Author Topic: Did they change the 2h right swing?  (Read 20800 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Did they change the 2h right swing?
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »
I don't think anyone was trying to say 2hers and polearms are overpowered cmp, l2read.

I meant the entire topic, not just the latest discussion.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2012, 08:46:04 pm »
I meant the entire topic, not just the latest discussion.

Oh well that's fine then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCVQpcY1au4
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »
wow i think the thread with lance angle nerf didnt had so much pages as this "slowing down right swing" thread, i guess you guys must really been hurt with this nerf, probably whole 2h gameplay will change now, and those duels wont be the same ever again ;(

stay strong guys

Actually yes this will change the way u have to play ur 2h, take a look at some of the good 2hs post. But the reason this got that many pages is because of a little bit of off topic stuff xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2012, 09:03:35 pm »
+3

"Why my class is so underpowered" contest in progress, everyone on the nerf-that train!

- But... but that grass actually is greener!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:05:36 pm by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2012, 09:03:49 pm »
+1
Also, breaking news - 2h and polearms can land swings/thrusts on the head too.
You have to aim above the head of your enemy, which is far from a comfortable view angle and makes spotting attack directions very hard. Landing head hits on side swings or thrusts with polearms and 2H is only viable for backstabs and kickslashes.

Lag
It's not as borked as a hiltslash, but leftleft its a really fast swing combination. You should know, you regularly spam opponents with a second early in the animation left slash hit. Just look at yourself fight, don't you think the speed should be more evenly distributed between the animations instead of having the one super effective and fast attack? You're a prime example of a leftslashspammer.

Range?
Sure you can warm up your stun hit when you approach a 1h, but when they are in your range they stick to your face like glue. Going for a stun hit then is dangerous, as any moment there can be a leftslash hit, which is quite difficult to block with a human reaction time.

Teeth I know how you are fighting, it always takes you a split second before you attack back after blocking and you feint way too much, its easy to spam you and nobody needs a onehander for that.
I really doubt this, but if you think I do, I expect a lesson for how to properly attack. Would much appreciate it.

You could also try using a polearm with more than 89 speed...
It's 91.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »
You have to aim above the head of your enemy, which is far from a comfortable view angle and makes spotting attack directions very hard. Landing head hits on side swings or thrusts with polearms and 2H is only viable for backstabs and kickslashes.
It's not as borked as a hiltslash, but leftleft its a really fast swing combination. You should know, you regularly spam opponents with a second early in the animation left slash hit. Just look at yourself fight, don't you think the speed should be more evenly distributed between the animations instead of having the one super effective and fast attack? You're a prime example of a leftslashspammer.
Any swing can hit your opponents head, it's just a matter of your camera orientation and the only time you can have a normal camera orientation and hit your opponents head, is with a 1h left swing.

I play with about an effective 60 1h wpf due to wpf reduction and a MW Niuweidao (102 speed), and I'm apparently getting known for my double left swinging. I think that if I wasn't a hybrid and if my build wasn't completely fucked because of also having cav, I'd probably put myself somewhere on the lighter side of overpowered with my 1her. Aside from the occasional 2h guy ducking under my left swing(yes, you can duck under the left swing if you're positioned correctly and are holding a right/left swing chamber with your camera pointed at your opponents feet), I'd probably be able to spam through just about any non 1h right swings due to the chamber delay.

I may use the left swing to double hit, but really, I like all the swings. People often feel like they're comfortably out of my range because I focus on over heads and left swings early in the fight, but then I throw out the right swing and smack them until they learn to stop trying to play the range game(or start doing a better job of it). The swings have specific uses, they're not just a different attack direction simply for the sake of having one, which is great.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »
Easy way to look at it:

3 patches ago most 2H
1-2 most poles
Now - most 1h

Alot of people go with whatever seems to be most op at time.

Like many who prefer 2h I am thinking of going 1h no shield next gen.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »
I think it could help balancing to change a few character creation things:

- make respeccs being for free and without losing XP
- create an "reset all loom points" button that downgrades all heirloomed items you got, working once a week or so

This way you can see much faster what people tend to with the current balancing, and you can change things within months that would have taken a year otherwise. As soon as players are able to immediately switch to any OP class that might exist, and you still got a good mixture of all classes on the battlefield, you can undo the changes and get back to the old system.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2012, 11:37:04 pm »
+1
Easy way to look at it:

3 patches ago most 2H
1-2 most poles
Now - most 1h

Alot of people go with whatever seems to be most op at time.

Like many who prefer 2h I am thinking of going 1h no shield next gen.

no, its cuz the ridiculous ammount of flying stuff off the roofs on the server.

All the smartasses said: get a shield, so ppl listened.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2012, 11:58:52 pm »

Says you...

About 2H vs 1H:

I don't know what's the current situation considering this recent 2H nerf but before that 2H was superior to 1H (without shield).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:01:10 am by Leshma »

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2012, 02:13:33 am »
Says you...

About 2H vs 1H:

I don't know what's the current situation considering this recent 2H nerf but before that 2H was superior to 1H (without shield).
wat
maybe tincan vs tincan

its pretty close if its not tincan vs tincan, i mean 1h is faster. has better animation and has almost equal range of the 2h with the right swing...

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:22 am »
1h has almost equal range of the 2h with the right swing...

trololo

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:38 am »
Says you...

About 2H vs 1H:

2h and pole will always be superior to 1h/without shield simply because of the range and damage (unless they get some major nerf). 1h is to be taken with a shield to stop multiple strikes at the same time and block arrows and to fight in gangbangs without getting stuck on teammates, that's the advantage. It has always been like this, don't see the need to change and/or balance that.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2012, 07:49:44 am »
2h and pole will always be superior to 1h/without shield simply because of the range and damage (unless they get some major nerf). 1h is to be taken with a shield to stop multiple strikes at the same time and block arrows and to fight in gangbangs without getting stuck on teammates, that's the advantage. It has always been like this, don't see the need to change and/or balance that.

Agreed, 1h is fine DON'T TOUCH IT! It works great for shielders and as a 1 slot weapon for, for example, the pike. (mace should be 2 slot btw, imo)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2012, 07:58:25 am »
has almost equal range of the 2h with the right swing...

A Nordic Champion Sword (102 reach) has 121 reach with the right-to-left slash. A danish great sword (124) has 137 reach with the right-to-left slash. And the right slash is the short 2h attack - it's 141 on the left-to-right slash.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:00:53 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.