/e people say. Hitslash right left, left right correcT? I block it all the time racecar likes to do it alot. its easy didnt need fixing. And if ppl do it and u see it comming, just swing a right swing or fake them out and they'll stop.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 09:03:56 pm »
Also Tears is wrong, as usual.

It had been a while since I earned my custom title, need to keep up appearances!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:59 pm »
Polearms don't hiltslash very well compared to two handers, have garbage reach penalties for animations and don't have the cute lolstab wiggle.

Two handers still have a higher kill percentage in server stats then any other type.

Go back to native.
I must be unfamiliar with your 2h and polearm  alts.

Two handers may have a higher percentage for a number of factors.
Also, who the fuck just says 'Danish' every time dragging us into the stats arguments pointlessly. There are other 2 handers besides the motherfucking danish sword. Slowing down the lol stab only means you can watch in slow mo, like a comic nightmare, as some stupid stab (any stab weapon) sweeps like a radar to your position killing you with a feather touch.
Get a god dam glaive and if you regularily lose to 2handers it is because you need work. Or go range and camp a roof putting yourself out of harm's way while your team mates die.

Piss off about hiltslash, which has not been removed, unless I am mistaken some dude named 'Erase' has still got it down pat with a Great Long Bardiche.

Yes, let us gimp 2handers for the inept, instead of say, removing the glance bullshit (yes I get glanced wearing pilgrim disguise).
Let's gimp agi builds too and say it adds depth.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:38 pm »
Well, I obviously said Danish... So I would be "one of them." Obviously there are more swords then the Danish... There is the German as well!  :mrgreen:

Besides, I wanted something long in case a long polearm was used as an example.

Though yes, you are unfamiliar with my two hander and polearm alts. Not everything has "Fallen" or "Tears" in it.  Though if that comment was directed at me, I think you are not very familiar at all with my Archer main considering I rarely roof camp and am usually mere meters away from the enemy just a few seconds charge away on the ground. What is your point about not knowing my characters, mister Zisa-I-use-a-spamberge-and-never-block?  :lol:

Regardless, you seem rather offended, or perhaps simply passionate about the discussion at hand. And no, I shall not get a Glaive, I prefer the Poleaxe over it though I certainly see the attraction.

I know you can hiltslash with polearms, I'm just of the opinion that things like the Longsword can do it better then the equivalent polearms.

Bunnies are fluffy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:41:07 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:06 pm »
Blocking is for cheaters, well, if you are trying to play the not block game - doubly difficult now - said game being most fun (and dangerous) with a great axe. I did not mean to imply that YOU were one of those roof camping scum that give archers a bad name, perhaps I should have placed some sort of disclaimer after the ellipses. You should pm your melee alts so I can observe you in action.

Trying to get rid of 'x' usually punishes scrubs like me who do not rely on 'x'.

For instance - the old lolstab was not something to try with the katana. Course, it is still here and the most annoying thing about it is still alive only in slo mo.

Earlier collisions to stop people swinging through walls  (like old xp barn and village tower shenanigans) really is punitive on any slope, punishing those who never bothered with such obvious silliness.

etc.

Scrub - he who thinks (or tries) to play a certain game that is not the actual game presented.

Since recent changes also truly fuck the joy out of trying to jump into a 1-3 or 1-5 and go berserk mode of course I am pissed about it. Next we can line up in ranks and wear red shirts the better to die in an orderly fashion.

Also I still suspect a long ago ninja block nerf but that could just be age gravity and paranoia. But fuck you Chasab for suggesting it way way back then!
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:57 pm »
Also I still suspect a long ago ninja block nerf but that could just be age gravity and paranoia. But fuck you Chasab for suggesting it way way back then!

:?:

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 01:34:54 am »
If u want harder and faster gameplay, make 9athletic ninjas with katanas for yourself.

It IS more fun and challenging. No really..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2012, 02:59:48 am »
If u want harder and faster gameplay, make 9athletic ninjas with katanas for yourself.

It IS more fun and challenging. No really..
Got 10 athletics, an alt 9/30. (yes that is a meager 189 wpf at lvl 30)
Wooden sword > katana (usually)
Katana is too slow for it's size.

Since it is obvious the game is getting slower and that is cmp's stated intent, I can smell which way the wind is blowing and it is foul.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 03:27:57 am »
[Kawaii desu katana is too slow, which it is]
Since it is obvious the game is getting slower and that is cmp's stated intent, I can smell which way the wind is blowing and it is foul.

Ew, a fart joke.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:53 am »
From what I noticed the players that have been on top of the scoreboards with their 2 handers before the patch are still on top of the scoreboards after the patch.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 04:37:48 am »
But Zisa just hangs out on the perimeters and kites people to him.

I also think quoting Bruce is kind of missing the point of what he was trying to say.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:43:03 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 10:10:02 am »
+1
I only bothered to read the first post, but I have not seen a duel go on longer than 45 seconds, are you making this thread cause the other guy was able to endure longer than you?

In my vision combat goes like this... Endurance Skill > Movement Skill > Attacking Skill > Blocking Skill.

If the other guy can keep focus longer than you then they win and I do not see that as a negative.

Edit: It is only  a matter of time before I go back to 2hander and slaughter this world.
Edit2: Bugger it, i'll go back to 2h now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:13:56 am by Serfonz »
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!